Will someone from support respond to me PLEASE!

Badfish

I bought two ps4 ragnarok controllers last year for my kids. They worked great and I left a great review on your website. A few weeks later they started having problems. I paid for shipping to send them back and you fixed them and I was still a happy customer. I understand mistakes happen. I am having issues with both controllers again doing random combos and lights all illuminating for no reason they are unusable and have been trying to get in touch with support since March. I would really appreciate some help here.

Badfish

Also I noticed all my previous posts are gone. I donated to the site also so any help would be appreciated

odingalt

Staff member
We see that the "Badfish" user registered in May 2014, but the first posts logged to your account were today. Are you sure you didn't post under a different user name?

We only see one purchase in the order system under your last name - did you purchase the second controller under a different name?

Here's what we have records for. May 16th, 2014, customer purchased an XBOX One Ragnarok controller with wood grain shell was purchased $129.90.

Helpdesk ticket #WIC-82690. Ticket was started on May 22nd, 2014 and closed on June 1st, 2014. FedEx gave conflicting information regarding tracking of the controller when it was shipped, but it ultimately arrived May 23rd. Customer reported issue with left trigger sticking when pressed. Customer asked for expedited repair of the problem, our support staff asked for more money for shipping to return the controller to you faster. (I was not aware of this and this is not our policy - especially when a controller arrives with a problem from day 1. Our staff should have offered FedEx 2-day shipping on this, at Viking's cost). Repaired controller arrived at customer on May 30th, customer reported that left trigger rubs when pressed. This particular hydro dip shell is an aftermarket Chinese version, customer offered sending in an OEM shell with controller to have the OEM shell installed on the controller. Last ticket correspondence was June 1st, 2014. It doesn't appear controller was returned.

Helpdesk ticket #STL-78230. Ticket was started October 16th, 2014 and closed on December 1st, 2014. Customer expressed interest in changing from XBOX One to PS4 instead. Support staff offered exchanging the XBOX One wood grain Ragnarok for a plain black PS4 Ragnarok. Customer countered with offer: customer would ship XBOX One Ragnarok, plus 2 un-modded PS4 controllers, Viking would keep the XBOX One Ragnarok, mod the two PS4 controllers and return them to the customer. Staff countered with exchanging for one PS4 Ragnarok with custom thumbsticks and/or buttons. Customer agreed and ultimately returned XBOX One Ragnarok, and two white PS4 controllers (one for free modding service and the second for a paid send-in modding service). Support ended up quoting $25 for the second send-in service but as far as I can tell customer paid for all the shipping. Ticket closed on December 1st with tracking information.

Helpdesk ticket #TFU-28476. Ticket was started April 18th, 2015 and closed April 20th, 2015. Staff asked for more information, customer described that controller is acting crazy. Staff replied with the usual return instructions. Last reply was April 20th with staff sending standard return instructions, ticket ultimately expired and closed.

Helpdesk ticket #USD-50327 (yesterday opened at 5:30PM but unfortunately our shop was already closed for the weekend, so nobody would be around to reply until Monday). Staff haven't replied yet. Customer says: "I have tried to contact you multiple times about the problems I have had with my two white ps4 controllers. You have already fixed them once and after multiple attempts to contact you I have never received a response. These were my kids gifts. Please reply!" and also "Please reply I have been trying for months to get in touch with you and I sold my evil controller to buy yours and Im not getting any support. My kids controllers are useless now. They have been bugging me about it forever!!!".

Ok, sorry for the lengthy recap. Since I wasn't involved with these exchanges I wanted to go all the way back and try to get a recap of everything that's happened since you first purchased with us. One thing that I am missing is any correspondence from April 20th up until September 11th. On April 20th our staff wrote "We would be happy to diagnose the controller at our shop and make the necessary repairs to return it to working condition. You are still covered under warranty. Please ship your controller to our shop address below....", but as far as I can tell we never received a response nor received the controllers to repair after that? Did you contact us under any other different names or maybe a different e-mail address between April and September?

odingalt

Staff member
Here's my shorter recap let me know if anything here is inaccurate:

-Original an XBOX One Wood Grain Ragnarok arrived at customer on May 23 2014, had jamming left trigger, customer paid to ship it back to Viking.
-Viking charged extra to expedite return shipping on the repair (to get it back to customer in time for the weekend), repair was shipped and arrived at customer on May 30 , 2014. Customer reported left trigger rubbing problem. Correspondence stopped and controller was not returned at this time.
-New ticket was opened up by customer on October 16th, staff and customer negotiated an exchange. Customer returned the XBOX One Ragnarok. Customer shipped two white PS4 controllers. Customer paid $25 and paid for shipping. Staff installed Ragnarok mod in both white PS4 controllers and returned them to the customer. Controllers arrived at customer in the first week of December.
-April 18th 2015 customer opened new ticket describing problems with both PS4 controllers. Staff replied with standard warranty return instructions. After this I have no further records up until:
-September 11th customer opened new ticket resuming correspondence, staff hasn't replied yet, here we are in the forums now.

odingalt

Staff member
FYI you have to log in and post a reply. If you just reply to the notification e-mail you receive, it will end up going to noreply@vikingforums.com which is an unmonitored e-mail box. Same goes with support tickets. If you reply to the notification e-mail you receive on a support ticket, it will go to support@viking360.com which is an unmonitored e-mail box.

odingalt

Staff member
Stupid question probably, have you tried the PS4 Ragnarok factory reset?

"In the event that a customer needs to reset all mods to the default values, there is a global mod reset function. To reset all mods, modes, speeds, and delays to the factory default, follow these instructions: hold the mod switch and tap the PS-Home button and then release both buttons. All four LED’s will glow WHITE, the mod is now awaiting further input. Hold the PS-Home button and then tap D-Pad down. A special WHITE blinking LED sequence will play back, the mod will erase and reprogram itself to the factory default settings, and then reboot the mod."

Badfish

I tried both the reset procedures on both controllers. One accepted the reset but won't work unless it is plugged in. Haven't tried any mods on the one that accepted the reset I need to send both back for repairs. Can you send a package with postage so I can send them to you?

Freyja

Staff member
If one is not working unless plugged in it is likely that the battery is dead. You are out of warranty and therefore are responsible for shipping the controllers to us and to pay for the cost of repairs. If you need us to re-send return instructions with the address please let us know.

Last edited: