Custom painted sleeper

when you sand it all you have to do is sand it until the shinyness is gone on everything. i just startes painting controllers about a month ago but im also very creative and patient haha. the irish flag would look sick!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Where do you get the paint? How does the paint hold up to wear and tear? How does the paint feel when your finished?

i get the paint from a local hardware store. as long as you put enough coats on and clear coats to protect the paint you're gonna be fine. i usually put like 4-5 clear coats on and lightly sand it to get a not so sticky feeling

PS3andCOD

Contributor
So the paint is easy to find, like maybe at Walmart? I live in Canada, and can't take it for granted that the local hardware store has everything that yours would, but Walmart is pretty universal. Also, if you don't mind, could you maybe just put the steps you use like 1, 2, 3 etc.? I watched some of the videos from that site, but sometimes he seems pretty cryptic, like he wants you to pay him to do it (which of course he does).

The best paint to use to begin with is krylon fusion because it has adhesion promoter built in to it but they only have a select number of colors to choose from. If you search around on the internet pretty much all the steps are the same (that's how I learned)

Trust me i was nervous about doing it and everything but in the end it will look sick if you take your time and do the best you can. Also do you only have one controller?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I have 3, but I also have 2 brothers so one each... One is kind of busting though, the sticks wiggle around so we avoid using it unless we're all playing. Maybe I can do a test on that one. Actually, I might look around for some old controllers, maybe PS1 or gamecube to try it on first.

alright guys i have an extra controller that im going to customize. i need ideas on what colors to paint it and what color leds. no controllers following mw2 and other games.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Try a green and orange tiger stripe!!! And then green and orange LEDs. Also, I saw somewhere that they put the cases they want to paint in the dishwasher on a low heat setting. Do you think thats a good idea?

theblur1

I think that would be pretty pointless putting it in the dishwasher.
If the controller is white you dont necessarily need to use primer either. Just sand the whole case lightly first.
I use 3 coats of paind 1 coat of clear-coat after. For the first coat of paint make it light, the second one a bit heavier and the third get everything pretty good. This will make it so it doesnt take too long to dry.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
About the dishwasher, lets put it this way... Do you think it would hurt/be bad? If it doesn't do anything, oh well, but if it does something bad...

Ben

I have my partner site doing one for me at the moment! Gunna look hott!

I'll post some pic's up when I get it back ;)