WHICH ONE TO BUY?

UNCHAINED

Hi all! Just debating on which controller to buy? Don't they all take the downloads? If so, what's really the difference? My personal needs are as follows: all Jitters, no left switch for holding breath when sniping, adjustable rapid fire speeds, 3 round & 5 round burst options, NO little switches/buttons on back of controller, & fast reload. Not sure if all these are even possible in one controller. Any help is appreciated! THANKS! :D

Ben

Odin's Raven
2 added buttons (Tact switches) on the back of the controller for switching modes.
This is the top model and well worth the money

Thor's Hammer
No added buttons, uses sync to change modes. This is ideal if you want all the feature's
of the Raven but not for the extra cost!

Tyr's Hand
No added buttons, uses sync to change modes, however it only has the
triggers wired up so does can not have as many features as the other 2. This
is perfect if you primarily just want a rapidfire controller that will never not
work due to patches, it can be easily updated via you PC with the latest preset!

UNCHAINED

Thanks Ben. So Thor does everything Raven does without the switches in back? And, does it do all of the things i listed?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The thors hammer does everything on your list. I don't really get the no switch for holding breath part, but regardless of wether you want the controller to hold your breath automaticaly when you pull the left trigger or not it's possible. You can turn it on and off.

UNCHAINED

GREAT! Thanks Ben and Thanks Ps3!
Yes that is what i was referring to. The mode that allows you to hold the left trigger and it holds your breath rather than clicking a stick to do it. Thanks again!

obo

hey, first off, are you buying from here, or are you doing a send in with fredrow at east seattle electronics?

cuz i know that fredrow knows how to put a tacticle switch up at the top of the controller, so you dont have to use the sync button to switch modes. Trust me on this, it becomes a HUGE pain in the ass when your controller constantly syncs up with your xbox.

or if you wanted super fast mode switching and turning on and off, he also can install your tacticle switches at the top of the controller, so you dont have to feel them while playing.

Just from personal opinion though, the switches on the back may seem like they would get in the way. But they're worth it. Every penny of it.

UNCHAINED

Hey Ben thanks for the sticky and all the details.

To Obo, yes i would definitely buy from here. So when you say "becomes a HUGE pain in the butt when your controller constantly syncs up with your xbox" is this everytime you turn the Mod on with the sync button and/or switch modes? Do you ever have to hit the sync button on the front of the console? So are the spirit lights & console lights constantly blinking like they do when trying to sync?

I guess the question i should have asked in the beginning is this; when you get the controller do you turn everything on and everything is always worrking? Rapid fire, jitter, L-trig snipe, fast reload, etc. All at once. Or do you have to switch modes every time you switch classes? ie; can i switch from my sniper rifle to an M16, without pressing any buttons, and the M16 has the jitter working immediately?

I like the idea of having the tac switshes at the top or just somewhere i CAN'T feel them all the time but i wouldn't want to send the controller anywhere.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

Ben

UNCHAINED said:
Hey Ben thanks for the sticky and all the details.

To Obo, yes i would definitely buy from here. So when you say "becomes a HUGE pain in the butt when your controller constantly syncs up with your xbox" is this everytime you turn the Mod on with the sync button and/or switch modes? Do you ever have to hit the sync button on the front of the console? So are the spirit lights & console lights constantly blinking like they do when trying to sync?

I guess the question i should have asked in the beginning is this; when you get the controller do you turn everything on and everything is always worrking? Rapid fire, jitter, L-trig snipe, fast reload, etc. All at once. Or do you have to switch modes every time you switch classes? ie; can i switch from my sniper rifle to an M16, without pressing any buttons, and the M16 has the jitter working immediately?

I like the idea of having the tac switshes at the top or just somewhere i CAN'T feel them all the time but i wouldn't want to send the controller anywhere.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

If you do go for the Hammer, it only ever starts to sync if you start to go through the modes too quick, and then all you have to do is hold the sync to stop it syncing and then just carry on with your game. The bottom 2 LEDs are dedicated to the mod and only flash in the mode selection process otherwise they will just stay on if a mod is on, or off if the mod is off.

Everything will work, as long as though modes are in the preset you have loaded into the controller, you can only use 2 different modes at the same time.

I have my tact's on the back and cant feel them :/

Sorry my explanation is so lame, I'm really not with it today! haa

UNCHAINED

Thanks Ben.
RE:2 modes at the same time:
After watching some videos it looks like if your Jitter mode is on you can't have rapid fire on as well to eliminate any button(tac switch) pressing. So, if you turn on the rapid fire mode for the "FAL" then switch to the "M16" you have to switch on the Jitter mode if that's the mode you prefer for the M16. Correct? This is probably why the tac switches come in handy, you can switch to the jitter for the M16 with one press of the tac switch. Correct?

So the next part of this is, would you also have to switch (hit a tac switch or use sync button) to change into the L-trig (hold breath automatically) sniper mode? If i want to use fast reload constantly i can keep it on, but to use the other 3 (jitter, rapid, sniper) i have to hit a tac switch every time i change classes. Is this correct?

Ben, it would seem like i would be hitting those switches on the back accidentally quite a bit and changing modes when i didn't want to change modes. How do you prevent that? Or is there a combo with the tac switches?