tyre's hand vs. thor's hammer

geestthebeast

I would get the cheapper one if it only offered jitter mods. but since it doesn't i have to wait till i get paid in 2 weeks to get the more expensive one. i know the hammer has glitched reload and other features, but i would still prefer the tyr's hand because of the low cost and simple classic function. My basic question would be, Will there ever be a jitter speed for the tyr's hand controller?

theblur1

no jitter is not available for the tyrs hand because it has a 'matrix board' which does not support button glitches.
trust me the hammer is worth the extra $$

IrishStyle

geestthebeast said:
I would get the cheapper one if it only offered jitter mods. but since it doesn't i have to wait till i get paid in 2 weeks to get the more expensive one. i know the hammer has glitched reload and other features, but i would still prefer the tyr's hand because of the low cost and simple classic function. My basic question would be, Will there ever be a jitter speed for the tyr's hand controller?

It does not have jitter because of the matrix board it has. As far as I know it never will. To do jitter you need the y button wired in but that is not possible on the matrix board.

geestthebeast

i guess ill buy the hammer. if anyone is going to be replacing their sleeper with a duo or something, let me know if you'll sell your sleeper for around $80-100.ill pay depending on what all you have for it. if i get a new one it'l just be the white with nothing special added. thanks for all the help.

obo

Yo, if you're on a budget, do a send in service from fredrow at east seattle electronics. The link is up top of the viking360 homepage. He does great work and its cheap. Like 80 for the sleeper, and like 115 for the duo i think. So if you want to use your own vontroller and save some money, i would strongly recommend it. Thats what i did. Andni would definatly get the duo in that case. Words cannot express how much better it is. I got the slerper st firat, then within sent it in to get it upgraded to a duo. But yeah, talk to fredrow :)

geestthebeast

obo said:
Yo, if you're on a budget, do a send in service from fredrow at east seattle electronics. The link is up top of the viking360 homepage. He does great work and its cheap. Like 80 for the sleeper, and like 115 for the duo i think. So if you want to use your own vontroller and save some money, i would strongly recommend it. Thats what i did. Andni would definatly get the duo in that case. Words cannot express how much better it is. I got the slerper st firat, then within sent it in to get it upgraded to a duo. But yeah, talk to fredrow :)

ya but all my other controllers have mods in them allready. and i need another controller so i can have a full set of 4. i don't really like the duo. i don't like all the added buttons underneath. but again, if anyone has a sleeper that they replaced ill pay for it.

obo

oh wow, my post had a ton of typos in it, sorry bout that. posted that on my ipod touch from a competition in iowa

geestthebeast

Im looking around and i saw the foundmy.com has some of your products. including a kit and they even have controllers. what if i get a matrix board instead of the needed cg1 or cg2. i know im capable of doing the mod, but my only question would be does microsoft still sell the old matrix boards? cause i planed on making a raven with the kit. and with the kit will i still have all the features i would normally have? like usb programability? Thanks

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You can tell by looking near the battery pack, you can see part of the board. Just return it if you get the wrong one. It would still be upgradeable, but you wouldn't get nearly as many features.

geestthebeast

i know how to tell the difference between a matrix and cg, i was asking if i do the mod myself will it still have usb upgradability and other features?

IrishStyle

geestthebeast said:
i know how to tell the difference between a matrix and cg, i was asking if i do the mod myself will it still have usb upgradability and other features?

All boards are usb upgradable....the difference between the matrix and the CG is the matrix is only rapid fire because its basically only triggers wired into the chip. The CG allows for all buttons and sticks to be wired into the chip(except D pad). So you are able to have reload glitches, akimbo, mimic with the CG, where the matrix is limited because of the PCB. I think its a waste of a chip if you install in a matrix IMO.

geestthebeast

i think ill just save up and buy a raven. where are the buttons located underneath the controller? are they in a possition where you will allways be touching them or are they away from your fingers closser to the battery pack? i hate accidentally taping the buttons and changing the speed.

theblur1

the buttons i think are in a perfect spot. one of my friens bought one.
they didnt interfere with how i hold the controller and i find them very comfortable to use

Krier023

Useful Poster
If you buy a controller from fredrow he can put them on the top of the controler right ontop of the start and back buttons

IrishStyle

The buttons on the rear are right where your middle fingers rest, there in a nice place. The way fredrow installs them looks much cleaner though.

geestthebeast

To all who wanted to know. ive ordered from gamermodz.com, rapidfirecontrollers.com, evilcontrollers.com, silentmodz.com, and other small companies that sell mod kits and chips. Gamermodz was by far one of the most expensive ones and the lowest quallity i could find. i bout the 10 mode universal ultimate with over $200 dollars in aditionall options. it was the sadest thing. his rapid fire for world at war was allready slow, but after june 11, the day after i got my mod, he changed his code several times, it was only about 3-5 sps and would randomly stop then start shooting again, making it really hard to get kills plus he just takes the quickest route out and try's to just use one of the other modes he allready made for the patches or new games. Rapidfiremods.com has good service and friendly customer service along with cheapest prices ive seen, evilcontrollers was good but overpriced, silentmodz.com was good and fairly priced with lots of options. I have not been able to get a viking product, but i have friends who have them, i myself am going to buy one whenever i get enough extra money. with gas and other sh** i buy it might be 2-3 weeks, deffinetly in april i will have it. Thanks for listning. Don't even bother looking at gamermodz products. :mrgreen: