xbox dashboard !

JIM WALKER

Interested to know what people think of the new xbox dashboard !!!! Personally I think its way to busy and fussy !

odingalt

Staff member
I just took the update. Positives: finally the "default" icon is the icon to launch the disc that is in my drive.

My biggest pet peeve of their "Dashboard Version 2" was the fact that when I booted up my console, the first thing I would see is tons and tons of giant billboard ads asking me to spend microsoft points. Then I would have to spend 15 seconds fumbling around my dashboard looking on how to launch the disc in the drive. Let's say I have Black Ops in the drive. Well, I had a hard time finding the launch-game blade, because all the other blades were also Black Ops advertisements that looked a lot like the game disc icon.

After over a year of using the "Version 2" dashboard, I still never got used to all the advertising blitzkrieg I had to endure every time I powered up my console. At least now the default screen shows a few useful functions, instead of blasting me with billboards. Dear Microsoft: I didn't pay $299 for the console, $59 per game, and $59 per year to watch advertisements.

With that said, it looks like total crap, it's cumbersome to navigate, it doesn't "wrap around", and they have again failed to come up with something better than Wii, and it is barely still equal with PS3 (which as far as I know is still using basically the same dashboard from their initial launch?) Wow, three times and you still haven't gotten it right. Microsoft, do you do any usability studies that aren't heavily influenced by your management team's need to earn a project bonu$? This looks like some intern's pre-beta concept.

odingalt

Staff member
Anyone else notice that there are now 4-5 different buttons labeled "Marketplace"... how many do we need, really? They've changed their system that looked something like this:

BUY NOW
(launch game)
BUY NOW

(more options)
BUY NOW
(do something else)

Into something more like this:

(launch game)
BUY BUY BUY (more options) BUY BUY BUY
BUY BUY BUY (do something else) BUY BUY BUY
BUY BUY BUY (other options) BUY BUY BUY
BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

titansfan2104

The only thing I really liked was the ability to download my gamertag/profile on multiple xboxs without having to recover every time. Can log in and play in my living room then go to my room and sign in and play!!!! I like the cloud storage also!!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Not a fan of the dashboard either too much on the dashboard and its hard to access indie games in the market which I like looking at.

odingalt

Staff member
The only thing I really liked was the ability to download my gamertag/profile on multiple xboxs without having to recover every time. Can log in and play in my living room then go to my room and sign in and play!!!! I like the cloud storage also!!

Seriously???? THAT IS AWESOME. THANK YOU MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYjetsNY1

About time! I've been doing this by modding my profile onto multiple things, but this is great news.