Thor's Hammer Problem

oO Hades Oo

Hello, I have a Thor's Hammer that i bought from viking a few years back. For some reason when i make a custom setup with the hex editor and load it into the controller through the 3.5mm jack, the software says it is loaded successfully but when i go to turn it on using the left trigger + sync nothing happens. I can load a preset program such as the "All in one 8 mode" and it works fine. I HAVE NOT installed macro into which i would never do, but i do have the latest version of the software 0.9.8.0....any help would be greatly appreciated

NYjetsNY1

Did you buy the controller off of viking360.com?

Secondly, have you tried taking the batteries out, and using brand new AA batteries? Are you sure that the custom setup has the left trigger + sync as an option, and that you are uploading the correct setup to your controller?

I can also assist you using teamviewer. Let me know what you'd like to do.

oO Hades Oo

Yes i did purchase from viking360.com before macro was available.

Brand new batteries, left trigger + sync........check and check. I have been making my own setups for a while now and been doing it the same way every time but never ran into this before. I dont use my mod very often but still have my own setup stored and ready to go. I did notice that a few weeks ago when i actually went to turn it on my LEDs went on the fritz so i changed to fresh batteries and that helped to get the mod to turn on but then it wouldnt turn off or switch modes. i took the battery pack out, re-flashed my setup to the controller, it said successfully configured and began this never turn on when using a edited hex stuff. But like i say oddly enough i can flash a pretuned setup and it turns on, switches modes, turns off, and just plain works every time.

NYjetsNY1

It sounds to me there is a problem with your edited hex setups. Can you delete your custom setups, and the software, then reinstall the software and make new sets? Then try using those new sets.

oO Hades Oo

i have deleted all software, all hex edits, and reinstalled software, remade hex setups and still no luck....ive tried to check the "allow configuration" box when trying to load a custom setup but it says load failure once you program a hex into it. when i dont check that box and load a setup it say successfully loaded but with no response when trying to turn the mod on. im not sure if maybe something happened to the chip? to go from working fine one day to all screwed up the next without doing anything other than trying to turn on the mod is down right baffling. ive opened the controller to check all the wires, which are still in place and nothing looks "fried" so not sure why it hates me now :/

NYjetsNY1

i have deleted all software, all hex edits, and reinstalled software, remade hex setups and still no luck....ive tried to check the "allow configuration" box when trying to load a custom setup but it says load failure once you program a hex into it. when i dont check that box and load a setup it say successfully loaded but with no response when trying to turn the mod on. im not sure if maybe something happened to the chip? to go from working fine one day to all screwed up the next without doing anything other than trying to turn on the mod is down right baffling. ive opened the controller to check all the wires, which are still in place and nothing looks "fried" so not sure why it hates me now :/

I'm not sure what to tell you. Odingalt will be on sometime soon so hopefully he can help you. Maybe after opening the controller you might have hurt it more?

oO Hades Oo

hopefully he can give me some insight on this. im pretty electronically inclined so being careful and precise is what i do.... opening it up hasn't had any affect on the situation. everything is still firmly in place.. thanks alot for trying to troubleshoot with me. two heads are better than one in most cases. it just seems like maybe there is a software issue with the hex editor or something since the viking setups work no prob but the customs are having issues. any who thanks a bunch

Last edited:

Fredrow

Download the Thor's Hammer button test code, LEGACY SOFTWARE

Then if everything checks out after the button test code, I would open up the HIDBootLoader software and put your controller into programming mode then hook the controller up to your PC.
Next I want you to click on the button that says "erase device"...... This will solve up that little problem you had with your LEDz going crazy..... Because fresh batteries only mask the problem!!!

oO Hades Oo

ive ran the button test code and everything seems to be working correctly. Ive also erased the device and reinstalled a program into the controller. The crazy lights, that was a one time deal. The real issue im having is the mod will not turn on if i load a custom made setup from the hex editor. oddly enough it will load and work flawlessly a premade viking program like "The Works" or any of the others available. Ive unistalled and reinstalled the editor software along with all my customs setups, remade those as well and still no luck :/

