Thought this was funny

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
A while back, and I mean a WHILE, when I was first looking for a modded controller sometime last year I believe before I stumbled upon this website after the Macro controllers came out, I was checking out all different websites trying to find the best one. I remember the only one that I considered buying from was evilcontrollers. I just went on their site to look at how expensive everything was because I remember their prices were outrageous and I got a good laugh. Not trying to bash their company but they literally changed their entire website look, made a whole new lineup of V2 controllers (so those that want to upgrade need to buy a whole new controller or send it in and pay to upgrade, idk how their policy is) for the new games that have come out (mw3, bf3, gow3).

Although they may have a million different ways and items for customization, each piece was extremely overpriced, the mods themselves were kind of overpriced IMO, and I was like wow, the controllers at Viking360 are a billion times more worth the money, cheaper, more reliable, have different features that I personally see as more useful (i'd rather buy the ragnarok than their master mod which will still never beat the macro) and free updates?!

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm glad I found this website before I made a mistake I would've regretted lol. Thanks for all of your support, help, and answering all of our questions (especially odin and jets, i know others help as much as possible too). It doesn't go unnoticed.

How do other companies stay in business with you guys around? and that's a serious question because i'd never buy from anywhere else, even if it was diy kits lol

NYjetsNY1

Advertising. We don't advertise enough! We work more to improving our items, rather than advertising them. We often go unnoticed, with most people finding evil controllers and a select few finding viking. Almost everyone says they prefer viking once they find us!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yeah I didnt even know you guys' existed until I researched for about an hour. Thank goodness I did.

odingalt

Staff member
My company: NYJets is a paid contractor in these forums. It's worth it for us to pay for somebody to keep my customers company when I'm not available. I personally try to answer as much stuff as I can, even if it means staying up until 2am in the morning and getting 5 hours of sleep some nights. We also pay our in-house employees BY THE HOUR, which means they do good work - even though some days they get more done, some days they get less done. We pay (albeit a tiny amount) towards our employee's health care. We care about our employees, and because of that, our employees care about the customers.

The other guys: They pay their workers by-the-piece. Which means their workers are slapping your controller together as quickly as possible and don't care about the quality as long as they get paid for their piecework. The only guy who checks thire forums is only there to make sure to delete any negative posts about their products. The employees are miserable, turnover is extremely high as some employees can't even make minimum wage on the piecework because they are too slow - the faster employees burn out over time and eventually quit anyways.

My company: Our monthly advertising budget is 10% of our monthly budget. This is high because we are currently launching the VikingDigital site (launch really takes about six months, we are about three months into it). I spent so much money on R&D on these products that I am trying to save money by not advertising - and hoping that the quality of the product speaks for itself. Most business men would call this stupid - and they are right - but while I'm doing this business to make money, I'm still sticking to my mission which is to offer a superior product at the same or less price as the other guys. There's just no way to do this and to blow a bunch of money on advertising at the same time. My employees, my R&D, the quality of our products all costs us more than the other guys.

Other guys: Monthly SEO budget is 15-25% of their monthly budget. They have BBB business ratings of "F". They could care less what happens to you and their crappy product once the credit card transaction has passed. The important thing is making a sell, or charging a customer for the next software upgrade.

Notice I didn't pick out anyone in particular, but you get the idea. We're still ma n' pop even though we have gone a little more "corporate" since the macro controllers were released last Fall. The economy has been pretty tough, so we had to toughen up a little bit, too.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Props to you guys. When I was searching around other sites a while ago I always felt like everything was overpriced and it was difficult to contact someone about their products. It hasn't changed much. You guys have your own forums that are easy to access and you guys care. I feel like most of your competitors just don't care as much as you guys do about the customer, and that's how most businesses these days are sadly. All I know is you guys are the greatest and I would never recommend anywhere but here to anyone who's interested in getting a modded controller. My roommate might eventually buy one after he sees me use mine so if he does I'll direct him here lol.