tyr's hand 3.5 Jack

fathersin

I have tyr's hand with 3.5 jack. I am unable to get the controller to work with a regular 360 controller battery pack or even with the plug and play usb cord.

The only thing that works is double AA battery pack which can get expensive especially when batteries burn out in 2 days of play.

When I plug in with either battery pack or the plug and play only the player 1 led is on but am unable to program or set turbo mode of any kind I can't even go to program mode to flash the controller.

Any help would be awsome.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

fathersin said:
I have tyr's hand with 3.5 jack. I am unable to get the controller to work with a regular 360 controller battery pack or even with the plug and play usb cord.

The only thing that works is double AA battery pack which can get expensive especially when batteries burn out in 2 days of play.

When I plug in with either battery pack or the plug and play only the player 1 led is on but am unable to program or set turbo mode of any kind I can't even go to program mode to flash the controller.

That happened to my regular controller. But I don't know why the battery pack doesn't work. But the PnC cable could have a cut wire in it.

odingalt

Staff member
fathersin said:

Where did you buy the Tyr's Hand from? Or was it a do-it-yourself install using a modchip kit from somewhere? The reason I ask is that I don't remember if we ever sold the Tyr's Hand with a 3.5mm jack option from the viking360.com main website. At least since January it was always only offered with the modify PnC port option.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
fathersin said:

Where did you buy the Tyr's Hand from? Or was it a do-it-yourself install using a modchip kit from somewhere? The reason I ask is that I don't remember if we ever sold the Tyr's Hand with a 3.5mm jack option from the viking360.com main website. At least since January it was always only offered with the modify PnC port option.
i think fredrow and/or ben did some 3.5 tyrs hands....

fathersin

yea Fredrow did it for me. Hes looking into it so hopefully a answer will come soon its a new controller all black including d-pad not sure what model that is. But, as it stands it only works with the 2 AA battery pack.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
odingalt said:
fathersin said:

Fredrow always does 3.5, even on the hands. He says he doesn't like "wasting" the pnc. He's also done some hands and hammers that have a tac instead of sync.

Fredrow

fathersin said:
yea Fredrow did it for me. Hes looking into it so hopefully a answer will come soon its a new controller all black including d-pad not sure what model that is. But, as it stands it only works with the 2 AA battery pack.

The inside PCB of your controller was a Matrix. I'm kind of surprised you didn't give me any props or even a thank you for replacing all the gray pieces with Black ones..... It's all good though I just like hooking up customers with special out of the blue freebies..... But your the first person who didn't even notice..... That's funny......

I should have an answer for you tonight about the problem. I already have an idea of what it is, but I don't want to say it right now on here just because then this thread will get bombarded with hella retarded responses about it and stupid ideas on how to fix it.......

odingalt

Staff member
Yes it can be hard to help people, hard to keep the kids on topic and playing nice when trying to help out.

fathersin

Bro the controller feels and looks amazing.

I didn't inspect it much before I shipped it off too you but after inspecting my other controllers I can see now all the nice extra mods you added.

I really appreciate the controller.

PnC not working is a small thing for me I just figured I'd try and find out if something was wrong even though I have rechargables sometimes I forget to recharge those suckers and then I have to wait to play I know I'm a addict you can say it.

Fredrow always does 3.5, even on the hands. He says he doesn't like "wasting" the pnc. He's also done some hands and hammers that have a tac instead of sync.

Hellz yea he actually made it 3.5 and added a tac switch for me for a little extra which make me love this controller even more. :D

Fredrow

fathersin said:
Bro the controller feels and looks amazing.

I didn't inspect it much before I shipped it off too you but after inspecting my other controllers I can see now all the nice extra mods you added.

I really appreciate the controller.

PnC not working is a small thing for me I just figured I'd try and find out if something was wrong even though I have rechargables sometimes I forget to recharge those suckers and then I have to wait to play I know I'm a addict you can say it.

Hellz yea he actually made it 3.5 and added a tac switch for me for a little extra which make me love this controller even more. :D

Also hooked him up with real black PS3 sticks, black bottom trim and a black D-pad too..... Plus his LEDs match the A,B,X,Y buttons..... I really liked how that controller turned out.....