XCM Cross Battle Adapter = Win?

God

I have a quick question. I was wondering if I bought the XCM cross battle adapter 2.2 if I could play my PS3 with my Viking controller? Is there anything in it (or taken away) that would prevent it from working?

NYjetsNY1

God said:
I have a quick question. I was wondering if I bought the XCM cross battle adapter 2.2 if I could play my PS3 with my Viking controller? Is there anything in it (or taken away) that would prevent it from working?

So much discussion on this, so far no one has been able to get it to work as the viking360 isn't wired and macros are set to work perfectly - the lag delay would mess it up.

A topic: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2196&hilit=xcm+cross&start=50

God

The 2.2 can work on wireless... So I think it MIGHT work.... Unless it has lag like you say.

"The XCM Cross Battle Adapter 2.2 (works with WIRELESS Xbox 360 controller)

? The Cross Battle Adapter 2.2 is an adapter that allows you to connect your WIRELESS Xbox 360 controller to your PS3/PS3 Slim console with the ability to remap buttons to how you like it.

Function and feature:

Supports WIRELESS Xbox 360 controller on a PS3/PS3 Slim console*
Supports button remapping (includes triggers and bumpers)
Supports PS3 SixAxis tilt function
Supports Rumble

*NOTE: Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver is required."

If it works as advertised I'd love to use it for my PS3. Since that's what I've been playing lately. If all goes well I'll send my controller into Fredrow to get it customized.

NYjetsNY1

You're welcome to try, just remember the adapter is not designed for the viking360 macro controller and:

Viking360 is not responsible for any problems that may occur because of the adapter.

obo

Notice at the bottom there it says that you have to buy the wireless of adapter for it to work. I had an idea to do this a long time ago, but I don't have a ps3 an don't want to drop 500$ just to test a theory ;)

God

They sell them for 100$ on eBay and the adapter is like 20$ from Microsoft. Not 500$, but still expensive. I've kind of reconsidered it and figure I'll wait and see if anyone wants to test it out.

NYjetsNY1

God said:
They sell them for 100$ on eBay and the adapter is like 20$ from Microsoft. Not 500$, but still expensive. I've kind of reconsidered it and figure I'll wait and see if anyone wants to test it out.

$500 to buy a PS3 and everything else needed...

obo

NYjetsNY1 said:
God said:

$500 to buy a PS3 and everything else needed...
haha yeah, I would need to buy a ps3 and a game and stuff. Which would total up to like 500 after taxes and everything

NYjetsNY1

Voodoo said:
I thought the problem was that it introduced input lag, so it kinda sucks ultimately?

Yeah it lags apparently, according to some source I read "not enough to bother you in FPS, but noticeable. Sports games unplayable"

Macros would definitely need to be made for the Adapter that give leeway for the lag.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Nope, macro's should work just as well as anything else, every input should be lagged equally. They should work the same as they do on 360, but the start of them would be delayed the same as any other buton press is delayed.

NYjetsNY1

PS3andCOD said:
Nope, macro's should work just as well as anything else, every input should be lagged equally. They should work the same as they do on 360, but the start of them would be delayed the same as any other buton press is delayed.

We need a tester. I guess I can try. Can someone link me to the things I need to purchase? I have a PS3 + Viking360 macro controller, what else do I need, adapter + wireless thing?

Jassim

I'm down to test, I'm going to buy the adapter and the XCM now, but it'll be a week before I reply as I'm not in the U.S.A. and I use a P.O. box to get the stuff delivered to me.

powder

Right guys, I have more money then sense !!, I have just ordered the XCM Cross Battle Adapter 2.2 and the 360 wireless gaming receiver that's needed. Total cost about £110 here in the UK. Delivery date July 5th

I am actually a PS3 player normally and never use my xbox. Just found the viking360 in a cardboard the other day and decided to see that the latest firmware has to offer. Like the anti recoil potential. I am a computer programmer and using the macro editor came very natural to me. So if needed I can write/alter the macro's t help get them working I will.

I will give detailed analyse here of my findings so to help anybody else trying this out. Jassim maybe we should work together on this PM if your interested.

I was hoping you were going to create a Macro based ps3 controller but can see your reasoning for not due to costs and most non tech people struggle struggle to write their own macro's. Hopefully this will be the next best thing.