Umm...Problems.

I'm assuming you're talking about connecting it to your computer. Make sure you're turning it on the the Start button, then plugging it in to your computer.

odingalt

Staff member
Which controller do you own, is this the new macro controller or an old legacy controller?

Be sure you are using a fresh set of batteries as drained or dead batteries will not communicate with the USB. Check out these tutorial videos below, they will show you what a working set up should look like:

http://viking360.com/support/video-tutorials

odingalt

Staff member
It needs to have at least 3/4 or more charge, the problem with those battery packs is they only put out around 2.0 volts to 2.2 volts when they are drained... USB requires at least about 2.4 volts to work. Even a fully charged rechargeable only puts out around 2.6 V while real AA batteries that are charged put out around 3.0 volts (or even rechargeable AA's put out 2.8V-3.0V when charged)

Mziggy

Well does my laptop need drivers to reconginze the controlleR? if not can i order a new cable or get my controller repaired?

odingalt

Staff member
Where did you buy the controller? Do you have the name or transaction ID so I can try to look up your order details?

Mziggy

Whats wrong?

No play and c. cable will connect the controller to the computer...its not reconigzed by anything...

odingalt

Staff member
Re: Whats wrong?

Did you just buy this off craigslist or e-bay or something? Reason I am asking is 1.) is this your first time using the controller and 2.) did you buy this direct from Viking360 (you may be covered under warranty) or from a third party (you are not covered for sure).

odingalt

Staff member

Are you trying to use the new macro software? Which is not compatible with the legacy controllers?

Can you provide any more information? Right now you're not giving us a whole lot to go on... controllers don't typically just up and die a year later.

Mziggy

Well yeah, i cant even detect it in firmware updater....Can you link me to one for that?

Ben

So your trying to use the controller in the new software that ISN'T compatible with the legacy controllers (Thors Hammer, Odins Raven, Tyrs Hand)?

That's where your going wrong.. The new software is for the NEW controllers ONLY not any of the legacy's I'm afraid!

odingalt

Staff member

When you visit the http://www.viking360.com home page... under downloads you must click on LEGACY DRIVERS. These are the only drivers available for Legacy controllers, which include the Tyr's Hand, the Thor's Hammer, the Odin's Raven (basically anything purchased before 9/1/2010)

Mziggy

HELP

So i got it to still stay green when plugged in.. this is thors hammer, now how do i update it? how do i put it into that mode?

Mziggy

Re: HELP

Whenever i do the program mode with sync it goes into jus one green light for 2nd controller? DO i need new battries or what?