Where to Install the 3.5mm Jack?

mlongo3

Hey guys, Sorry for a lot of topics I post up, but I was wondering what spot would be the best place to actually place the 3.5mm jack. I have placed it ALL around all my other controllers but I just want to know which spot is the "professional" spot to put it. Because on the my other controllers I had it in the Bottom Mic piece plate, in actually one of the holes for the screws (removed the plastic and just made the hole bigger) and right in the middle of the buttons (a,b,x,y). So I just need to know where exactly would be a good spot to put one.

Thanks, Mlongo3

Fredrow

Aight well this is where we used to install the 3.5mm jack.

SUpHO.jpg

But I do believe that it was a different size jack than the one you are using, but can't be 100% positive about it.

Can you please post a pic of the jack you are using?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mlongo3

Aight well this is where we used to install the 3.5mm jack.

SUpHO.jpg

But I do believe that it was a different size jack than the one you are using, but can't be 100% positive about it.

Can you please post a pic of the jack you are using?

Thanks!!

photo.jpg

This is the size of the 3.5mm jack compared to the controller (my duo). Do you think it will fit in that spot, and by any chance do you know what size bit you use for drilling the hole, I've seemed to have lost all my drill brits, I have to buy new ones :/

But Thanks :D

Fredrow

The jacks that we used before, I believe I used a 15/64 bit.....

But before you drill just make sure the head of the jack is the same size as that drill bit...

Also another helpful hint for ya, when you wire up the jack, to make things easy for you run the ground wire from the jack to your ground pin on one of the tact switches. Makes it was easier
because then you only have to worry about (2) wires from the bottom shell to the controllers PCB (were the Viking board is) instead of three wires... Make sense??

mlongo3

The jacks that we used before, I believe I used a 15/64 bit.....

But before you drill just make sure the head of the jack is the same size as that drill bit...

Also another helpful hint for ya, when you wire up the jack, to make things easy for you run the ground wire from the jack to your ground pin on one of the tact switches. Makes it was easier
because then you only have to worry about (2) wires from the bottom shell to the controllers PCB (were the Viking board is) instead of three wires... Make sense??

Ohh yea thanks! I got the thing all sorted out yesterday, and I did do the wire to the right tact switches ground prong! Funny thing is that I actually thought of that before you even posted it!! lmao

"Two great minds think a like" lol.

But Thanks For your help man, really appreciate it!