Viking Forge Software Bug Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefisher

ive been hsving weird things happen on the older firmware even, ive my chat turn off and back on, screeching then a power off, random movements like strafes and spazzy look arounds.
Xbox is doing all that not the firmware or the controller and the random movements was fixed in a update on a firmware while back.

odingalt

Staff member
BONE- Battlefield 4 rune pack! On the first page I put an Auto Spot on a tac which works fine. On the second page I put same Auto Spot on the RB which I always put there before update now shuts off after a second or so. I put in a flashing green light so you know it is on. Also last night didn't even was running anything but a rapid fire and I had it on the table not touching it while looking at some runes heard the RB flash up on the screen..

Ok I got a copy of this into my private runepack area so you can do what you'd like with the original.

Drastic

on my rune pack for some reason. when i reboot to my controller it'll load to page 2 not page 1. i have a total of 3 pages. i just find it odd.
page one is blue page two is green and page 3 is red

toggle page forward HOLD UP on D-PAD and A button
toggle page backwards HOLD Down on D-PAD and A button

Attachments

• cModders - CoD, Halo & BF.vrp
    252.9 KB · Views: 3

odingalt

Staff member
BONE- Battlefield 4 rune pack! On the first page I put an Auto Spot on a tac which works fine. On the second page I put same Auto Spot on the RB which I always put there before update now shuts off after a second or so. I put in a flashing green light so you know it is on. Also last night didn't even was running anything but a rapid fire and I had it on the table not touching it while looking at some runes heard the RB flash up on the screen..

bonefisher. Two bug fixes for you in "PUBLIC-BETA-Berserker-Firmware-2-8-2015-001.hex". The .hex was added to the first post in this thread.

-Solves issue with autospot randomly shutting off.
-Creates two different sensitivity levels for joysticks: one level used for recording (more sensitive), and a second level used to "trigger" the playback of a rune (less sensitive). (You referred to this as the "bleed through" problem by p.m.)

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
on my rune pack for some reason. when i reboot to my controller it'll load to page 2 not page 1. i have a total of 3 pages. i just find it odd.

Hi Drastic; I looked into the raw .VRP and it is indeed set to default to Page 2 after you flash the controller and power up for the first time. (once you change pages and power off it saves it like it should, it's just that the default page set from within the Forge is set to page 2). I'm not sure how this happened however. Odd question, have you used this particular runepack to record and then retrieve runes?

odingalt

Staff member
Something definitely going on somewhere. While playing BF4 something would shut my rapid fire off for a split second while I was shooting someone and end up dead. IDK! I'll mess with it tomorrow some more. If you find anything Odin let me know.

This should be addressed in the 2-8-2015 public beta. This was most likely related to the same bug that was causing your autospot to randomly shut itself off on your BF4 rune pack.

bonefisher

Hi Drastic; I looked into the raw .VRP and it is indeed set to default to Page 2 after you flash the controller and power up for the first time. (once you change pages and power off it saves it like it should, it's just that the default page set from within the Forge is set to page 2). I'm not sure how this happened however. Odd question, have you used this particular runepack to record and then retrieve runes?
I have been finding out if you have multiple pages and your changing things and say you save on page 4 and back out then go download you'll get page 3 popping up when you turn on controller first. Also when scrolling thru it is slow til you scroll thru all pages then it will act normal.

odingalt

Staff member
I have been finding out if you have multiple pages and your changing things and say you save on page 4 and back out then go download you'll get page 3 popping up when you turn on controller first. Also when scrolling thru it is slow til you scroll thru all pages then it will act normal.

Ok, I tried saving the pack when on page 2. Maybe the formula is "page you were on when you saved minus 1" and that is the default page. Will do some more testing tonight.

