titan one or Beserker?

dawgyownz

So the titan one does what this controller does plus some. Why would one buy the controller when Titan one is 60$ Not hating just asking yall.

Last edited:

bonefisher

Where did you get plus some other than using different controllers for a console. Do they have 4 extra tac switches that you can customize and have more features in a game? The only way they would have plus some is to hook up a Berserker to the Titan One to use it.

dawgyownz

Where did you get plus some other than using different controllers for a console. Do they have 4 extra tac switches that you can customize and have more features in a game? The only way they would have plus some is to hook up a Berserker to the Titan One to use it.
Could one plug a Titan one in a Beserker and use on ps4 or xbox 360?

I have both and one sits in my draw :) I love my berserker I love the tac switches they make things much simpler, I find with the titan one your more reliant on other peoples work as it's harder to make things to your liking. However with berserker once you learn the way it works its rather simple to make runes personalised to you.

I will say there is one part of the titan I liked and that's the ability to have mods which are direction related (great for fifa so you can perform skills based on the direction your moving/running) however support did tell me this feature is in the long term plans so I look forward to that.

But all in all the berserker was a great buy, and now with public rune sharing and recording things are becoming even easier and more user friendly.

And yes you can't use a mic with titan there is a way around it but its more hassle than its worth I feel.

odingalt

Staff member
Titan One, aka Cronus, aka Controller Max, aka Game Pad Proxy (how many times are they going to re-brand this product).

Here is a link to an old post comparing Controller Max to Berserker:

http://www.viking360.com/forums/threads/cornus-x-cross-platform-usb-adapter.5086/

Cronus / Controller Max doesn't have:

-The ability to work with wired headsets. (Bye bye wired headset, it's incompatible)
-An indicator on the face of controller to keep track of the mods you've loaded onto your controller
-A nice graphical user interface for entering your combos (you have to be a programming genius to use their scripting language)
-Awesome ergo paddle switches on the backside of the controller
-Extra mod switches on the top side of the controller too, for controlling mods without interfering with your stock buttons
-Guaranteed undetectability. Datel got owned, Controller Max suffers from the same risk as it's an unlicensed device
-The ability to run completely wireless (you either have to pair, or on PS4 I think it says you have to pair and stay paired all the time)

Cronus standard warranty: 90 days.
Viking standard warranty: 180 days.

Cronus licensed? No, runs unlicensed hardware.
Viking licensed? Yes, we only mod authentic, licensed Sony/Microsoft hardware.

Our product is more expensive for three main reasons: it's better; it maintains better compatibility (runs wireless 100% of the time, runs with wired Microsoft headsets); it maintains undetectability since we install our mods on the "analog" domain where Microsoft will never detect it. It's not easy to install mods on the analog side, it's very labor intensive, but we do it because we don't want to see you get banned from Live for modding or using unlicensed hardware. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/datel-controller-issue

Thread of ControllerMAX staff buying a Viking Macro controller and reverse engineering our work:

http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142684&page=2

dawgyownz

Titan One, aka Cronus, aka Controller Max, aka Game Pad Proxy (how many times are they going to re-brand this product).

Here is a link to an old post comparing Controller Max to Berserker:

http://www.viking360.com/forums/threads/cornus-x-cross-platform-usb-adapter.5086/

Cronus / Controller Max doesn't have:

-The ability to work with wired headsets. (Bye bye wired headset, it's incompatible)
-An indicator on the face of controller to keep track of the mods you've loaded onto your controller
-A nice graphical user interface for entering your combos (you have to be a programming genius to use their scripting language)
-Awesome ergo paddle switches on the backside of the controller
-Extra mod switches on the top side of the controller too, for controlling mods without interfering with your stock buttons
-Guaranteed undetectability. Datel got owned, Controller Max suffers from the same risk as it's an unlicensed device
-The ability to run completely wireless (you either have to pair, or on PS4 I think it says you have to pair and stay paired all the time)

Cronus standard warranty: 90 days.
Viking standard warranty: 180 days.

Cronus licensed? No, runs unlicensed hardware.
Viking licensed? Yes, we only mod authentic, licensed Sony/Microsoft hardware.

Our product is more expensive for three main reasons: it's better; it maintains better compatibility (runs wireless 100% of the time, runs with wired Microsoft headsets); it maintains undetectability since we install our mods on the "analog" domain where Microsoft will never detect it. It's not easy to install mods on the analog side, it's very labor intensive, but we do it because we don't want to see you get banned from Live for modding or using unlicensed hardware. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/datel-controller-issue

Thread of ControllerMAX staff buying a Viking Macro controller and reverse engineering our work:

http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142684&page=2

Great reply. I went ahead and bought a controller! Can't wait to use. Is this controller compatible with the adapter? I have a 360 headset and need it to use my mic.

JIM WALKER

Yes it is ok with the adapter and your 360 headset, caution though, if you have paddles fitted then the adapter snags them, easily resolved by trimming the adapter or trimming the paddles.

dawgyownz

Yes it is ok with the adapter and your 360 headset, caution though, if you have paddles fitted then the adapter snags them, easily resolved by trimming the adapter or trimming the paddles.
Thanks for reply! What did you use to trim and exactly where did you trim? Could you post a pic for reference so I don't end up messing up a 25$ adapter lol.

EDIT: Just ended up using some good old wire cutters to snip the edges on adapter and paddles. Works greats for a fix. I can always just end up buying new paddles when and if they release a fixed version.

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

Excellent, welcome to the Viking and the berserker family, you will love it. Any help needed, just jump on here and ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question, we all have to learn.