usb device not recognized

I was on my first run through of updating my hex early this morning.
I ran into problems right away with plugging the usb into computer first before holding down LB + RB but, after reading on forums I quickly moved onto the next part of the installation/update.
After loading the hex file and beginning the process I noticed that their was no movement in the bar for several minutes.
I noticed that the controller power was not on either. I turned the controller back on, and tried several other things to get the progress to continue.
Nothing worked so I unplugged the controller from the computer closed down the Utility program and tried to redo the installation from scratch.
Now I can plug the controller in and get the purple light to turn on solid, but no blinking.
When I switch the mini usb from the top of the controller to the secondary plugin near the battery pack the computer detects the controller, but gives me USB device no recognized and this is where I am currently.
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it been waiting so long to use this bad boy. I wasn't paying attention to the controller while it was being updated trying to get a basic rune set for CoD ready ><:

bonefisher

Did you first sync your controller to your console? if you just got your controller you most likely don't have the bug so these are the steps! you must be sync to your console! 2 shut the controller off 3 plug the usb to micro usb cable from the computer to your controller( the aftermarket usb port on the backside of the controller that viking installed). 4 start with the controller powered off. 5 To tell the modchip you want to connect to the computer, hold right bumper + left bumper and power up the controller. 6 The LED's should light up purple and start flashing and your controller should be detected by the Berserker Windows App.

Now if you have the bug controller! you right bumper +left bumper then plug in the usb to the front port. then power up the controller. you should have a solid purple light on....now unplug usb plug it back in the bottom usb...now you should be ready to load!

odingalt

Staff member
Talked to Norman and built and shipped a replacement unit until we can figure out what happened to this one.

odingalt

Staff member
Glad to hear it, sorry about the first unit :-( Glad you got the new one in time for this weekend!