Idea's You Would Like To See For The Viking Controller

GJUnLeAsHeD

this is lees controller and more website. i was wondering couldn't all of the fast reloads/jitter modes be put in to 1 big down load file i personaly hate down loading all of those files sepretly :mrgreen:

s1wheel4

It would be nice if you could have a small program or test environment to test your macros. I hate having to unplug the controller from the computer...pull the battery pack, and resync the controller just to see if the macros will work the way it's intended. Just a suggestion. Very minor compared to features.

odingalt

Staff member
s1wheel4 said:
It would be nice if you could have a small program or test environment to test your macros. I hate having to unplug the controller from the computer...pull the battery pack, and resync the controller just to see if the macros will work the way it's intended. Just a suggestion. Very minor compared to features.

Man I can't agree more with this statement lol! I hate testing firmware. I finally wore out a play-and-charge cable after 12 months of coding and debugging. (plug, unplug, plug, unplug lol).

obo

odingalt said:
s1wheel4 said:

Man I can't agree more with this statement lol! I hate testing firmware. I finally wore out a play-and-charge cable after 12 months of coding and debugging. (plug, unplug, plug, unplug lol).
If this is something that you might look into, I would suggest maybe having the program essentially stream to the controller. So instead of creating a virtual xbox environment on the pc, you could just throw the controller into test mode and click play, then the program has the controller play the macro once, or twice, or however you set it.

Idk how easy that would be to code, but I'm guessing extremely difficult. It would be fun though :D

odingalt

Staff member
obo said:
odingalt said:
s1wheel4 said:

If this is something that you might look into, I would suggest maybe having the program essentially stream to the controller. So instead of creating a virtual xbox environment on the pc, you could just throw the controller into test mode and click play, then the program has the controller play the macro once, or twice, or however you set it.

Idk how easy that would be to code, but I'm guessing extremely difficult. It would be fun though :D

riginally I intended on doing something like this, where you could plug into the USB of your computer and record 'live' macros while plugged into the software, but I ran out of budget. If I was Logitech, Co. I would definitely build something like this.

s1wheel4

I had one more thing come to mind. It's not really about the controller, but more about the ability to download more macros at the same time instead of just one by one in the library. For security reasons I'm not sure it can be done or should be done and I can see some confusion that could happen if you don't keep up with each macro. Anyway, the idea was for users to be able to download many macros at the same time in a bulk data pull. For example: I wanted to download all the official macros for Black Ops...maybe have a zip file of every macro or be able to download via FTP what we wanted all at the same time. I've spent quite a few clicks downloading more of the MW2 and Black Op macros while at the same time seperating them out and adding them into folders so I could keep up with them.

I thought about this when I was trying to find a jitter macro that I liked on Black Ops...there's several different versions of jitter, so I just downloaded them all one by one and tested them all out until I found which one worked best for me. I thought it would just would have been nice to get all of them at one time.

This is just a minor suggestion and I can see value in actually downloading them one by one so you'll pay attention to what's being downloaded. The download of each macro just takes a split second anyway so it's no big deal.

I recall in an earlier version of the firmware, when I'd press start to put it into programming mode (or wahtever it's called) the controller would also sync to the xbox as well and I'd have normal button functionality. I was thinking to make it easier to test macros, the controller could be made to sync to the xbox during programming mode, and run any macros that have recently be transfered without having to unplug the cable pop the batteries, and power up normally.

NYjetsNY1

Pyroman515 said:
I recall in an earlier version of the firmware, when I'd press start to put it into programming mode (or wahtever it's called) the controller would also sync to the xbox as well and I'd have normal button functionality. I was thinking to make it easier to test macros, the controller could be made to sync to the xbox during programming mode, and run any macros that have recently be transfered without having to unplug the cable pop the batteries, and power up normally.

I recall this but not that it let you run macros... are you 100% sure?