Wired controller?

Colonel Sanders

Do you guy's think there are any advantages to one over the other ?

Here are a Few Pro's and Con's Off The Top Of My Head.

Wired Controller
-PC Compatible Straight Outta The Box (Pro)
-No Batteries At All (Pro)
-Non-Modable (Con)-(Sorry, Not Entirely true.)
-Long 1.5m Cord (Pro in the Fact that It Is Fairly Lengthy. Con in the Fact that There IS A Cord running from the USB Port to You)
-Has A Quick Disconnect Feature. (Pro. If Someone Is About to Trip Over It, The Cord Will Come Apart Near The USB Port and thus Will not Knock Your Device Over.)
-(Please Note That This Pro is MY OWN OPINION) No Battery Pack Underneath, I Think Makes The Controller More Comfortable and Far Lighter Than The Wireless Counterpart.(pro)

Wireless-
-PC Compatible Only With an Aftermarket Dongle, However Correct Me If I am Wrong, But I do not Think You Can Buy It Seperately Anymore. (Con/Pro)
-Requires Batteries. (Con)
-Far Easier To Mod in Comparison to a Wired. (However, The Type Of Mods you Can Do To It MAY Be Restricted to the Type Of The CircuitBoard...Pro)
-No Cables (Unless Of Course You Use a PnC Cable. Pro)
-Nice and Heavy, You Won't Forget You Have It I Your Hands (Con...I guess)

Also, If You Go to THIS Webpage, Scroll down to find The Technical Specs of The Wireless Controller. As Well as a Review.

Last edited:

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
You can't put a Macro Board in a wired controller. I do like wired a little better in certain ways, Because Microsoft uses 2.4GHz wireless signal, and that interferes with practically everything in an average household therefore wired is somewhat better. Other than that I prefer wireless controllers.

snicker313

Tanks guys , my son and I were thinking response time might be better with wired. But I will never give up my Viking (to fun to play with the macros).I am still working on them but I am slowly getting it.