Controller... Eh.. Acting up?

NickM

Obviously, the title speaks for itself, the controller is acting up in these ways:

Randomly switches pages.
Sometimes won't let me switch pages and then won't toggle anything so I have to turn it off and on.
Toggling is auto turning off and sometimes isn't turning back on.

The batteries when I check the menu are at ||| out of |||| Bars.. the batteries aren't near dead, any suggestions? Should I re-update the firmware or maybe re-download the macros?

Any help would be appreciated, if you think its a battery problem, I need explanation of why batteries that are 75% juiced up aren't usable anymore, I don't see that as very economic.

NYjetsNY1

NickM said:
Obviously, the title speaks for itself, the controller is acting up in these ways:

Randomly switches pages.
Sometimes won't let me switch pages and then won't toggle anything so I have to turn it off and on.

The batteries when I check the menu are at ||| out of |||| Bars.. the batteries aren't near dead, any suggestions? Should I re-update the firmware or maybe re-download the macros?

Any help would be appreciated, if you think its a battery problem, I need explanation of why batteries that are 75% juiced up aren't usable anymore, I don't see that as very economic.

Well it does come with a rechargeable battery pack + a play and charge kit.

I would re-update the firmware and re-program your controller (with the .vks file)

Try using a rechargeable battery pack + a play and charge cable. If you still have these issues, it isn't a battery problem. Let me know how it goes using the battery pack + PnC cable.

NickM

NYjetsNY1 said:
NickM said:

Randomly switches pages.

Well it does come with a rechargeable battery pack + a play and charge kit.

I would re-update the firmware and re-program your controller (with the .vks file)

Try using a rechargeable battery pack + a play and charge cable. If you still have these issues, it isn't a battery problem. Let me know how it goes using the battery pack + PnC cable.

Will do thanks for the help. Will be sure to report back tomorrow, because as we speak, I'm hitting the hay :)

NickM

Its working fine, I just don't understand why the batteries that had 75% of there umph left in them weren't working very well, regardless the rechargeable as you play battery pack is working flawlessly and the mod is working flawlessly also.

NYjetsNY1

NickM said:
Its working fine, I just don't understand why the batteries that had 75% of there umph left in them weren't working very well, regardless the rechargeable as you play battery pack is working flawlessly and the mod is working flawlessly also.

Could be you were too far from your TV, could be that you are too far away, could be bad batteries (they are lieing to you lol)

NickM

I'm sure the batteries were probably lying, they have it out for me.. They planned this I'm sure, as far as being to far from the TV, I'm right next to it (like 5-8ft away from xbox) so I'm all good there.. But like you said the batteries were probably lying to me.

NYjetsNY1

NickM said:
I'm sure the batteries were probably lying, they have it out for me.. They planned this I'm sure, as far as being to far from the TV, I'm right next to it (like 5-8ft away from xbox) so I'm all good there.. But like you said the batteries were probably lying to me.

Sometimes batteries say they have 3 bars even if it is really lower. That or bad batch of batteries. Maybe even the company makes bad batteries. Try a new company or a fresh batch of batteries.

Talavera21

I'm not sure if this falls under this topic, but all of a sudden when playing black ops. when i press up on the D-pad it acts also like im pressing the BACK button and vice versa, how can i fix this?

NYjetsNY1

Talavera21 said:
I'm not sure if this falls under this topic, but all of a sudden when playing black ops. when i press up on the D-pad it acts also like im pressing the BACK button and vice versa, how can i fix this?

Upload your .vks, the full macro set on your controller, so I can see that.

Talavera21

the set isn't the problem. i've been using the set for awhile, i love it. but one day all of a sudden it starting to act up like this and i don't know how it happened or how to fix it

NYjetsNY1

Talavera21 said:
the set isn't the problem. i've been using the set for awhile, i love it. but one day all of a sudden it starting to act up like this and i don't know how it happened or how to fix it

Try reflashing the firmware. The only other thing I can think of is if you have tampered with the controller, or spilled soda on it or something, but try reflashing the firmware.

odingalt

Staff member
This thread is getting long lol. Anyway I guess we just wanted to make sure it's not an issue with a corrupt macro before you send it back. "Bad" macros are known to do all sorts of crazy stuff to a controller and make it look like a total hardware failure. BUT, hardware has been known to have problems with it, too! Do you still have your support account login info, you might want to submit a ticket and see if they will take it back at the shop for a diagnosis.

Talavera21

so i sent my controller in and they weren't able to duplicate the problem, i get the controller back and its still happening, what do i do?

NYjetsNY1

Could you take a youtube video of the problem? Literally Record the computer and how you put the macro on your controller, so we can see the exact thing on your controller. Then show us how the controller reacts when you play xbox on it? That is the best way.

NYjetsNY1

Hmm, a simple cell phone or video camera. Just record yourself pressing the button on the controller and then point the camera to the screen so we can see what happens.

What exactly is now occuring though, what is your issue? Is it an in-game thing?