Video

Legacy

Is Anyone Willing to put a video in which they can go through the steps carefully i think i got it downpack but want to have a visual refference so it can be working at its best

IrishStyle

Would be a long video. At best the install video would be an hour long for a expert installer like odin or blackburn. That might be the reason. The install instructions are great and you should be able to get it done in a couple hours. Just make sure you read the instructions and have Flux for sure.

haVOC1787

I am working on a video atm. Have most of the video portion done except the chip part. Just got to edit and see if the quality is decent enough. I know black was going to work on one as well. so we shall see.

Fredrow

Legacy said:
Is Anyone Willing to put a video in which they can go through the steps carefully i think i got it downpack but want to have a visual refference so it can be working at its best

WOW..... I think that the tutorial is good enough for anyone to get this job done.

Legacy

it is but it leave me with some questions and a video will makesure im on track and didnt wander off

haVOC1787

Fredrow said:
Legacy said:

WOW..... I think that the tutorial is good enough for anyone to get this job done.

I am with you here, but some people have to start somewhere. Not everyone has been modding/soldering as much as we have.

Fredrow

haVOC1787 said:
Fredrow said:
Legacy said:
Is Anyone Willing to put a video in which they can go through the steps carefully i think i got it downpack but want to have a visual reference so it can be working at its best

I am with you here, but some people have to start somewhere. Not everyone has been modding/soldering as much as we have.

To be honest, I have only been soldering for about a year now. I have only been modding for maybe 8 months now. But I have been learning all of this at college....lol....... But still a video from the pictures that are already up??? Like if you cant get this done by looking at the pictures, "Then Houston we have a problem"...... Also if its the soldering you have trouble with, then I suggest that you watch a youtube video. Youtube has videos on everything, that is were I learned to cook....lol.......

haVOC1787

something I noticed in the forum tutorial is there are several highlighted places to solder for only one connection. ex is the right thumbstick. the tutorial is plenty enough for most but not everyone is electronic capable and might wish to learn. So for some of Them HOUSTON there is a problem. I like the attitude though fred.

Fredrow

I want people to know that what I said is not a shot at you. I am not here to make fun of other peoples
capability's at all...... All I'm really saying is that if you can't figure out how to install the Viking board just
from the pictures in the tutorial. Then I really don't think that a video is going to help you out more than
the in depth pictures that we already have.

Legacy

Ok you have modded like 10 controllers so it's easy for you but for some people this isin't easy now ok pictures only show what you have to solder but what about if you want to see how the person solders but its to much to ask I guess ill just leave the kit there 30 bucks dont bother me

Fredrow

Legacy said:
Ok you have modded like 10 controllers so it's easy for you but for some people this isin't easy now ok pictures only show what you have to solder but what about if you want to see how the person solders but its to much to ask I guess ill just leave the kit there 30 bucks dont bother me

Dude you don't have to get all up tight about it..... If you need to learn how to solder then I suggest watching a youtube video on soldering.

Blackburn

Yeah, im waiting for some more stuff to come in from viking, once it gets here, ill be making a "get to the point" video of an installation

odingalt

Staff member
Legacy I see what you're saying, I think what Black and Fred mean to say, is in their experience, a video won't help much even in the technique of soldering, it's more of something you just have to learn by practicing (and failing).

If you're looking for general technique on soldering videos, actually I would check out youtube, I've seen some there before. I learned drag soldering small outline IC's by watching youtube videos.

Black, Fred and I all learned by failing. If you love modding, then try the mod. If you're trying to save a buck over buying a mod service, it might cost you in the long run if the mod install fails /if the controller gets broken.