Auto spot for PS3 Ragnarok?

SlickNick

Hey, just got my Ragnarok w/USB for PS3 in today...really sweet. I noticed that in this xbox update there is something called
'auto spot'. What is this? Also, any thoughts on when the PS3 version will be released, and what new features there will be?

Thanks.

Ascott

The "auto spot" is for Battlefield 3. in the game when you move your cross hairs over a person and tap the select button it will spot them (put a red dot above there head that your whole team can see) with this anytime you move over a person it will "auto spot" them. as for the ps3 side of your question i dont know lol sorry :-/

odingalt

Staff member
In BF3 I think you have to be in a tank or other vehicle to spot, in GOW3 you just have to aim at the guy any time.

PS3 will not have auto spot for BF3 because the controller does not connect to the "BACK" button.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
That's unfortuneate... Auto spotting would be the the best feature for BF3 for sure. You can spot when you aim down your sights as well as from vehicles.

odingalt

Staff member
I ran around a map on BF3 on XBOX360 for half an hour trying to spot somebody by pressing BACK, I could only get it done from the tank. What was I doing wrong lol

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I'm not sure... I have it for both PC and PS3, and I can spot when aiming down the sight. I usually use a sniper rifle with an acog though, that could have something to do with it. I thought you were supposed to be able to spot with any gun.

battlelog

You can use anygun to spot on BF3, you guys should add that to the Programmable PS3 Ragnarok, it would do it some good. Since most of the people who bought it use it for COD games, I only play BF3 so it would really be cool for the few of us?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Maybe you didn't notice he said it earlier because he said the back button, that's the same as select. Can it be remapped to a direction on the D-pad? Then it could work.

CheGuevara

Kiaora Odingalt, I take it your the brains in the outfit. All this mod talk flies straight over my head, so in laymans terms why can't the ps3 mods for bf3 replicate the Xbox 360 mods for the game. From what I understand none of the competition offers ps3 mods for bf3 other than loosely claiming their rapidfire works. Is it still early days and if so is there anything an idiot can do to help you out like testing, figured you could be the brains and I could be the braun. Or is the writing on the wall for ps3 & bf3 and what you see is what you get. Drop shot and auto spot would be the $&!?

odingalt

Staff member
Kiaora Odingalt, I take it your the brains in the outfit. All this mod talk flies straight over my head, so in laymans terms why can't the ps3 mods for bf3 replicate the Xbox 360 mods for the game. From what I understand none of the competition offers ps3 mods for bf3 other than loosely claiming their rapidfire works. Is it still early days and if so is there anything an idiot can do to help you out like testing, figured you could be the brains and I could be the braun. Or is the writing on the wall for ps3 & bf3 and what you see is what you get. Drop shot and auto spot would be the $&!?

Lol for the third time people:

The modchip in our PS3 controllers does not connect to the back (select) button.

So the only mods I know of for BF3 are rapidfire and auto spot. (And I don't believe that rapidfire is very effective on BF3, frankly when potential customers open up helpdesk ticket asking about BF3 and that they saw how EvilControllers shows rapidfire, I tell them that it's not very effectives because BF3 is more "realistic" than the COD "arcade shooter"). Since our PS3 controller does not connect to the back/select button, it can't do auto-spot, and that only leaves rapidfire.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
There's sort of a mod-block or "spot block" when spotting enemies in BF3. I can't remember where I saw it but the game won't let you spot enemies if you press the back button too much, and it's usually within a very short time, like I remembered I spotted one guy, and I missed another guy when spamming the back button trying to get him and I couldn't spot people for a while, and this was without the modded controller.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Maybe people will understand if I say that by connect to the select button Odingalt means the viking chip cannot press the select button... I have noticed this spot block thing too, it spots a lott less than in BFBC2. I used to just spam the button all the time, then you can find people who are hiding etc, but it doesn't work any more. Kinda makes it pointless though, because if I can only spot so often why don't I just shoot them?

CheGuevara

Ok like I said I don't know how mods work, I did understand that the back (select) button is not connected to the modchip on your controllers....I didn't know its not an not a option to reassign autospot to a different button.... I'll live. Here you go thats three mods you know about for BF3 now.... granted its not the Ps3 hence me being curious about why the ps3 controllers cant do what the xbox can. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKyQ1XeGVxo&feature=relmfu

Peace ...sorry no more annoying BF3 questions from me.:confused:

odingalt

Staff member
Nice. If you can tell me which button makes your character drop in BF3, I can add dropshot for BF3 to the drivers for XBOX360 and PS3. For free as usual :)

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
It's the right thumbstick in BF3 so couldn't you just set the mod layout to tactical which switches the B function to the right thumbstick? I haven't tried it but if I wanted to dropshot in BF3, I was just going to do this.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
It's the right thumbstick in BF3 so couldn't you just set the mod layout to tactical which switches the B function and right thumbstick? I haven't tried it but if I wanted to dropshot in BF3, I was just going to do this.

Correct! So I guess technically we have dropshot for BF3 already :)

CheGuevara

Yup right thumbstick.....your a legend odingalt if you can get this to work for PS3.... from what I understand you would have the only PS3 controller on the market thats offering dropshot...... might be worth noting on the site or sticking on youtube. I have a few mates who it would probably sway into buying a PS3 ragnarok.

Let me know xKilla CaM I'm a fan of the default layout but if thats the only way of getting it to work this old dog can learn a new trick...sadly no controller of my own (yet) to try it out on.