WARRANTY?

Ben

95% sure they are offering the same warranty as the old legacy controller which was a 90-day warranty.

odingalt

Staff member
90 day covers any defects in the modchip, installation and any manufacturing defect in the controller.

Does not cover customer abuse, popcorn/soda pop, tampering with your controller (read: shell swapping) or other miscellaneous stuff that is not a failure of our modchip, modchip installation (Wiring/tac switches/etc.) or a general failure of the circuit board (again not caused by tampering/soda spills/etc.)

99% of problems with a controller are discovered within the first week of receiving it, we do get a few rare returns about 2-6 weeks after... most returns after that are from customers who couldn't keep themselves from tampering with the controller...

odingalt said:
90 day covers any defects in the modchip, installation and any manufacturing defect in the controller.

Does not cover customer abuse, popcorn/soda pop, tampering with your controller (read: shell swapping) or other miscellaneous stuff that is not a failure of our modchip, modchip installation (Wiring/tac switches/etc.) or a general failure of the circuit board (again not caused by tampering/soda spills/etc.)

99% of problems with a controller are discovered within the first week of receiving it, we do get a few rare returns about 2-6 weeks after... most returns after that are from customers who couldn't keep themselves from tampering with the controller...
Oh okay. Yeah I'm not going to mess with it. I'm just hoping that it's durable and lasts a long time if not abused.

odingalt

Staff member
This design should prove to be more reliable than the old design because we no longer have to connect little wires directly into the copper circuit traces of the circuit board anymore. There is still some soldering involved, but its all to larger connection points, ie for the tac switches, usb port, and tricolor led board.

So I guess whatever opinion is out there on the legacy controllers, we should see a better opinion of this design.