Timeline Editor Issue ..

JacksonB813

Is there a fix for the whole, "Analog Stick and D-Pad functions merging and changing to random different directions" problem. I saw another person in the forum with the same issue a while back. Don't know if there is a fix or not. It gets really frustrating sometimes trying to perfect my macro when the functions randomly change direction on me turning a 15 minute macro to a 2 hour job.

odingalt

Staff member
Jackson is there any way you can get a scree capture of the bug and upload it to youtube? If I can catch this bug in action, I can forward it to the .NET framework developer.

garnet2k11

What in the world....i just went into the software myself too...when i get my controller soon, this better not be happening to me when i spend hours trying to time very crticially sensitive recordings correctly...

But i was playing aroudn testing in the software too just now...with the D-pad only....and when i save the file, and reopen it...some of the Dpad buttons just randomly got changed to a different direction...what's going on !? :( It's precisly as JacksonB813 described

It's like it doesn't save or load properly or something. i really hope it can be fixed. Sorry for my rant

And how do we delete any individual dots or actions ?? i see the X column on the far right side of the window, but that deletes the whole entire buttons actions completely, ...can we even delete any invidiaul single dots we might accidently have placed on the screen ?? Sorry if this has already been asked before.

Also, why does it take soooo long just to open 1 simple file in the timeline editor ? i only have a couple actions i put on the screen to test with, and it takes as long as 45 seconds just for the file to even open, and it's only 3 KB.

Didn't do anything more beyond 0.5 seconds. I have 1.5 GB RAM avaiable, intel core 2 duo CPU, ..i dont understad why it struggles so hard just to open a file.

I just wish to be clear on these issues.

Last edited:

garnet2k11

ohhhh, gosh, okay thats good. I didn't realize, my fault
(i didn't see it mentioned on the help screen, so thats why i was a little confused).

It's still weird about the random direction changing though.
That may become troublesome when i get started for reals.

Last edited:

JacksonB813

The filesize used to double every time i saved when using the dpad functions but i havent experienced it since updating to 0.8.7.5 .. but the directions still change with the dpad as well as analog sticks..

odingalt

Staff member
Watching that video drives even me crazy. I have been buried on Ragnarok projects and keeping up with orders and running the business, things are slowing down just a little bit, I will find a .NET expert to help me solve the bug in the software that you posted the video for. What's frustrating is this worked perfectly in some interim releases and somehow the developer totally screwed this up towards the end with the 0.8.7.x releases.

odingalt

Staff member
Jackson,

I made a cash deposit with a crack-shot .NET developer to revive our macro software. In an early version of the macro software, all this stuff was tested and working good. The developer housed our files for the GUI. At some point their entire .NET staff walked off and quit. I am finally to the point I am wondering if the staff who quit sabotaged my software on their way out the door.

I have no idea how 7 months elapsed without any work on this project. But we are working on it now, I don't care how many man-hours or dollars it costs to fix the quirks.

With the analog stick tracks, so long as you draw out the entire track on one try and don't make edits, it works good. OF course this is a huge pain because making edits is all a normal part of tweaking your macro to be perfect.

The d-pad error is insanely annoying and I don't know of a way around it. We will be fixing both. I am getting a new developer familiar with our project as the last guy's whole team walked off the job. He spent 3 months assuring me they were working on the fix, then wrote back and said there was no bug and oh by the way, they no longer do .net development.

(.NET is the compiler package they used to create the Macro software)