Ultimate legacy setup!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I just built a legacy ravin controller with added mimic dropshot, mimic jumpshot and mimic reload. there all controlled by tact switches i installed on the left underside grip on my controller perpendicular from each other. This allowed me to make my own turbo knife mod, dropshot mod and jumpshot mod. How? well I just chased the a,b,x conections to tact switches then grounded the tact switches. Now when i go to program my setups i go to semtex RB,Y re-load then i set my delay to 3. After that i program the right tact to tap mode to turn on-off mods. now when i knife someone i just hit the R3 then press the tact "on the back left were my finger rest" and i achieve a perfect turbo knife and if i need to re-load i just quickly tap the right tact to turn the mod off. This controller has allot of potential i can almost do everything on my legacy as on my ragnarok. The ragnarok can run more multiple mods at once with less learning cure though. With all the tact buttons its a little complicated but a little time it can be mastered. I like my new legacy cause its more supportive to older games as the ragnarok is more a mw3 gears or battlefield controller. there are way more options if your in to mw, mw2, waw, black-ops and so on. I can do every thing the ragnarok can do for ex: fast re-loads,drop-shot,jumpshots,turbo-knife,sniper-breath,one touch quickscope and akimbo mode. the only thing i cant do is auto-sprint. Like i previously said I have allot more buttons to work with but what I set out to prove is that the old chips can have great potential and still give the new controllers a run for there money.

Last edited:

modded matt

the old chips are very much still valid in the modding industry and I am pleased to see them back on the market. I know alot of people who hired me to install the DYI chip for them, and have rehired me to swap the old chip to a new controller after the old one wears out.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Ill post some pics on the next one. I bought two chips i just don't have enough time in the week to get to it. I've done allot of old school modding using Hazers flex rf opensourse code. Its a real good chip also and when u add mimic tact buttons. next one i'm going to leave out mimic jump its just way too many tact switches to close to each other. keep it simple. Probably saterday or somethin ill upload some pics of my work. I like to take my time and make it clean, solder up all my points on the controller, get my tact buttons in place then last thing hook it all up to the chip. I still need to go to frys electronics and find a 3.5mm jack. I just don't really like the play n charge method. so ill through in my mimic drop shot mimic reload and some leds' or somethin.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Yes the advantage is being able to use these buttons without having to remove your thumbs from the analog sticks. it does not sound like much but when it comes down to game play having control of both analogs can save your life. say when u dropshot u have to take your right thumb off the analog to press B, that second it takes to do this your impaired to aim left, right, up and down. When your in a fire fight the enemy will tend to strafe left to right now your disabled from staying on target. Also it gives u the option to be able to drop when u want. For me I feel that when the next generation of consoles come out they should look into re-designing the controller to be more funtionable than your thumbs and index fingers. Making full use of all appendages. U only really need your pinky fingers and ring fingers to anchor the controller. If they incorporated A,B on one backside and X,Y on the other side the middle fingers could control those switches so u don't have to remove other fingers or thumbs from critical motion control buttons. Also It would sweet if they had like a switch were if the user wanted they could enable or disable the underside buttons and like a program mode were a user can remap any button or analog to another corresponding button or analog. this way u could make your own tactical setups instead of using the games pre programmed tactical layouts. Anyways i flew way off the subject but i believe this would be the next step in the right direction instead of all the hands free crap their moving toward. Gaming should always be done with a controller or a keyboard in my opinion.

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Ya to bad they dont sell them anymore. Im a little to skeptical about buying used controllers to fork over that kind of cash.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
If it was my guess he wouldnt do it because of the difficulty of the install but you never know.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
When you see what they can do and actually use all of the functions, then you realize it is a good deal. Of course everyone would want it for $150 just not going to happen Odin has to have a good profit cushion.