Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.5 Beta Testing....

odingalt

Staff member
Re: Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.2 Beta Testing....

oh fudge said:
odingalt said:
[quote="oh fudge":2r4z54r1]is there any way to get the burst fire to work properly when i put it on RT without having to put a shift-key thing on a tac switch or w/e, i've tried everything, i just don't want to put the burst fire macro on a tac switch cuz it'd be alot better on RT than on a tac switch

Yes. The example macro posted in this thread does exacly what you're talking about. "I've tried everything" we can't figure out what this means, can you be more specific or maybe even better, post the last .VKS that you tried to get to work? Are you running the beta, or are you just post hijacking? This thread is only for posts related to beta testing please.

yes i am using the beta and new firmware, the problem i'm having is that the burst fire only works every so often, most of the time its just single shot. i've tried both the sample macro you posted and my own 3-4 shot burst macro. and i tried putting the sample macro on a tac switch and it worked perfectly, 2-3 shots every time i pressed the button.[/quote:2r4z54r1]

Your macro is wrong then. This is not an issue with the firmware/software. A rapidfire macro that is created for the tac swtich will not work when assigned to the trigger, and vice-versa. This is macro writing 101. Please upload your .VKS.

Crimson

Ok found another bug, but might be a zero-day bug not confined to this version of the .exe/.bin only. Let's say you have 4 pages, one Red, one Green, one Blue. and One Yellow. When you delete the Green page and upload the vks to the controller, you will have page 1 Red( not changed), page 2 "Green" (instead of blue), page 3 Blue (instead of yellow). So in essence, every page after the deleted page will have its color shifted in the controller even though the macro software will show you the correct pages after the deletion. So RGBY, delete G and you get RGB instead of RBY (note that pages are still correct, only talking about the color assigned to them after the deletion). Let me know if you need additional info.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Crimson said:
Ok found another bug, but might be a zero-day bug not confined to this version of the .exe/.bin only. Let's say you have 4 pages, one Red, one Green, one Blue. and One Yellow. When you delete the Green page and upload the vks to the controller, you will have page 1 Red( not changed), page 2 "Green" (instead of blue), page 3 Blue (instead of yellow). So in essence, every page after the deleted page will have its color shifted in the controller even though the macro software will show you the correct pages after the deletion. So RGBY, delete G and you get RGB instead of RBY (note that pages are still correct, only talking about the color assigned to them after the deletion). Let me know if you need additional info.
it also removes all macros.

rawflewaffle

As far as the anti recoil goes i would like to help... but i still need to better understand whats going on with this axis disabling stuff because as far as i noticed its no different than the old anti recoils in concept, just a simple matter of testing it out, so if you could explain how this axis disabling works and how it makes it better that would be great. when i used the ones you posted all i experienced was basically something i could have done with the previous software it just would have taken alot of testing if the recoil bounced diagonally or circularly or am i missing something

also i noticed all the green dots are lit in your macros, wouldnt it be better if the user could control the left to right or am i misunderstanding? and everytime i try to save otherwise and i reopen the macro it goes back to all dots lit

NYjetsNY1

rawflewaffle said:
As far as the anti recoil goes i would like to help... but i still need to better understand whats going on with this axis disabling stuff because as far as i noticed its no different than the old anti recoils in concept, just a simple matter of testing it out, so if you could explain how this axis disabling works and how it makes it better that would be great. when i used the ones you posted all i experienced was basically something i could have done with the previous software it just would have taken alot of testing if the recoil bounced diagonally or circularly or am i missing something

also i noticed all the green dots are lit in your macros, wouldnt it be better if the user could control the left to right or am i misunderstanding? and everytime i try to save otherwise and i reopen the macro it goes back to all dots lit

You need to be way more specific. I need to know which anti-recoil macro you are using. I can explain why the green dots are lit. On the 10 sensitivity one I made, it controllers a diagonal axis at a few points. For lower sensitivity ones, you want to only have the Y-axis dots lit up.

rawflewaffle

I meant ill help make some if the concept is explained better, for instance if its x or y axis and you use a diagonal line wouldnt that completely defeat the purpose of the feature compared to not using it at all since obviously the macro needs to control both axis to effectively produce the desired effect

and no matter what i do when i save the macro with different green dots when i go back to edit it theyre all lit again

Crimson

rawflewaffle said:
and no matter what i do when i save the macro with different green dots when i go back to edit it theyre all lit again

Maybe that's a bug that needs to be reported to Odin? on a side note I think you have a valid points in the following:
rawflewaffle said:
for instance if its x or y axis and you use a diagonal line wouldnt that completely defeat the purpose of the feature compared to not using it at all since obviously the macro needs to control both axis to effectively produce the desired effect
I would love to understand the controlling feature of the axis a little better too, seems intuitive to me that having control of both axis is a superset of having to control only one axis... but there probably is a reason we are not aware of why this might make anti recoils better...

NYjetsNY1

Anti recoil explained:

-Contains humanized rapid-fire and diagonal axis anti-recoiling.

You may ask, why? Well when you aim, the controller removes the deadzone.

Thus anti-recoiling you are essentially aiming straight downward. This is true. Only need is y-axis.

However, the game gets confused... it is like "OK well for some reason this dude can aim 100% perfectly straight... hmm... odd. That's ok but there is no dead zone no so I must sway left / right."
90/100 times it will sway left if straight down. Therefore I add anti-recoil to down and slight right... so it stays straight.

Very complex stuff.

