How Easy is it to Jtag an Xbox?

Krier023

Useful Poster
yeah well put this into perspective im only 14, but im taking all kinds of tech classes in my high school. i just find all this stuff really interesting, in class we are working with a program called robo pro that pretty much helps you write programs to move servos on a robot without having to write all the scripts

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, I did some robotics stuff at school too. The board of education? I am also doing programing, and will again next year.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Irish, I like the sound of an RJ45, but where can you get one of the conectors? The only thing I can think of to take them out of is a router, but I'm not wasting $50 on a conector. Also, I'm assuming that it is safe to leave those wires in, it can't mess anything up afterwards right? And would leaving those in help with unbanning? Is that swaping the keyvault? If so, can you get the kv from a RROD? I have one here that I can't seem to fix...

IrishStyle

PS3andCOD said:
Irish, I like the sound of an RJ45, but where can you get one of the conectors? The only thing I can think of to take them out of is a router, but I'm not wasting $50 on a conector. Also, I'm assuming that it is safe to leave those wires in, it can't mess anything up afterwards right? And would leaving those in help with unbanning? Is that swaping the keyvault? If so, can you get the kv from a RROD? I have one here that I can't seem to fix...

You can get them at radioshack. Like this one Here.....It's safe to leave them in so long as they are not going to get shorted on anything. You could have a problem if the wires shorted, so take extra time routing them accordingly. Yes a KV is a keyvault, this is used to unban the jtag(Xenon/Falcon). You can get a key from a rrod. The box doesn't have to work, just take power so you can read the nand.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
So unbaning doesn't work on the newer xbox motherboards? An elite is a jasper isn't it? Do you have any idea what motherboard the other one there is? I am not absolutly sure, but I'm pretty sure my RROD is a launch console, so xenon right? I mean, if I can, I might as well run a couple of lobbies here and there when I can get cheap RROD or E74's to take keyvaults from.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Thanks, that cleared it up. Obviously I hope I have a newer xeneon here then, so I can use it on a newer board. The disk drive says 2006 so I should be OK there. I had had a peak at that tutorial, but since I don't even have one yet it was irrelivant at the time, and I didn't really read it through... The more I think about getting this thing the better it sounds. I also want to try some case modding, so I can try stuff on the cases from the kv donnors, and maybe sell them for a profit.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, I definatly have an xenon. I actually don't have it here right now, I have no idea if it is the old/new xeneon. I thougt my power cord might be busted so I lent the box to a friend to test with his cord.

a42ozslushie

I am getting a Jasper and am going to install a cygno chip on it with usb. Much easier do it that way but the chips cost $50. I just need to find the money...

a42ozslushie

The chip has an option for usb so you can update and store your kvs effortlessly. Also only a couple wires woot woot! But yeah do what you do and keep it real.

IrishStyle

It's a crap shoot PS3. Either one of those could rrod or e74. Only the jaspers have a good track record, but that usually means a big block nand that can take up to 20 hours to dump via lpt.

obo

IrishStyle said:
It's a crap shoot PS3. Either one of those could rrod or e74. Only the jaspers have a good track record, but that usually means a big block nand that can take up to 20 hours to dump via lpt.
he's right. Jaspers are just a bitch when it comes to jtagging. Hard as hell to unban as well. Its not that hard to fix rrod anyways, so if you know what you're doing, just go with a xenon or falcon

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Alright, I'll just go with the cheap one then. Whatever it is, it is. I can just add extra fans to help prevent probems. I'll already have it open anyways. If it does get RROD I'll have it professionaly fixed so I don't mess it up worse... By the way, my mom seems to be going along with it, so if they have one left (it was listed a week ago) I'll probably get it.

obo

PS3andCOD said:
Alright, I'll just go with the cheap one then. Whatever it is, it is. I can just add extra fans to help prevent probems. I'll already have it open anyways. If it does get RROD I'll have it professionaly fixed so I don't mess it up worse... By the way, my mom seems to be going along with it, so if they have one left (it was listed a week ago) I'll probably get it.
does your mom just buy you a bunch of random crap lol? my parent freak out whenever i mention hacking

PS3andCOD

Contributor
My mom won't buy me anything I don't absolutley need, and books. I emphasised the paint the case part, it's a project and I'm showing initiative. She's realy big on initiative. She said she would take all my games if my 91 average went down. If it went down 10 it would still be good.