Fredrow

ive ran the button test code and everything seems to be working correctly. Ive also erased the device and reinstalled a program into the controller. The crazy lights, that was a one time deal. The real issue im having is the mod will not turn on if i load a custom made setup from the hex editor. oddly enough it will load and work flawlessly a premade viking program like "The Works" or any of the others available. Ive unistalled and reinstalled the editor software along with all my customs setups, remade those as well and still no luck :/

Can you please upload your pre-made .hex file so I can take a peak at it? Thanks!!!!

odingalt

Staff member
I know the custom-made hex's are very sensitive to any button issues. But if the button test passed with flying colors :-x. Question, which version of the customization software are you using, can you drop us a link (we can make sure you aren't using an old or buggy version)? I was going to add Gears of War 3 stuff to the custom editor, I could try it out on my Thor's Hammer on the shelf just to make sure things are working.

Fredrow

I know the custom-made hex's are very sensitive to any button issues. But if the button test passed with flying colors . Question, which version of the customization software are you using, can you drop us a link (we can make sure you aren't using an old or buggy version)? I was going to add Gears of War 3 stuff to the custom editor, I could try it out on my Thor's Hammer on the shelf just to make sure things are working.

Nothing is making sense with this problem... He said he is using
oO Hades Oo said:
but i do have the latest version of the software 0.9.8.0

Hades: Get onto your PC or laptop (whichever you use to program your controller with) and uninstall the Viking360 hex editor software and then go and download the newest version of the .hex editor software from here
Legacy Custom Driver Editor and install the software again. See if that solves the problem.

At this point Hades its just trial and error.......

oO Hades Oo

ok i ran the button test code again and the #4 LED flashes 3x constantly. All the other buttons can be tested and seem to check out. Does this mean there is a wire out of place or loose which could be causing the issue? I dont recall the LED flashing constantly the last time i ran the test code but sometimes little things like that get overlooked when your 4yr old son is jumping on you wanted to know what you are doing. lol **** kids. anyways thanks everyone for the input i really appreciate it

Fredrow

This is the "Thor's Hammer" button test code

LEFT STICK = LED-4 (blink 1x)

LEFT BUMPER = LED-4 (blink 2x)

RIGHT BUMPER = LED-4 (blink 3x)

RIGHT STICK = LED-4 (blink 4x)

X = LED-3 (blink 1x)

Y = LED-3 (blink 2x)

B = LED-3 (blink 3x)

A = LED-3 (blink 4x)

LEFT TRIGGER = LED-3 (blink 1x) then LED-4 (blink 1x)

RIGHT TRIGGER = LED-3 (blink 1x) then LED-4 (blink 1x) then repeats.

SYNC = LED-4 (blink 5x)

Looks like the problem has to do with the Right Bumper.....

oO Hades Oo

i can open it up and check the connections on the wires. Question for Odin - why is the controller more sensitive to a button problem with my hex vs. your hex? being a hex, are they not both the same, and should theoretically either work together or fail together

Fredrow

i can open it up and check the connections on the wires. Question for Odin - why is the controller more sensitive to a button problem with my hex vs. your hex? being a hex, are they not both the same, and should theoretically either work together or fail together

I can also help you with this too, if you want it.

Can you please give an example of what your trying to explain?

Are you saying that the pre-made .hex files are more sensitive (during game play) compared to a .hex file that you created using the .hex editor software?

oO Hades Oo

In a reply by Odin, (see above) he said that the custom made hex's are sensitive to button issues. I got from that reply that if there was a button issue, then my custom made hex would probably not work. So what im asking is how could my custom hex and viking's premade hex (i.e. "the works") act differently when they are both hex files? Mine doesnt work even though it says that it was flashed successfully, but the premade willl flash and run correctly without a hitch.