Hey Guys.

ILBIEAST

I am just saying if you are going to put that as your gamertag and multiple other names it deserves to be clowned on

obo

haha, Hey obo, Sorry. I forgot about you too. You should check out my 'Custom PC Thread', It is the PC I am about to build. Total Value is $2759.89 (AUD). She's gonna be a bit of a beast (If i say so myself.)
The Tower Xbox is somewhat of a 'Boredom' Prioject. I am almost done, I just need to Custom Build A Bracket To House the XBox's M/Board, Get a few Longer Cables so I can Mount The DvD Drive In It's Appropriate Place, My Boss/Mentor/Teacher is teaching me how to Partition and Format HDD's. With that Knowedge, I will Format a SSD (Solid State Drive) And use that as the primary Xbox Memory Drive. So Not Only will I have More than 120Gb for Storeage, The Memory Will be Lightning Fast. Much Faster Than the Current Xbox's System.
When I am Done, I will take Pic's and Videos and Upload them here?
No worries mate, I'm not as talkative around here as I used to be, with college consuming my life and all now. Electrical Engineering + being in a fraternity is kind of my life right now haha.
That pc of yours sounds like a tank, I can't wait to see progress reports on it, as well as the xbox. I've never heard of anybody putting a SSD into an xbox, so that should be extremely interesting to see how it performs. Tell me though, are you planning on connecting the SSD to a JTAG console or a regular console? For some reason I feel like normal xbox 360's would reject any memory that wasn't microsoft approved or people would be doing it all over the place. I could be wrong though, that may have changed/hacked around lately. In which case, I'm excited to see how this all turns out :p

Be sure to upload those pics and vids! Visuals are what make progress reports exciting.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
No worries mate, I'm not as talkative around here as I used to be, with college consuming my life and all now. Electrical Engineering + being in a fraternity is kind of my life right now haha.
That pc of yours sounds like a tank, I can't wait to see progress reports on it, as well as the xbox. I've never heard of anybody putting a SSD into an xbox, so that should be extremely interesting to see how it performs. Tell me though, are you planning on connecting the SSD to a JTAG console or a regular console? For some reason I feel like normal xbox 360's would reject any memory that wasn't microsoft approved or people would be doing it all over the place. I could be wrong though, that may have changed/hacked around lately. In which case, I'm excited to see how this all turns out :p

Be sure to upload those pics and vids! Visuals are what make progress reports exciting.
I have a 2TB hard drive I use for my xbox. Just partition it.

Fredrow

I Love Chicken, What about you?

Hey I am not 'New' To Viking So to say. I was here Once before, I loved it but when Viking Upgraded to this new System, My Credentials were lost. So I just gave up on Viking. Well now I am back.
I have started looking at new Horizons, I am now in the Progress of Turning a Tower into an XBox 360 Console. I still Work All day Mon-Fri. But I now Work In the IT Department, So, I am Undertaking Certificate(s) 1-4 in IT, When I reach Cert 3-4 I am going to choose my Electives as Coding and Programming. So yeah, Just thought I would come back to Viking Forums and say Hello (again).

Hello to all, Far and Wide. I am Colonel Sanders, I am a Re-incarnation Of an Old User, I am now back and Stronger, Smarter and far more Helpful Than Ever before.
as Much as I don't want to Admit it, I kinda Missed You Guys. I hope that Not Too Much has Changed. I have a Few Questions if anyone would be so Kind As to Answer.

Does Odingalt Still Rule The Roost with his Wife?
Is NYJetsNYJ1 (I think that's how it is Spelt) Still Around?
User - V360 Sinner(S) I think, How about him? I have Some News for that Kid.
Fredrow, Is that Mad Cat From East Seattle Still Around?
How about the PS3 Bloke. I heard that Viking Had Finished the Controller.

And well anyone else who reads this Feel Free To Stop by and Say Hello!

Cheers, Colonel S.

What's good dude!!! Good to hear you decided to come back around. Thats the only down fall from the great Viking products is that you can never really leave....

On a side note; not to sure what Jetz meant about me being my own man, because I have been my own man since I was born pimp'N....haha...

Colonel Sanders

What's good dude!!! Good to hear you decided to come back around. Thats the only down fall from the great Viking products is that you can never really leave....

On a side note; not to sure what Jetz meant about me being my own man, because I have been my own man since I was born pimp'N....haha...

Cheers mate!
Haha, That's what I admired about you mate, You manage to be funny even without trying. Hey when you get time, Check the "Custom PC" Thread and tell me what you think!

Colonel Sanders

haha, No worries mate!
Yeah well that's the thing, My Boss Claims that as long as the Drive is Formatted correctly and Partitioned appropriately then all should be smooth.
But again, That's also what IT Is all about, Trial and error. My Boss once told me, "It takes 2 months to code a program, Then it takes 7 months to Debug it!"
So I guess this SSD thing is just going to be all about Trial and Error, I will Try absolutely Everything to get it to work, But if it still doesn't work then there's not much you can Do about it. I fI do get it working, I imagine that the XBox's Operating Environment would be much Faster, Especially If Your Like me and Install all your games then, Load Time wil be Substantially Faster, There will be Less Power Consumption, Allowing The PSU To give that tiny bit more "OOMPH" to the other Components, The SSD has no Moving Parts, Unlike the HDD Meaning, Less Heat from Friction, Less Heat means Lower Chances of Over Heating. Over Heating Is also Another Reason why I am Embarking on the 'Tower-ised' Xbox. More Fans, Better Control of Airflows, Less Heat. Optimal Temperatures....*Epic Voice* The Potential For the Worlds First Super XBox *Normal Voice* or it could just all fall over Flat on It's face and I will just have an XBox that looks like a PC. Either Way i'm in a Win-Win Situation. haha, Well that's my Theory anyway.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
ill make a rrod fix tutorial if you want all i use is a paint heat gun and some bolts and screws simple ill make one though then make a thread on it make get a sticky?

Colonel Sanders

Can You Please Explain The Basic Theory Right Now.

i.e
Remove Heat Sink, and Re-attach it Using Said Nuts n' Bolts

Sorta Thing, Just So I have a bit of an Idea What I am up for.

Greatly Appreciated Mate :)

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Sure man all i do is take off the xclamps on the xbox take all the thermal off of the cpu and gpu i then preheat the back of the board on a low setting for about one minute then go to high and flip over the board. I stay on high for about 4 minutes if its a gpu problem(e74 e79 etc) then i focus on the gpu or hana chip if its red ringed i focus on the cpu. However never stay in one place on the board keep the heat gun moving

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
oops forgot then you replace the thermal on both chips and replace the xclamps with screws and washer it would go metal washer,Plastic washer, motherboard, Plastic washer, Metal washer, Then heatsink and thats it turn it on and see if it works

Colonel Sanders

oops forgot then you replace the thermal on both chips and replace the xclamps with screws and washer it would go metal washer,Plastic washer, motherboard, Plastic washer, Metal washer, Then heatsink and thats it turn it on and see if it works

Cheers Mate,
Your A Legend.
I have always wanted to Attempt to Fix RROD, But I never bothered Trying to do it.
I have a question though.
Wouldn't it be more Cost Effective & Efficient to use a Non-Conductive Washer, Nut and Bolt; As opposed to 3 Washers?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
yes that would be a good idea just make sure it isnt conductive or the xbox will burn out lol ill try to get a video tutorial today with a xbox that the video is messed up (about to e79)

Colonel Sanders

But see that's the thing, jets IS a MACRO GURU, I'm sure that he could probably find a way to make your controller do a tap dance when you win a FFA on COD :)