Bullet Buttons

Jonathon

Hey guys. I just saw this awesome pic of the servant black controller at this site called rogue controllers. There's only one difference. The controller has bullet buttons. I'm thinking of buying a set of bullet buttons off ebay and putting them into my servant black controller. But since the controller is modded I'm worried I might damage it, though the task seems simple enough. The end result should look like this.

http://www.biggerbids.com/auction-image-gallery.php?auction_id=358073&image_id=2130789

Should I do it?

NYjetsNY1

Jonathon said:
Hey guys. I just saw this awesome pic of the servant black controller at this site called rogue controllers. There's only one difference. The controller has bullet buttons. I'm thinking of buying a set of bullet buttons off ebay and putting them into my servant black controller. But since the controller is modded I'm worried I might damage it, though the task seems simple enough. The end result should look like this.

http://www.biggerbids.com/auction-image-gallery.php?auction_id=358073&image_id=2130789

Should I do it?

If you don't mind ruining your warranty and if anything goes wrong you'll have to purchase a new macro controller - we won't be able to help you out even if your macro controller breaks due to something that isn't your fault. Otherwise go for it.

"For modchip, modchip wiring or manufacturer's defects in the controller, you can send the controller back for free repairs for 90 days. After 90 days, some issues may still be repaired for free (we just ask that you pay shipping). Under no circumstances will we make any repairs if the warranty sticker is missing and/or the controller has been abused or tampered with.

We have adopted this policy to be fair to our repair shop - we have seen a few tampered or poor 'do it yourself' installs that customers have attempted to return to our shop. We should not be expected to repair controllers that we didn't install in the first place, nor should we be expected to repair controllers that damaged due to tampering or abuse."

Fredrow

[color=#0000FF said:
WetterThanWater[/color]]I love everything about the controller, except the D-Pad it looks really hard to use.

People think that by looking at, but its really not..... Because of how Microsoft makes the D-pad all the directional movements really come from the bottom shape of the D-pad..... (but if someone has never opened up a controller, then they would really not know that!!!!
;) ....)

WetterThanWater

Well, I have an opened controller, and I looked in there about once, and then put it away and I can't find it. (My friend dropped it down a flight of sstairs :x ) So it wasn't opened properly. Most of the mechanisms were broken, like the triggers and the analog sticks.

Fredrow

WetterThanWater said:
Well, I have an opened controller, and I looked in there about once, and then put it away and I can't find it. (My friend dropped it down a flight of sstairs :x ) So it wasn't opened properly. Most of the mechanisms were broken, like the triggers and the analog sticks.

If you look at the inside of the top shell and look at the D-pad area.... You should be able to see what I'm talking about...

If not I can always take pics to show!
! ;)

Fredrow

WetterThanWater said:
I can't find it at the moment, and probably will never be able to find it, but I thought it was floating on top of four switches?

Well, your kind of on the right track!!!!

But I will take some pics and upload them later on to show you what it is......

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
WetterThanWater said:
I can't find it at the moment, and probably will never be able to find it, but I thought it was floating on top of four switches?

Well, your kind of on the right track!!!!

But I will take some pics and upload them later on to show you what it is......

When Fredrow takes pics you know he is getting serious ;)

Fredrow

This is what the inside/bottom half of the (2-piece) D-pad.

[attachment=2:31acdcc1]bottom view inside D-PAD.jpg[/attachment:31acdcc1][attachment=1:31acdcc1]side view inside D-PAD.jpg[/attachment:31acdcc1][attachment=0:31acdcc1]bottom view rubber D-PAD.jpg[/attachment:31acdcc1]

See the cross that sticks out a little bit on the pics? That is really what is making most of the pressure when pressing the D-pad.... You could really use just about anything for the top part of the D-pad.....

Attachments

• bottom view inside D-PAD.jpg
    bottom view inside D-PAD.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 43
  • side view inside D-PAD.jpg
    side view inside D-PAD.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 43
  • bottom view rubber D-PAD.jpg
    bottom view rubber D-PAD.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 43

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, it's just like the face buttons, they have a very simular gray pad. The plastic piece can hit one or two of the buttons at once.

Jonathon

I'm a little nervous about doing this I already got the bullet buttons and the proper screw drivers but since it has tac switches on both sides of the controller I'm a little worried about screwing it up. Is it possible to ask anyone to take so me pics of the viking inside?

NYjetsNY1

Remember you are voiding your warranty and any issues you have in the future - you will simply have to purchase a new controller.

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
Remember you are voiding your warranty and any issues you have in the future - you will simply have to purchase a new controller.

Ahhhhh.... Really???

...Come on Fredrow. Sarcasm wasn't needed here.

There are always people who somehow say after they break the controller that they weren't warned and deserve a free repair.

By stating and repeating myself hundreds of times on the voiding your warranty issue, I am saving viking from having to deal with a broken controller that the customer tampered with.

So I'll say it again: Do not tamper with the viking360 (also known as macro controller, the viking, etc) in any way shape or form (other than using it for what it is intended to be used as: a modded controller - with the ability to update the software and to put macros on it)

If you do, you will lose all ability to get the controller repaired. You simply will have to buy a new controller.

Any questions on this policy or anything else, please do not hesitate to ask or PM me.

Fredrow

To bad this is not the Conan show because I just found a mistake.... (someone should find this funny!)

NYjetsNY1 said:
If you do, you will lose all ability to get the controller repaired. You simply will have to buy a new controller.

Any questions on this policy or anything else, please do not hesitate to ask or PM me.

You should have said the ability to get the controller repaired for FREE!!!

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
To bad this is not the Conan show because I just found a mistake.... (someone should find this funny!)

NYjetsNY1 said:

You should have said the ability to get the controller repaired for FREE!!!

Actually, I believe I was correct. As far as odingalt told me, viking will not repair, nor attempt to repair a controller that has been modified by anyone other than viking.

Therefore, again, the customer will lose all ability to get the controller repaired.