Usb Memory Stick Help?

Okay So here's What I Done. I Want to go do some modding on mw2 name change/ clan tag and all that stuff but first my usb was all filled up with music and junk so and went put my usb into my laptop format it and it worked fine then I Went to go and configure it to my xbox360/note I Already configure it on my xbox360 to play music onto it so it was working perfect when the music was one there. Then this message pooped up saying; You device failed the data loss test and can't be configured. Please use a different device. So I like Was WTF :twisted: but anyways 8 to 12 fails later and formating more the 20x over I Finally gave up :cry: .

If Anyone could help me I would really applicate it :D

Fredrow

WetterThanWater said:
I'm fairly sure you're supposed to format it through your xbox 360.

In the OP, he said that he has been formatting his USB stick first..... Not formatting it for the Xbox 360 first....

Fredrow said:
What settings are you choosing when you are formatting the USB device through your laptop??

Okay So Here's the setting's Im Using For Format~ File system FAT32 [Default] Allocation Unit size Kilobytes 16 Capacity: 3.98GB

Fredrow

Try this setup:

File System:FAT (Default)
Allocation unit size:Default allocation size

Un-check the box that says fast format.

Another thing is to make sure you eject the USB-stick properly so it doesn't corrupt it.

Fredrow said:
Try this setup:

File System:FAT (Default)
Allocation unit size:Default allocation size

Un-check the box that says fast format.

Another thing is to make sure you eject the USB-stick properly so it doesn't corrupt it.
Nothing seem's to work??? if you could help me out that would be great using team viewer thanks ill post id and pass in pm

azagorath

try to format it on your xbox 360 not your pc. if it did not work this way then most likely the stick got damaged make sure the stick is not locked either

NYjetsNY1

azagorath said:
try to format it on your xbox 360 not your pc. if it did not work this way then most likely the stick got damaged make sure the stick is not locked either

I helped him, he formatted it on xbox then pc about 50 times... now the stick is ruined. I told him next stick, use just xbox to format.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
azagorath said:

I helped him, he formatted it on xbox then pc about 50 times... now the stick is ruined. I told him next stick, use just xbox to format.
that is strange.....i have three USB sticks that i format to and from my xbox to PC to other formats....what kind of USB stick was it?

Fredrow

My guess on this problem was a old USB stick....

Kids take note of this, USB sticks do not last forever.......