THOR's HAMMER PROBLEMS

KCZ45

I've had my Thors hammer for about a month now and for the first week it was okay i expected more but it did about two things i expected. I haven't played so much on it so it couldn't be wear. I tested it on mw3 and there was barley any options so i bought black ops. I am extremely upset with the results. very disappointed. There are numerous problems, 1. I have bought multiple batteries for this remote and it has been turning off after 2 or 3 days with new batteries. I have bought really powerful batteries that are suppose to last 4x as long but it hasn't been making a difference. next, out of 3 hours of gameplay it will disconnect at least 5 times. I am so tired of getting disconnected when changing modes it's ridiculous!!!! :mad: I strongly regret buying this remote! i wish i had of bought the raven Im sick and tired of me getting disconnected. recently i found another problem which is when i turn on the mod it lights up only when changing them, then it turns the mod back off. Ill be in a game and this happens all the time. Sometimes buttons wont work but this rarely happens mostly with the sync button. I am strongly disappointed with this product.

odingalt

Staff member
. I am so tired of getting disconnected when changing modes it's ridiculous!!!!

You have to remember just to tap the sync button when you want to change modes. If you hold it down too long, it's going to perform the stock function of the sync button - which is to synchronize your controller to the console. This is the drawback of not having an aftermarket tac switch. Any modded controllers (not just viking) that use the sync button to change modes is the same way :-(.

.recently i found another problem which is when i turn on the mod it lights up only when changing them, then it turns the mod back off.

The Thor's Hammer doesn't "Remember" what mods you have enabled, or even what mode you were on, when the controller is powered off. It is designed to reset to mode 1 and to turn off all the mods when the controller is powered off. Next time you power on, you have to turn on the mods you want and scroll to the mode you want to play. (Ragnarok has this but we haven't gone back to try to add it to the Thor's Hammer or Odin's Raven).

Sometimes buttons wont work but this rarely happens mostly with the sync button.

The buttons should always work, what do you mean when you say the buttons aren't working? This doesn't sound like a normally working remote. This part has me concerned.

KCZ45

I couldn't agree more on the sync button problem. i understand how you have to press it once and not hold it, i do it correctly i'm positive. my friend has a sync controller to, but when i use his it seems to work fine. (not same remote) Anyway what i tried saying was i would gently tap it in less then a second and it still seems to disconnect. The biggest problem about this to is the controller is constantly locking!!!!!! What i mean by that it randomly turns all mods off while the two bottom lights for player 3 or 4 or both are still on then the controller stops working and i cant turn on or off or even change modes on the controller.

KCZ45

You have to remember just to tap the sync button when you want to change modes. If you hold it down too long, it's going to perform the stock function of the sync button - which is to synchronize your controller to the console. This is the drawback of not having an aftermarket tac switch. Any modded controllers (not just viking) that use the sync button to change modes is the same way .

The Thor's Hammer doesn't "Remember" what mods you have enabled, or even what mode you were on, when the controller is powered off. It is designed to reset to mode 1 and to turn off all the mods when the controller is powered off. Next time you power on, you have to turn on the mods you want and scroll to the mode you want to play. (Ragnarok has this but we haven't gone back to try to add it to the Thor's Hammer or Odin's Raven).

The buttons should always work, what do you mean when you say the buttons aren't working? This doesn't sound like a normally working remote. This part has me concerned.
By buttons i mean either the sync button or the right trigger.

40_ounce

To make it so that my Thor's Hammer doesn't disconnect while changing modes is I hold down the button that changes the mode I want then quickly tap the sync button without letting go of the button that i want to use to change the mode. So let's say I want to use the A button to change a mode I would hold down A then tap the sync button without letting go of the A button let the mode change then release the A button.

KCZ45

To make it so that my Thor's Hammer doesn't disconnect while changing modes is I hold down the button that changes the mode I want then quickly tap the sync button without letting go of the button that i want to use to change the mode. So let's say I want to use the A button to change a mode I would hold down A then tap the sync button without letting go of the A button let the mode change then release the A button.
i've been doing the same thing as well but it still disconnects.

KCZ45

wow, now i cant jump using the a button. BUT, whenever i press the guide button i jump! looks like i wasted 145$

odingalt

Staff member
wow, now i cant jump using the a button. BUT, whenever i press the guide button i jump! looks like i wasted 145$

If you bought direct from Viking, you should have a warranty. Your money isn't wasted :). Your controller definitely sounds like a hardware issue, pushing the guide button should not make your character jump! Just open up a support ticket, describe this "button criss cross" problem, and the staff will get you set up to have it repaired at the shop.

KCZ45

If you bought direct from Viking, you should have a warranty. Your money isn't wasted . Your controller definitely sounds like a hardware issue, pushing the guide button should not make your character jump! Just open up a support ticket, describe this "button criss cross" problem, and the staff will get you set up to have it repaired at the shop.
thanks for the help. by the way on the back of my remote it has a little sticker saying, "warranty void if removed"

odingalt

Staff member
That's good :). If the sticker is in place and you bought somewhat recently then your warranty is still good.