How Easy is it to Fix the RROD or E74?

theblur1

Yes electrical tape is fine. I used it. A tiny bit will probably melt but thats not problem just carefully peel off most of the melted stuff.

Keep us updated

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I fixed the 0001, it was just the DVD drives power cable. I tried to open the drive, and it wouldn't so I wiggled the cable around, and it worked when I rebooted it. But now it's back to the 0020. I'm not sure if I found a missing resistor? It apears as if there are two missing under the GPU. The picture was taken with the ethernet, power and A/V slots facing me (so the bottm of that picture). I circled where they apear to be missing in red. Have a look:

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Is this picture easier to see? These resistors or whatever they are are hard to see to begin with, they arn't even the size of a BB, or a pen nib.

theblur1

Try re-flowing again.
Im not too sure if the resistors are part of the problem because 0020 is sometimes caused by damaged resistors..
But definatley reflow again. I had to twice when i fixed mine

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Alright. I am definatly thinking that those are missing, because if there were some there, then the resistors would be aranged symetricaly. Do you know what those resistors are so I can replace them?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I have found something about someone geting a 0003 error when they knocked one off of the cpu! Thats almost exactly the same as I have! I think I need to find out what these are and replace them.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Someone on X-box scene says that he has 4 of those missing without a problem, and he says I should reflow again, and use some liquid flux.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
What about the black screws near the x clamps? I don't have them, and I've heard that the xbox can sense them.

IrishStyle

PS3andCOD said:
What about the black screws near the x clamps? I don't have them, and I've heard that the xbox can sense them.

Are you talking about the 8 black Xclamp screws? If you replaced the hardware with Screws and washers instead of using the stock ones you don't need those black ones. The xbox definitly cannot detect if those are attached or not.