USB Programming Cable

Whyplaylegit

I got a just got my Ragnarok, but it didn't come with the USB programming cable. I have an Ipod shuffle cable, will that work..?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Ragnaroks dont come with the USB cables only macros come with the USB cables. The 3.5mm jack is used with the ragnarok firmware to reprogram the speeds on your controller. Thermal M16 has a great thread explaining all the speeds u want to program for BO2. U can also reprogram speeds on the fly but i wont get into explaining the whole process for its way to long to walk through.

Whyplaylegit

So will an Ipod shuffle usb -> 3.5mm jack work? because I cant buy one of the jacks from here because it says I have to spend $25 plus, and I only need the cable..

No it won't work, your ragnarok if you purchased it new should come with a white 3.5mm jack to USB Cable... If it did not, contact viking they will send you one, becuase it was a mistake

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

sorry I was wrong in my statment my bad. I was thinking PNC cable for some reason. The ragnaroks are supposed to come with the usb cable. If the Ipod shuffle has a 3.5 mm jack and it fits snug in all the way and has a usb end by all means it should work fine. Sorry for the missinformation. I dont know why I was thinking PNC. Macros come with PNC ragnaroks have usb 3.5 mm jack setup.

Whyplaylegit

Yeah I got it new, I made a ticket but they haven't responded yet :/
and is there a reason why the IPod Shuffle jack wont work? I dont want to try and put it in just because don't want to risk anything if there is no chance its going to work anyways..

I would not use it, just use the mods on the controller for now, ( my ragnarok is over a month old I'm still using preset speeds ).

odingalt the owner/founder/brain/studmuffin behind viking360 has posted before on here do not use iPod 3.5mm jacks or any other that looks like there 3.5mm jack.

i don't know why but I would believe him

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

it does have a hole on the bottom of it right?
Very true. Make sure that u did indeed by the usb programming ragnarok. If there isn't a 3.5mm jack hole in the bottom right then u just have the regular ragnarok. Its not a bad thing. It should have the latest firmware on it and u can always manually program the speed settings u want to use.

Whyplaylegit

Yes it does have the 3.5mm jack hole in it, and could someone link me someone where I can see how to manually program my speed?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Ok here is the quick tutorial of manual programming.

TAC+SYNC: turns on programing mod; P3 & P4 leds will flash.

Choose what mod u want to change speeds in: Whatever mod u want to change speeds on just tap the button that turns it on. EX. RT= rapid fire, X= fast reloads, RS= quickscops & RB= active reload. Remember whatever class your in is the one it will reprogram. So if your in class 5 of your RF thats what class the new speed will be under.

Once you choose the mod u want to change there will be 3 different led sequences for speed on rapid fires. 1st one in 10sps. Each flash will represent 10sps so if the led flashes 3 times thats 30sps. RT increases sps LT decreases sps. When u decide what speed u want tap the TAC button and u will advance to the next led flashes. The next leds represent single sps. If it blinks 2 times thats 2 sps so now u have a total of 32 sps. When u get that speed tap TAC again and u will be in the final led sequence. These leds represent 10ths of a secon. Say u tap the RT where the leds flash 7 times. Your final speed will be 32.7 sps. Tap the TAC button once more and it will exit programming mod.

U can find all the speed setting for BO2 in thermal M16s BO2 thread in the ragnarok section. Just choose the classes u want to reprogram your speeds in and follow these instructions and u should be fine. I may of left out a bunch of info but im just giving u the short of it because it would take a long detail dialoge that i dont want to spend the time to type out. I feel im giving u enough info to figure it out for yourself. Hope this helps u out.

Whyplaylegit

I got a quick question about the programming mode, if I make the speed I want, but I want to switch back to say rapid fire 3 (example) for a little, how can I get back to my programmed mode?

odingalt

Staff member
So will an Ipod shuffle usb -> 3.5mm jack work? because I cant buy one of the jacks from here because it says I have to spend $25 plus, and I only need the cable..

Only if it was designed for first gen shuffle (and possibly second gen shuffle). Later generation shuffle cables will not work.

ThermalM16

ragnaroks dont come with the usb cables only macros come with the usb cables. The 3.5mm jack is used with the ragnarok firmware to reprogram the speeds on your controller. Thermal m16 has a great thread explaining all the speeds u want to program for bo2. U can also reprogram speeds on the fly but i wont get into explaining the whole process for its way to long to walk through.
I feel special
icon11.png