Jtag for sale

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, mine is Dec. 2005 I beleive. The PSU should work for it then... Only thing is I'd probably get hit with custums (I'm in Canada) that's like $40 more. Someone in Toronto (an hour away) sells them without DVD drives for $140, and I have a drive too, but it sounds like a pain to switch them.

horatio13

hmm. If you're really interested i can box it and take it down to the post office and get a price range on shipping to canada, eh?

Krier023

Useful Poster
Ps3 switching drives is not difficult it is just a matter of putting all the right stuff to 360 flash tools then reflashing with a usb

IrishStyle

All you have to do is boot into xell or xellous(Depending on the Flash) to retrieve the CPU Key. To get the CPU Key you add lines 3 and 5 to get the entire cpu key. Then take the key and enter it into Flash360. Then open your nand dump and it will give you your DVD Key. Takes maybe 5 minutes to complete.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
horatio13 said:
hmm. If you're really interested i can box it and take it down to the post office and get a price range on shipping to canada, eh?

Unfortunatly, I think it would be too much hassle. I bought my PS3 out of the states and got charged $150 at the border. It could run up to $250 in the end. Maybe I will buy one of the driveless ones, I'm pretty sure he said he provides the drive key, so that cuts 90% of the work then.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Do you know a good tutorial for it? I'd heard about some f the details, but I never could find a straight up tutorial.

IrishStyle

PS3andCOD said:
It definatly comes with the DVD key already. I basicly would need to know how to enter the DVD key into my drive.

First you need to figure out what drive you are going to get. Then just google a flashing tut for your replacment drive. They are all different to an extent. I would suggest replacing it with a Benq because they are the easiest to deal with.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I'll have to dig it out, I already have a drive. I was thinking about puting it into a jtag that comes without the drive. It does come with the drive key already figured out thought. How does flashing it differ from the burned disk flashing? I've seen tutorials for that...

Krier023

Useful Poster
You do not have to flash this drive. you just have to make it work in a console that had a different drive. I think its called spoofing, but if its jtaggabel all you have to do is put the dvd key and info into the new nand image

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well I'm confused now. The guy selling them obviously means for me to use the drive key from the console in some way, because he is providing that. I don't know the key from the drive it's self.