What head sets you guy have?

I got Trittions Pro+5.1 headset

And you guys having any problems at all with using your headset with the Macro?

My headset does not work at 100% at all with using the Evil crap!

RamboMods

I've had astro A40s fo a year and I love them :)
I'm just trying to build a custom scuf gaming macro controller and then my setup is complete!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Turtle beach PX5. They work wonderful till someone turns the microwave on lol then it just crackles.

Last edited:

Wolfie

What about Triton series? Was looking at them as a possibility. Have never used any but the stock (not-so)cheap Microsoft ones. Rarely use them but finding them usefull more and more.

JIM WALKER

I have the Tritton axpro 1.5 and the new Tritton pro+.... also have the Tritton warheads (100% wireless) and the Tritton Primer wireless (uses a chat cable) Tritton detonator and the Tritton Trigger.... all of them work perfectly with the macro controller.... btw... I don't buy them, Tritton send them to me to test and review pre release and I get to keep them !!!!!!!!!!!

Rob0tHD

My asros are like a year old, the headset has been awesome, but I'm on my third mixamp pro..., hopefully third times a charm :).
I heard Triton is a good brand as well :)

Wolfie

Joe,

Interested in the ones that hook to the controller. Not really wanting to run wires from the console. Which Tritten would you recomment for a decent price and reasonable performance. I don't need a hard core set, just something I can hook up when the need arises. As I said, I only ever used the MS ones but they aren't very comfortable.

JIM WALKER

Wolfie...I assume your asking me ( Jim ) that question..... Tritton dont do a direct connect to controller headset,but the Primer headset has a base unit that connects to the console and the headset is wireless,you then connect a chat cable to the controller to talk to friends...they are not hardcore but not cheap either....use this link and take a look, ( might find them cheaper from other outlets ).....http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5306&idCategory=317

Wolfie

Yes Jim. I meant to address it to you but had just spoken with a Joe on the phone. Brain fart + cross circuit == Moron on the KB.

Guess I would have to look to see if its possible to hook them up. I run HDMI from the xbox to my plasma. I then backfeed audio from it to my amp via optical cable so the amp plays whatever HDMI feed I am watching. I don't believe at any point I am at RCA analog line level audio, at least not for the XBOX. I run RCA on a PC Media center box but optical on everything else (ReplayTV, DVD etc).

Got any insights on which model might fit that layout?

JIM WALKER

tritton pro+ or older version axpro 1.5....both are true 5.1 surround sound, 4 speakers each earcup and each are adjustable for balance via the inline controller ( front - centre - rear and sub )....plus many other features....awesome headset for the serious gamer...two problems though from your original question,they are wired and they cost a lot more ( $150 to $170 ) ....also,in the usa there is no pc cable included ( buy seperately ).... but I do believe that the primer is a very good upper level starter headset,and they will run with that setup of yours,btw,chat will not be available on pc,whereas it is with the pro series......

JIM WALKER

the ultimate wireless headset is the Tritton warhead,100% wireless,not even a chat cable needed...built for the xbox but will work on the pc but audio only...runs with 7.1 simulated surround sound but is configured so well it sounds like true surround sound...built in rechargable ni cam battery,2nd battery charging in the base station,film,game and music settings....ALL controls on the headset,plus plus plus..... NO WIRES AT ALL !!!!!! built for the ultimate serious gamer,transmits at 5.8 ghz so zero interference.....check them out ( rich price tag though but worth it ) http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5519&idCategory=317 OR .... back to the Primer .....

modded matt

dont need them, buy a bad a** surround system capable of true Dolby surround and a normal microsoft wireless headset. This is your best option. LOL when a granade goes off near me, my neighbors hear it. LOL

Wolfie

Rofl! Got that. Denon receiver with full dolby surround deoder. Klipche speaker system. Dual Cerwin-Vega active 650w 18" subwoofers. Lets just go with my home theater system costs more than many people's new car. When I was playing Bad Company, a tank round literally knocked some plates off my living room wall.

So, I got the "bad ***" home theater stuff covered. What I want is headphones to use for later at night so I don't disturb the granddaugters nor OL when they are sleeping. Yea, sure, I could just roll with the current system and sleep on the couch when the grenades go off all night or just one too many times. Also, doesn't the mic pick up the game noise or is there software the eliminates known game sound?

That out of the way....

I don;t care about the chat cable, its cool and not strung across the room. I am ok with that wire. Having wireless game audio so no wires between the headset and the entertainment console is what I want. I also need it to have optical input with a feed through as I am not at analog RCA at anywhere in my audio chain.

The warhead looks heavy. Will dig into the specs. Runtime on the battery?