Windows 7

justarock

I am having a problem getting HID Bootloader to pick up my controller. i have done EVERYTHING possible to try and make it work... all of Fredrows tricks and Odins. Does anyone have Windows Seven that can help me figure out what might be wrong? also one thing is that Windows 7 has its own .NET Framework already installed and it is NOT the one that you can download at the software link. so if anyone has ideas please let me know.

Thanks, Justarock :)

odingalt

Staff member
Windows 7 does not need a separate .net framework installation - it is 'built in'.

Is this a legit copy of Windows 7 or a bootleg copy?

Be sure to turn off the UAC crap and run it as an admin.

Fredrow

Itz CHARLEY said:
Or a legit bootleg copy.

No, FU#$ that noise.....

If you where able to spend money on a Viking360 controller, you can drop $100 on Windows7. If you got a local Best Buy, they always have Windows7 on some sort of sale like every 2 weeks. And if you or a family member are members of CostCo then you can buy it there too for a bit cheaper. And if you have a Student College email address you can go to Microsoft.com and get a free students copy of Windows7...... Don't be Ghetto.... Go buy it.....

odingalt

Staff member
Oh sweet, they offer student edition of o/s now? Yes that was a good deal when I was in College, well Microsoft hadn't started that yet but I was able to get a lot of cool electrical engineering software for free back in the day. I gotta admit, their operating systems are more than fairly priced these days.

Itz CHARLEY

sorry i should have mentioned i was joking. Legit bootleg was an oxymoron but i dont bootleg anyways. Windows 7 came with my compy.

Fredrow

Itz CHARLEY said:
sorry i should have mentioned i was joking. Legit bootleg was an oxymoron but i dont bootleg anyways. Windows 7 came with my compy.

I know you were joking around..... Your hella funny, dude...... My message was more aimed toward the person who started this thread....

zackwg23

odingalt said:
Oh sweet, they offer student edition of o/s now? Yes that was a good deal when I was in College, well Microsoft hadn't started that yet but I was able to get a lot of cool electrical engineering software for free back in the day. I gotta admit, their operating systems are more than fairly priced these days.

Nice OD I'm currently a junior in EE at Kansas State :D