Very lonely here???

odingalt

Staff member
Yup. PS4 is challenging, and flex PCB prototyping is expensive (about $2,000 for each try). To be honest what I need right now is some customers to buy Berserker so I can sink money back into the PS4 Berserker hardware R&D project.

Satanicat

If I had a Xbone I would buy a berserker for that console, but I only have my ps4 and pc, I use my 360 rag on my pc.

Another great thing about the DS4 controller is it works great on PC with the DS4Tool application. Should pair great with the PS4 Berserker!

odingalt

Staff member
Another great thing about the DS4 controller is it works great on PC with the DS4Tool application. Should pair great with the PS4 Berserker!

You can use a PS4 controller direct on a PC using the native Windows joypad utility. PS4 isn't like the PS3 that required hacking to get connected to a PC. :)

Boricua

i switch from the xbox to the PlayStation side again. I say again because last sony console i owned was the legendary ps2 lol. I prefer performance and graphics over entertainment features.

battlelog

You can use a PS4 controller direct on a PC using the native Windows joypad utility. PS4 isn't like the PS3 that required hacking to get connected to a PC. :)

Yeah I got that working, but the mods dont work to good like the ps3 rag or the 360 rag???? I was playing around with it last night and it kinda works, the spotting and auto run do work for BF4 but the firing mods are very funny. Sometimes they work and then sometimes they just dont, your gun stops firing when you ADS and if you fire from the hip sometimes it wont fire at all?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yeah I use my Macro controller on the PC every so often. I am now a PC gamer only but do miss my xbox days somewhat. Miss this forum too!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Yea want to get a ps4 myself! Hopefully if my new buisness does good I can buy one.

Side note: Nice to see ya MJ! Been some time now. Myself I'm not very active here mainly active in acid mods site now.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yea want to get a ps4 myself! Hopefully if my new buisness does good I can buy one.

Side note: Nice to see ya MJ! Been some time now. Myself I'm not very active here mainly active in acid mods site now.

Yeah nice to see you too man! I really have just been busy with that high school life (the fun and not so fun) so I really havent got the time to really be on. I am currently on spring break so might as well get something productive done.

bonefisher

PS4 is great for campaign playing with awesome graphics....hands down the winner there. Xbox One blows Ps4 out of the water for online play due to the servers. Ps4 is just now catching xbox 360 with there service.

Drastic

You'll find out the hard way then it's not cracked up to be for online players!
Yeah I bought a ps4 before watch dogs came out sold it 2 months ago... Party chat quality on ps4 is bad... I prefer the Xbox controller party system and exclusive games,( the ps4 isnt all that more powerful... Devs will get pairty.. Look at destiny) 2 say the least..... But that's just me! Happy modding everyone!

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I'm a bit of an XBOX fanboy I guess. The PS4 console sales statistics are a bit misleading - PS3 kicked XBOX 360's butt outside of North America. PS4 is kicking XBOX One's butt outside of North America, so nothing has changed. XBOX was always about the N. American market and nothing else. I still perfer the XBOX One controller and that's about the biggest reason I still play on XBOX One. I have a PS4 but it's collecting a lot of dust. The new PS4 controller is a huge improvement but the controller has quality issues. Sony has already revised their PS4 controller design three times due to problems with wireless bluetooth connectivity, chat headset issues, etc. My kids love the Kinect sensor for games. I am not in any way telling somebody not to buy PS4, just admitting that I was a bit biased going in (was already a fan of XBOX 360) and so I was sort of slated to like the XBOX One better.

Playstation has had a huge loyal following all over the globe, and the PS2 was far and above the best selling console of all time, ever. There's obviously some appeal to the PlayStation consoles that I am missing. Literally the thing that turned me off to PlayStation was that every single time I powered up my PS3 it had to take a huge system updated. I got so tired of it I stopped bothering to turn on my PS3 console. Have no idea why they couldn't configure it to just update itself over night when I wasn't looking. New PS4 just about has the same problem -- can somebody tell me if I can reconfigure my PS4 to update itself so I don't have to wait when I power it on?

PaulaTheKoala

I'm a bit of an XBOX fanboy I guess. The PS4 console sales statistics are a bit misleading - PS3 kicked XBOX 360's butt outside of North America. PS4 is kicking XBOX One's butt outside of North America, so nothing has changed. XBOX was always about the N. American market and nothing else. I still perfer the XBOX One controller and that's about the biggest reason I still play on XBOX One. I have a PS4 but it's collecting a lot of dust. The new PS4 controller is a huge improvement but the controller has quality issues. Sony has already revised their PS4 controller design three times due to problems with wireless bluetooth connectivity, chat headset issues, etc. My kids love the Kinect sensor for games. I am not in any way telling somebody not to buy PS4, just admitting that I was a bit biased going in (was already a fan of XBOX 360) and so I was sort of slated to like the XBOX One better.

Playstation has had a huge loyal following all over the globe, and the PS2 was far and above the best selling console of all time, ever. There's obviously some appeal to the PlayStation consoles that I am missing. Literally the thing that turned me off to PlayStation was that every single time I powered up my PS3 it had to take a huge system updated. I got so tired of it I stopped bothering to turn on my PS3 console. Have no idea why they couldn't configure it to just update itself over night when I wasn't looking. New PS4 just about has the same problem -- can somebody tell me if I can reconfigure my PS4 to update itself so I don't have to wait when I power it on?

If you are a PlayStation Plus member, you have the option to automatically download updates while the console is off (Not sure if this works for system updates), it shouldn't be a problem though since there aren't that many updates and when there are they generally download quickly (For me anyway). I myself used to play on Xbox (360), when the new consoles came out I knew that eventually the older ones would die off so I decided to switch sides and try out PS4, at first the controller seemed different and took time to get used to, it was lighter and I wasn't used to the analog stick being moved, but I got used to it quickly. The console isn't bad, the only thing I miss is the ability to appear offline and the option to be notified when friends come online.

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I got my ps4 about a month ago and I must say I'm actually lovin the ps4. Being engaged and never getting time to play sucks but it has changed my gaming prospective. I play a lot of RPG based games now (always have but now fps are kinda not my top priority). The ps4 fills my needs as far as this. Also the free games are a lot more enjoyable than what Xbox one offers. I still love my Xbox one but I play my ps4 a lot more than my xb1 now. Also love the ds4 controllers. After getting use to the feel I prefer them over the xb1 controllers. I can't help but not like the XB1 controllers. They feel flimsy and cheep compared to the 360 controllers. Just my opinion though.

odingalt

Staff member
Hey guys thanks for the constructive thoughts on this, it's nice to hear about ps4 vs xbox one without having a huge flamewar! :)