viking hex editor not working

ronnie09

tried downloading on 2 diff pcs doesnt work reads as corrupt anywhere else i can get the link to the program which works really want to try my own speeds thanks

Fredrow

ronnie09 said:
tried downloading on 2 diff pcs doesnt work reads as corrupt anywhere else i can get the link to the program which works really want to try my own speeds thanks

Did you make sure your version of Windows is updated with the most recent .NET FRAMEWORK

odingalt

Staff member
Maybe you could post the link, because I don't see how we can help if we don't konw what file you are download...

apcoop7

odingalt said:
Maybe you could post the link, because I don't see how we can help if we don't konw what file you are download...

Odin I think you might be able to post a message for only brand new users of this forum saying "Please make sure your message is completely accurate with full detail, please search around the forum before posting, try reviewing our FAQ" etc....

I think this might really help with all the repeated posts and help keep the forum clean. :D

fathersin

Mine reads corrupt as well I downloaded it here http://vikingforums.com/download/file.php?id=149&sid=5c294e42919d93e5ae2419277da5e6ea

I have the .net 4 framework installed got it from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en
the message I get is this
My OS is Vista 32 bit
Code:
!   C:\Users\Desktop\Viking HEX Editor v0.82.rar: The file "???" header is corrupt
!   C:\Users\Desktop\Viking HEX Editor v0.82.rar: The file "???" header is corrupt
!   C:\Users\Desktop\Viking HEX Editor v0.82.rar: No files to extract

ronnie09

i have the latest framework what father sin posted is excatly what mine says when i try to get the file

also like i mentioned i tried it on 2 comnputers one xp one win 7 none work and for who ever said read the faq for new members well im not a new member lol

and as far as im aware there is only one hex file editor u can download as the old ones were removed ?

is anyone willing to repost it

cheers

modded matt

I believe this is the newest one with noscope. it is the one with noscope. this is a zip file, you must extract all to a common uncompressed file folder, and then open the application.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1414

the link you provided is directly to a download, please post the forum topic you got this link from so we can fix or remove it, your link is definatly bad.

odingalt

Staff member
fathersin said:
Mine reads corrupt as well I downloaded it here http://vikingforums.com/download/file.php?id=149&sid=5c294e42919d93e5ae2419277da5e6ea

I have the .net 4 framework installed got it from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en
the message I get is this
My OS is Vista 32 bit
Code:
!   C:\Users\Desktop\Viking HEX Editor v0.82.rar: No files to extract

The link you posted is to an old and outdated version of the hex editor. I'm glad the link is broken.

fathersin

I believe this is the newest one with noscope. it is the one with noscope. this is a zip file, you must extract all to a common uncompressed file folder, and then open the application.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1414

the link you provided is directly to a download, please post the forum topic you got this link from so we can fix or remove it, your link is definatly bad.
Here
http://vikingforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=952&sid=e373e1ed07e64fe5aed801c82db4ccdf
I have downloaded from the link you gave me labeled noscope but, I'm unable to edit anything because there is only options to do so for thors hammer and odins raven.

I have tried to make a custom mode using either setting and then load it up but, they don't work of course is there a editor version that will work for the tyr's hand?

fathersin

My problem is I can't even try cause there is no option for Tyr. I don't know why my board on my controller would make any diffrence whatsoever I still get the same mod chip as other tyr's what about my board would make the hardware installed not work with the software made for it?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
No, odingalt said it won't work for matrix board tyr's hands. Go ahead and try, but I'm pretty sure it won't work. A CG or CG2 tyr's had is basicaly a thors hammer with less buttons conected though.

fathersin

I have tried making a very simple setting not doing anything but left and right triggers but, the hex failes to verify. I then read device which will then verify but, after I reset device and unplug from computer led 4 or 3 won't turn on at all only led 1 is lit and using the tac switch plus any combinations does nothing.

Some other things have been bothering me and I think its all connected like my settings always reset after I turn off controller. I must then go back to settings I had made the day before which is not a big thing but I remember watching the vidio for the controller and hearing him say after you have set controller once it will be set the same way the next time or was I imagining that.

apcoop7

fathersin said:
I have tried making a very simple setting not doing anything but left and right triggers but, the hex failes to verify. I then read device which will then verify but, after I reset device and unplug from computer led 4 or 3 won't turn on at all only led 1 is lit and using the tac switch plus any combinations does nothing.

Some other things have been bothering me and I think its all connected like my settings always reset after I turn off controller. I must then go back to settings I had made the day before which is not a big thing but I remember watching the vidio for the controller and hearing him say after you have set controller once it will be set the same way the next time or was I imagining that.

No as long as your controller is on, and you don't turn it off, it will remember your settings. If you turn the mod off, it will remember your settings. If you turn your controller off it erases the memory. Think of it like you can put your computer into sleep mode with any programs running and it will remember your settings, but when your computer is turned off instantly, all your settings or unsaved work is lost. If I'm not mistaken it acts like a ram chip; the memory is volatile. What I don't understand is why you bought a Tyr's Hand controller when you want to program your controller with a custom hex.

fathersin

What I don't understand is why you bought a Tyr's Hand controller when you want to program your controller with a custom hex.
All I want to do is make a custom speed for halo reach nothing tricky and it is my first modded controller it is supposed to be for beginners which is what I am.

I do have a hori turbo controller but, it doesn't work for alot of games. I did alot of shopping around some key things that brought me to viking 360 was the last controller you'll ever need with software to change or modify your settings.

All I want to do is make my own hex and test it out.

My number one reason for doing this is currently my controller has some kinda ghost clicking going on for Reach and after msging some people on the boards they said they had similiar problems on other games and had to remove certain settings from the all-in-one drivers.

Other reasons are currently none of the all in one settings work for halo reach's turrets, needler, assault rifle, and other weapons that are fully automatic already.

To turn turbo off I must click my left trigger plus tac switch which throws a grenade sometimes 2 which sucks. Which brings me to another reason to have custom hex.

Setting it so clicking the tac switch turns off turbo instead of lefttrigger+tac switch. God this would be soo much nicer.

Sorry for the rant I'm a little frustrated right now I had been planning my attack on Reach to be a smooth ride of fun and enjoyment. It just hasn't been.

odingalt

Staff member
fathersin said:
My problem is I can't even try cause there is no option for Tyr. I don't know why my board on my controller would make any diffrence whatsoever I still get the same mod chip as other tyr's what about my board would make the hardware installed not work with the software made for it?

Tyr's Hand is physically wired differently than the Thor's Hammer. It's only a ten-wire install, while Thor's Hammer and Odin's ravens are almost 20-wire installs. Tyr's Hand isn't wired up to the x,y,b,a buttons, the bumpers, or the thumbsticks. It's just plain old fashioned dual-trigger rapidfire. So it didn't make sense to go through all the work of including it in the custom hex editor, because we would have had to write a bunch of exceptions into the software, since nearly all of the custom features do not work on the Tyr's Hand.

fathersin

Odingalt not sure if this would take alot of time but could you write a quick driver for tyr's hand that is made for halo reach? Something that doesn't use left trigger + tack switch to turn turbo on and off left trigger is the grenade button by default.

odingalt

Staff member
If I wrote a custom driver for every customer, I'd have to write about 3,500 of them, because that's how many customers we have :D