Will the xbox 360 macro price ever go down

matril

I was wondering if anybody knows when and if the xbox 360 macro prices ever go down. And why are they the same price as a Xbox one macro

JIM WALKER

Firstly, the new berserker is what it is, new and awesome, hence high price, 360 macro is a rare commodity nowadays, so high priced because they are awesome and rare ....

High quality usually means high price, which means the price will probably never go down ....

odingalt

Staff member
That is a good question. Macro prices have been all over the board the past couple of years. For example the XBOX 360 macro were $169 last fall.

This year my staff were bored one day and so they surfed around the internet and looked at what our competitors were charging. My staff said our macros were way underpriced for the value when compared to the competition. Case in point, we sell Ragnaroks now for $99. (Ragnarok is a fully loaded modded controller). Our competitors charge "a la cart", charging you upwards of $15 or $20 per "Add-on mod". This adds up to over $200 for a fully loaded mod.

So if XBOX 360 macro is the master of all mods, and our competitors are selling lesser mods for over $200, it seemed to make sense that XBOX 360 macro should be priced at least the same or greater as what the competitors are asking.

odingalt

Staff member
Hmmm it seems like a lot of price drops this summer, Evil goes up and down. Some days I check and their master mod is $200, then it's $149, today it's $99.

Maybe they dropped to price match our new prices for Ragnarok :) (Naah, we are too small, I don't even think they notice us down here in our little corner of the world).

Well I'll have to approach from a different angle. The XBOX 360 macro comes with one-of-a-kind mod creation software, letting you re-create the mods from all the other modded controllers. Surely that's value added?

i think the macro is well worth at least a $200.00 price tag considering once you have bought it you can add the mods you want not what other people tell you to have, plus the ability to have different pages of mods for different classes of weapons on the controller at the same time which you can change to at the press of a button is a great feature and not one i have seen on any other controllers.

odingalt

Staff member
Anyway to answer the original question it's totally possible for the macro price to come down, it's been anywhere from $149 to $399 since it launched. The price has been complicated by a supply issue with the "solderless clip" we use in the XBOX 360 macro modchip. If we had an unlimited supply of these parts then we'd price the XBOX 360 macro in the $100's. The price usually reflects our supply of those "solderless clip" part. It also reflects slow times of the year, if we're desperate and nobody is buying anything we've been known to discount the XBOX 360 controller deeply just to convert inventory to cash to pay the utility and rent.

(We previously purchased the solderless clip from an unreliable source in China, we did some R&D and even spend $8,000 on a mold to build out own part but it turns out we need to spend about $80,000-$100,000 on a second machine to assemble the solderless clips which is way outside of our budget any time in the foreseeable future). There is a second supplier we could try purchasing from but he's a direct competitor and his offered pricing is awful.

odingalt

Staff member
The other complication is the LED flex boards and quantity, lately when we get parts we have to produce in ultra low quantity which drives our per modchip costs up. If we can do them in a batch of 1,000 or 2,000 at a time the cost goes down. This late in the XBOX 360 technology cycle it's hard for us to justify building another 1,000 or 2,000 units at a time as we just aren't seeing any sales, we could get stuck with 5-figures worth of modchips sitting on the shelf.