Wont come out of Programming Mode!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Hey guys my controller wont come out of programming mode. I have updated the firmware, tried new batteries, unplugged the battery pack and held the middle button down then placed the battery pack in. Any other suggestions on how to get my controller out of programming mode?

NYjetsNY1

So when you hold the guide button, the controller turns to 2 pink LEDs?

You've flashed the firmware again, tried new aa batteries? Were the AA batteries good ones, store-bought?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Right when I put in the battery pack it starts flashing 2 pink LEDs. Ive tried re-flashing the firmware and they were Energizers.

NYjetsNY1

Right when I put in the battery pack it starts flashing 2 pink LEDs. Ive tried re-flashing the firmware and they were Energizers.

Hmm.. if firmware flashing works, not sure the issue. Maybe a corrupt bootloader? Have you tried to put another .vks file onto the controller? Try to put a new .vks on the controller.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
After putting up with this for about two weeks I decided to post this video. It is a huge pain especially when Im trying to make macros.

[video=youtube;xzoaJypjWfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzoaJypjWfM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

odingalt

Staff member
(Stupid question did you buy this from viking360)

Wondering if there is an (intermittent) short between the guide button and the start button???? See if you can send it back to the shop and have them crack this bad boy open. Will send you a PM

Jochem

No normal mode, only programming mode!

Just like as in this post http://www.vikingforums.com/showthread.php?3874-Wont-come-out-of-Programming-Mode! it won't come out of programming mode!

Edit: The only difference is that it does not immediatly turn on when i put the batteries or battery pack in.

I tried reflashing the FW and still no luck.
Yesterday i received this item and also noticed something going on.
While in a game (RAGE) i press start and it brings up the guide menu.

I also tried it without a macro set (opening the software and just writing a blank screen to it)

Software: 0.8.7.5
FW: 0.8.7.3

When i open the FW flasher and read the settings i have the following data:
S/N: 000000000000000015xx
HW ID: 1111
Boot version: 2.D
Checksum: 12A3

Second thing when it worked once in a Gears 1:
When i press and hold A to roadie run it sometimes stops and only continues when i tap the left analog stick.

How can i fix this issue?
I only used it for an hour or so....

Last edited:

Jochem

After another test.
When i plug it into my charge cable it responds again.

If i turn the xbox off and power it on. I get to the sign in profile screen.
When i press the guide button it brings up the guide screen AND it signs me into the account immediatly without me pressing the signing button or pressing start. (i also tested it with a normal controller, at the login screen press start and it signs me in. So this looks like that the macro controller is pressing the guide and start button at the same time).

I'm going to try of this issue still exists if i put a slightly older FW in the controller.

Jochem

Ok i have tried the TESTER.vks file from here.
When i start up gears 1 and start a new campaign i get the following results.
The player 1 led starts alternating blinking different leds AUTOMATICALLY in the following order: red, green, blue, yellow, purple.
If i keep holding righttact1 the led stays on 1 color and i can use the lefttact1. If i release righttact1 the leds start changing again. When i hold it again it stays on 1 color.
in orange mode i can use lefttact1
purply no
red no
green no
blue lefttact1 yes

After purple it almost immediatly switches to red. Where as it stays on the other led colors for a second between circulating to the next color.
About issue when i press start it still brings ups the guide menu and presses start at the same time.

Another thing:
setup: When i create a blank macro page and assign lefttact1 the record functionality and assign righttact2 the play recorded macro functionality.
I go into a game and record a 5 second movement, then i press stop recording and immediatly after that it plays my recorded macro without me pressing righttact1. After the playback finished it immediatly replays it UNLESS i keep holding righttact1 (then it does nothing anymore), if i release it the loop repeats itself again.
Conclusion: If i compare it with the TESTING.vks file it looks that righttact1 keeps getting pressed out of itself (indication of a short). That would also explain why it brings up the guide menu when i only press start .

Jochem

And this is the video i made with the TESTING.vks file.
You can see that when the PnC cable is plugged in the leds change, when i pull out the cable the leds don't change anymore but the issue with the guide and start button still remains.

Note: put the volume up a bit so you can hear the click.
[video=youtube;9pmIpnnqUh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pmIpnnqUh4[/video]

NYjetsNY1

First things to try:

New AA batteries. Just try em.

Then a new PnC kit.

If that doesn't work - then it definitely seems like a problem. This one is new, I've never seen the controller cycle through modes like that.

Try it again with new AA batteries. If that doesn't work... http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

Link the support ticket with this forum thread.