The new anti-recoils have human-ized rapid-fires as well... therefore you can add anti-recoils at different points.

rawflewaffle

I think you're making it way more complex than it is because from my testing the results were all very similiar and the majority of the swaying was controllable with my aimer like holding in place, i mean obviously for other guns it could be a problem, ill try working on mw2 since i completely cant stand black ops and ill let you know what kind of results i come up with

but still why is it when i disable an axis and check it after i saved it the axis is re enabled(all the lights are green again)

and if in your macro you arent disabling one axis or the other arent you essentially using the exact same thing as before the update since its not taking any more or less control than it did before (for instance in the previous update on my barret recoil i had the stick drag down to a certain degree diagonally so with all axis enabled this would in theory function exactly the same way as before since its just doing it like normal)

odingalt

Staff member

Crimson said:

Mythrandor said:
Found another minor (kinda) bug. If you dbl click a Macro file (not a set) and it opens up in the Viking software, if you then hit the green check mark it crashes the software and shows all kinds of errors.

rawflewaffle said:
I meant ill help make some if the concept is explained better, for instance if its x or y axis and you use a diagonal line wouldnt that completely defeat the purpose of the feature compared to not using it at all since obviously the macro needs to control both axis to effectively produce the desired effect

Thank you very much for reporting these issues. All three of the above issues have been verified. There is no fix yet. The issues have been forwarded to our Windows programmer. These are all priority fixes. Will update you as soon as we have the next software release ready.

oh fudge

odingalt said:
oh fudge said:
yes i am using the beta and new firmware, the problem i'm having is that the burst fire only works every so often, most of the time its just single shot. i've tried both the sample macro you posted and my own 3-4 shot burst macro. and i tried putting the sample macro on a tac switch and it worked perfectly, 2-3 shots every time i pressed the button.

Your macro is wrong then. This is not an issue with the firmware/software. A rapidfire macro that is created for the tac swtich will not work when assigned to the trigger, and vice-versa. This is macro writing 101. Please upload your .VKS.
[/quote]

k heres my vks and the vkm i made

rawflewaffle

nvm assuming because the axis feature isnt completely working i will wait until there is a fix before i start

odingalt

Staff member

rawflewaffle said:
and if in your macro you arent disabling one axis or the other arent you essentially using the exact same thing as before the update since its not taking any more or less control than it did before (for instance in the previous update on my barret recoil i had the stick drag down to a certain degree diagonally so with all axis enabled this would in theory function exactly the same way as before since its just doing it like normal)

No. Before, the macro would control both the X-axis motion and the Y-axis motion (whether you liked it or not). So while it was pulling down to perform anti-recoil, it was also locking your stick dead center, and screwing up your side-to-side aim. The new update lets you completely disable the macro controller's ability to control the x-axis. It will ONLY pull the stick down, but leave you will full control of the left/right movement. In the previous version, left/right movement was choppy because the macro controller was overriding the stick at times during playback of the anti-recoil macro.

NYjetsNY1

rawflewaffle said:
I think you're making it way more complex than it is because from my testing the results were all very similiar and the majority of the swaying was controllable with my aimer like holding in place, i mean obviously for other guns it could be a problem, ill try working on mw2 since i completely cant stand black ops and ill let you know what kind of results i come up with

but still why is it when i disable an axis and check it after i saved it the axis is re enabled(all the lights are green again)

Yes but I am utilizing the loop settings.

rawflewaffle

does that mean if the gun has a diagonal recoil it will mess it up though? because you're disabling its pull diagonally if you disable the axis for more control? like doesnt it require the axis to be controllable by the controller in order to create diagonal pull because its going atleast a little sideways regardless im sure it would improve aiming even on diagonal or circular recoil guns

NYjetsNY1

rawflewaffle said:
does that mean if the gun has a diagonal recoil it will mess it up though? because you're disabling its pull diagonally if you disable the axis for more control? like doesnt it require the axis to be controllable by the controller in order to create diagonal pull because its going atleast a little sideways regardless im sure it would improve aiming even on diagonal or circular recoil guns

Ok listen.

On sensitivity 10, when you aim up and down, it greatly increases sensitivity on the x-axis. You will aim much faster left / right.

Due to the natures of us humans, we can calculate and balance this out - no problem. Besides... this doesn't happen that often.

While anti-recoiling down, the game thinks we are aiming down. So while we are "aiming down" we also are aiming left or right. This spikes the sensitivity up and the stick FLIES over to the side while aiming. It is very difficult to aim.

Not only that, but there is "Swaying"

All in all it is bad.

So I anti-recoil diagonally and have the aim slowed down by having the controller constantly going back to the dead zone. This is why I don't have the x-axis disabled via the software.

If I told the software not to go back to the deadzone, then during the first 15 shots of the M14 your human ability to aim would be terrible at first. You would way overcalculate where to aim.
Sure, you can get used to it. But after the first 15 shots, no more recoil occurs (using extended mags). Your human ability to aim would go haywire and you'd be like "now I need to aim faster??".

It is very complex and I have no experience in anything psych/bio for stuff like this. Just merely guesses and calculations so don't assume I know 100% of what I am talking about here.

I do know about the swaying and such, therefore on high sensitivities I do not disable any axis, only the lower ones. Then you can aim better as well.

rawflewaffle

but for the time being it seems as though testing the difference between enabled and disabled isnt working so im assuming it has to wait until thats fixed for the most part right

NYjetsNY1

rawflewaffle said:
but for the time being it seems as though testing the difference between enabled and disabled isnt working so im assuming it has to wait until thats fixed for the most part right

It works fine for me...

rawflewaffle

when i create a new one or use yours when i try to save it with letsay x axis disabled when i go back to edit it or look at it its re enabled and he said it was a confirmed issue?

NYjetsNY1

rawflewaffle said:
when i create a new one or use yours when i try to save it with letsay x axis disabled when i go back to edit it or look at it its re enabled and he said it was a confirmed issue?

Guess so! Could be different windows... I use XP... maybe you are using windows 7? Point is it does have to be fixed and for right now you'll just have to wait.