Thors Hammer

WetterThanWater

My friend has a thors hammer, and hes complaining about all of his ROL flashing randomly, and his controller is just a normal controller. Is it just software, and should I go over to his house and put on a new preset thingy? or is it hardware..

NYjetsNY1

WetterThanWater said:
My friend has a thors hammer, and hes complaining about all of his ROL flashing randomly, and his controller is just a normal controller. Is it just software, and should I go over to his house and put on a new preset thingy? or is it hardware..

Tell him to replace his batteries... try fresh ones. Try putting a preset on it afterwords.

Fredrow

[color=#00FFFF said:
WetterThanWater[/color]]My friend has a thors hammer, and hes complaining about all of his ROL flashing randomly, and his controller is just a normal controller. Is it just software, and should I go over to his house and put on a new preset thingy? or is it hardware..

Just changing the batteries will NOT fix this problem! Here is what you need to do to fix this problem:

1.) Get Brand New AA batteries, then insert them correctly into the battery holder

2.) Put the controller into programming mode (holding the SYNC button then pressing the guide button. If that does not put your controller into programming mode don't stress; just remove the battery pack then hold down both the SYNC + Guide button and while you are still holding both down insert the battery pack into the controller)

3.)
Once in programming mode then your ready to connect the controller to your PC and open up the HID-Bootloader program.

4.) When the bootloader has made communications with the controller, press the button that say's "Erase Device" (once done you can either hit "Reset Device" and test the controller out, or go on to step 5)

5.) Depending on the the design of the controllers PCB (CG, or, CG2) you will need to check the box "Allow Configuration Word Programming"
CG=Box un-checked
CG2=Box Checked

6.) Press the button "Open Hex File" choose the file you are wanting to flash onto the controller, then press the button "Program/Verify" Wait for the Bootloader to finish up flashing.

7.) Press the button "Reset Device" and then get back to Taking Over Da' World, Mane!!!!

I think the problem is over time and with flashing & flashing & flashing, some data may get left behind and then build up within the PIC, so doing a hard erase has always fixed this problem for myself and plenty of other happy Viking360 customers.

Fredrow

[attachment=1:28aiyl8l]images.jpeg[/attachment:28aiyl8l][attachment=0:28aiyl8l]images-1.jpeg[/attachment:28aiyl8l]Here you go.