Drastic

i have not used the pack to retrieve recorded runes, i have put recorded runes on this pack for halo :D
im guessing it would be fixed if i completely wipe the rune pack and re set everything. just something i've noticed not a huge deal! i love the record feature! i think its more accurate than the macro recordings!

bonefisher

bonefisher. Two bug fixes for you in "PUBLIC-BETA-Berserker-Firmware-2-8-2015-001.hex". The .hex was added to the first post in this thread.

-Solves issue with autospot randomly shutting off.
-Creates two different sensitivity levels for joysticks: one level used for recording (more sensitive), and a second level used to "trigger" the playback of a rune (less sensitive). (You referred to this as the "bleed through" problem by p.m.)
Have not checked the auto spot out yet but that is next. Checked out the bleed through of the auto run and it is still doing it when I use left or right. Also since your in the sensitive side of things on the sticks is there a way to make the rune activate when you engage 90 percent of the stick? Other words if I want to walk with the stick 3/4 pressed and then go full to activate the auto run. I think this would be good to put in if you can. This goes for all sides on the left stick.

bonefisher

Ok found the problem... Had that auto run on LOOP TIL SECOND PRESS, THEN PLAY ONCE MORE. Which I never use that unless I build it for the left click. MY BAD! Still hope you can adjust the sensitive on the sticks to 90 percent to activate. Sorry for driven you crazy on that one. I sent you a vid on my new ARX-160 Jitter. How you like that one?

Drastic

I'm Still having this problem oddly enough... completely new rune pack as well. lol

bonefisher

I'm Still having this problem oddly enough... completely new rune pack as well. lol
If you save when building a rune pack on page 3 it will set back one by default when you have loaded on the controller. Also if you have several pages it is good that you cycle through all the pages it will be slow the first time until you cycle then it will respond quick...

odingalt

Staff member
This was rolled to production.

Greetings Berserker customers;

We have some news regarding the XBOX One Berserker. We have had an on-going public beta test of new software for the Berserker going since January. This software is being officially released.

To download the new software for Windows, follow this link: http://www.viking360.com/downloads/xbox-one/berserker/Berserker-Windows-App-4-13-2015.zip

For Mac OSX users, follow this link: http://www.viking360.com/downloads/xbox-one/berserker/Berserker-OSX-App-4-13-2015.zip

If you haven't been participating in the on-going public beta, then you should be pleased with all of the new features available once you download the new version of the software. (Be sure to download the App for Windows or MacOS, connect your controller, and take the new firmware update if you haven't already):

• Added MacOS support (OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later)
  • Added rune recording and retrieval
  • Automatically update your firmware over the internet from within the App
  • Ability to load runepacks over the internet from your Private Forge
  • On runepack editing screen, now able to choose which button will record a rune and which button will play back the rune after its been recorded
  • On rune editing screen, added fast scroll buttons (to navigate around your rune faster)
  • All users can now set a runepack to be publicly viewable by clicking the globe icon
  • Various bug fixes to the timeline editor screen
  • Added a reboot button - no longer need to remove your batteries when done programming your controller
  • Loading of runepacks is significantly faster now (program/verify routine was optimized)
  • Optional Drag-and-drop programming - drag and drop any runepack or firmware update file onto the app to program your controller
  • Now displays firmware version ("Fw: x"). For troubleshooting, reports what version firmware your controller is running
  • Ability to "sync" recordings (retrieves recorded runes off your controller, and imports them directly into your Private Forge)
  • Shared packs get their own page, which can include a video or image (editable via details/description popup)
We know this has been a long overdue update. This software update release is a major milestone for the Berserker. We hope that this update encourages you to get your Berserker out of storage, dust it off, and have some fun. We are committed to making more improvements to Berserker in the future, and look forward to hearing your feedback on this latest update.

Regards,

The Viking Staff

Freyja

Staff member
Bone, was the problem with the rune recording feature or somewhere within the download its self?

bonefisher

Bone, was the problem with the rune recording feature or somewhere within the download its self?
When I was trying to install firmware....once it was done and hit reboot just received two purple lights and couldn't use controller. Tried it a few times with same results so I just put old one back for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.