Is it worth it?

Awfulz

The reason I ask is because I've only had my Raven for about 2 months now, and I bought it because it was top-of-the-line, for $260, and now they come out with a new controller that's x10 better for -$60. I'm kinda frustrated, but oh well; I'ma keep living. Anyways, what are the pros and cons (and differences) of having The Legacy > Odin's Raven.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Awfulz said:
The reason I ask is because I've only had my Raven for about 2 months now, and I bought it because it was top-of-the-line, for $260, and now they come out with a new controller that's x10 better for -$60. I'm kinda frustrated, but oh well; I'ma keep living. Anyways, what are the pros and cons (and differences) of having The Legacy > Odin's Raven.
it has all the features of the raven and MORE!!!

heep

I don't get it, the old controllers you could custimize. Now you can't? I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but I'm hoping to get one soon and I love some cool designs. You know with the cool led lights around the "soul." What does the macro chip do? Please Explain! :D ty

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The macro's mean complete custumization! The controller can watch you do something and play it back, or you can use the new software coming out with the controller to make your own button combos (macros). It can do literally anything. But not aimbots, or other hacks like that... Anything a controller could possibly do.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I think all the controllers come with a special custum LED setup that can be changed with software. There are 3 shells available for now... I'm sure they'd do whatever shell you want for enough money.

I got a hammer about 4 months ago and I too want to buy the new legacy controller! Is there any trade deals or credit, like maybe 50, shoot or even 20 bucks towards the new lagacy controller I mean the thors hammer ran for 135 bucks backs when I got it, just my idea but if not look likes I'm gonna have to save up.....

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I bet you'd have no problem selling it for $50 localy. That's like the price of a normal controller. Just want to point out, legacy is what they're calling the old controllers now. The new one is just the viking.

geestthebeast

IDK??? i think if you have a legacy controller like mine it wouldn't really matter, i bought the hammer back in april 2010, and upgraded it myself to a raven and then put on an xcm shell, i think i put about $250 into it. It appears to me, the funcions on the macro are about the same exept for the added memory and a few more features, I think an FPS freak like me would be ok if he would just keep a legacy instead of investing into a macro, ill wait and see if i need it when the new COD comes out, Make PS3 rapidfire please. :mrgreen:

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

geestthebeast said:
IDK??? i think if you have a legacy controller like mine it wouldn't really matter, i bought the hammer back in april 2010, and upgraded it myself to a raven and then put on an xcm shell, i think i put about $250 into it. It appears to me, the funcions on the macro are about the same exept for the added memory and a few more features, I think an FPS freak like me would be ok if he would just keep a legacy instead of investing into a macro, ill wait and see if i need it when the new COD comes out, Make PS3 rapidfire please. :mrgreen:
Ps3 rapid fire isn't as easy as you think.

geestthebeast

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
geestthebeast said:

Depending on which board you have, i make some for friends, the only one that is hard is the newest dualshock 3 controller, all the old sixaxis and dualshock 3s are easy.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

geestthebeast said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
geestthebeast said:

Depending on which board you have, i make some for friends, the only one that is hard is the newest dualshock 3 controller, all the old sixaxis and dualshock 3s are easy.
the CECHC2U?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I was talking to odingalt about PS3 rapidfire, and he said he might look at making a chip for it now! Simular to how the intensafire works.

geestthebeast

PS3andCOD said:
I was talking to odingalt about PS3 rapidfire, and he said he might look at making a chip for it now! Simular to how the intensafire works.

ya, i just made simple 3 mode rapid fire on either r1 or r2 for people, it worked on w@w and cod mw2 and cod4, you can check out this site, they sell diy kits for ps3 that are pretty easy to do, they have 8 settings, fast and slow and 3shot burst for mw1 and mw2, fast and slow and 3shot burst for w@W and a user programable full auto and user programable 3 shot burst, i buy and sell things from them, they have good prices on small stuff, Here is the website: Consolecustoms.com

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, I've seen that one before... Was a little while a go though. I was actually in the process of picking which kit to buy when I found viking, and I've never been able to justify buying any of them after that...

geestthebeast

Well, they don't have free driver updates for life, but the simple rapidfire they offer it is better than most, compaired to evilcontrollers, gamermodz, silentmodz and all others, i would rate them as a 8.5/10, their rapid fire is perfect, and the burst fire settings are good, never lock up in w@w, but their jitter fire is kinda weird, but who really uses jitter anyways,