Viking 360 Video Tutorials

Bedfordx

Hey guys,

I am currently uploading two videos to my channel (both have 720p quality) and will take some time to upload and will be ready in about 1 hour from now (its 00:35 english GMT+1 time).
The two videos i am currently uploading are tutorials:

1.How to update your firmware

2.How to make a basic rapid fire script

They are both very high quality videos IMO... the only bad quality is the camera (because its a crap samsung camera which my video editing software didnt recognise so i had to convert the files hence losing more quality), however everything is clear enough to easily see whats going on. Most of the videos anyway are either from a screen capture device (records computor screen) or a Hauppauge HDPVR (records xbox screen). I hope they really do help people out with queeries so we don't get as many reposts of the same problem on the forums.

In the near future i plan to release many more tutorials!

The channel is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProBedford

(if the videos arn't up yet please be patient they are uploading as we speak) as i said the videos are high quality and will take time to upload. Thankyou
-Bedfordx

obo

Bedfordx said:
Hey guys,

I am currently uploading two videos to my channel (both have 720p quality) and will take some time to upload and will be ready in about 1 hour from now (its 00:35 english GMT+1 time).
The two videos i am currently uploading are tutorials:

1.How to update your firmware

2.How to make a basic rapid fire script

They are both very high quality videos IMO... the only bad quality is the camera (because its a crap samsung camera which my video editing software didnt recognise so i had to convert the files hence losing more quality), however everything is clear enough to easily see whats going on. Most of the videos anyway are either from a screen capture device (records computor screen) or a Hauppauge HDPVR (records xbox screen). I hope they really do help people out with queeries so we don't get as many reposts of the same problem on the forums.

In the near future i plan to release many more tutorials!

The channel is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProBedford

(if the videos arn't up yet please be patient they are uploading as we speak) as i said the videos are high quality and will take time to upload. Thankyou
-Bedfordx
i just watched the tutorial, and it was very well put together. Thanks for uploading this, i'm sure it will help out a lot of people who are having trouble!

NYjetsNY1

2 questions..
how do you set the rapid fire speed PERFECTLY. I see you drag the little ball - it seems a little difficult
I want to enter a specific rapid fire speed, say 27.40 .. how would i do this, drag the ball to 2.7 then do 10.00 multiplier? It seems odd

Also how does the serpent controller feel, smooth? Or slippery? or good, bad?

NYjetsNY1

just to clarify my own question:
It seems that there is a bug with the timeline multiplier. I had it tested out nice last week, but in yesterday's release the developer screwed up a conversion to a floating point

So it seems you'll be stuck with using the timeline editor for now and having to re-draw the dots to get different speeds... will be fixing this as soon as possible.

So for now, dragging dots only. Soon there will be more features, LED colors, more pages, better macros, better speed settings.

odingalt

Staff member
There is definitely a bug with the timeline multiplier, I sent a test firmware to VikingDude and it's much improved, I'm testing VERY CAREFULLY and implementing some other bug fixes, I've released to many bug fixes in the last week I think I've created a lot of confusion, so I'm taking my time, if anybody that is tech savvy and having troubles with timeline multiplier not working properly, drop me a PM and I can e-mail you the test firmware I have right now.

I don't want to post it publicly and confuse everybody. Thanks

KIL0 iRecon

great job with the tutorial videos... i can't wait to get my controller on monday and test it out. by the way, can i have your wallpaper? lol thats pretty sick looking

Bedfordx

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the positive feedback, i'll be definatley be making more tutorials which will hopefully help alot of people out. A few of you have really liked the wallpaper i made, so heres the link to the Topic on the forums with 3 viking 360 wallpapers i made:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1882

My favourite wallpaper is the one in the video and thats on the 2nd page of the thread i created.

Have a nice day!
-Bedfordx