Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.5 Beta Testing....

Crimson

Re: Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.2 Beta Testing....

odingalt said:
In the previous version, left/right movement was choppy because the macro controller was overriding the stick at times during playback of the anti-recoil macro.
Ahhh now i understand :)

odingalt

Staff member

oh fudge said:
odingalt said:
[quote="oh fudge":k6uublc7]is there any way to get the burst fire to work properly when i put it on RT without having to put a shift-key thing on a tac switch or w/e, i've tried everything, i just don't want to put the burst fire macro on a tac switch cuz it'd be alot better on RT than on a tac switch

Yes. The example macro posted in this thread does exacly what you're talking about. "I've tried everything" we can't figure out what this means, can you be more specific or maybe even better, post the last .VKS that you tried to get to work? Are you running the beta, or are you just post hijacking? This thread is only for posts related to beta testing please.

yes i am using the beta and new firmware, the problem i'm having is that the burst fire only works every so often, most of the time its just single shot. i've tried both the sample macro you posted and my own 3-4 shot burst macro. and i tried putting the sample macro on a tac switch and it worked perfectly, 2-3 shots every time i pressed the button.[/quote:k6uublc7]

Greetings. The 3-round burst macro I posted is still working perfectly. Thanks for posting your macro, though. I took a look at it, your macro "unsaved_32.vkm" is not set up correctly.

First of all you have it set for 10 shots per second. 10 shots per second is TOO FAST. This was already mentioned earlier in thread. Set your speed lower. 0.85 or lower is a good start for Black ops.

Secondly, you have the slider bars on the trigger set wrong. Please download this example, open it up and look at both the the first and last white dots on each bar on the trigger.

Thirdly, this macro is made to be assigned to the right trigger. If you want one that can be assigned to the macro, it will need to be edited to do so.

odingalt

Staff member

rawflewaffle said:
when i create a new one or use yours when i try to save it with letsay x axis disabled when i go back to edit it or look at it its re enabled and he said it was a confirmed issue?

On my computer, the dots get to the point where they always clear themselves no matter what I set them to.

odingalt

Staff member

Once we work out the kinks of this beta software, I will pick up where I left off with the tutorial videos. Possibly do a weekly series "How to do this". Start out with the basics (how to make rapidfire, how to change the LED's) and work my way up from there. It's hard to explain how this stuff works or even to write a manual for it, a lot easier to show it in a video.

oh fudge

odingalt said:
oh fudge said:
odingalt said:
Yes. The example macro posted in this thread does exacly what you're talking about. "I've tried everything" we can't figure out what this means, can you be more specific or maybe even better, post the last .VKS that you tried to get to work? Are you running the beta, or are you just post hijacking? This thread is only for posts related to beta testing please.

yes i am using the beta and new firmware, the problem i'm having is that the burst fire only works every so often, most of the time its just single shot. i've tried both the sample macro you posted and my own 3-4 shot burst macro. and i tried putting the sample macro on a tac switch and it worked perfectly, 2-3 shots every time i pressed the button.

Greetings. The 3-round burst macro I posted is still working perfectly. Thanks for posting your macro, though. I took a look at it, your macro "unsaved_32.vkm" is not set up correctly.

First of all you have it set for 10 shots per second. 10 shots per second is TOO FAST. This was already mentioned earlier in thread. Set your speed lower. 0.85 or lower is a good start for Black ops.

Secondly, you have the slider bars on the trigger set wrong. Please download this example, open it up and look at both the the first and last white dots on each bar on the trigger.

Thirdly, this macro is made to be assigned to the right trigger. If you want one that can be assigned to the macro, it will need to be edited to do so.

k but im not using the macro for black ops, im using it for mw2 so would 10 sps be fine for like the fal on there? and also i did notice the slider bars on the right trigger on your macro but it didn't look right to me.

thanks for the help.

NYjetsNY1

It is the slider bars, not the speed. Depends on the game though, but leave the slider bars the way they were created.

When the slider bars are on the skinny end and you are holding RT, that causes an RT press. If you have the slider bars to the right side, the fat end, that causes a press... but if you are already holding RT it won't work, thus making the macro not work.

odingalt

Staff member

Slider bars suck, I need to either cover these in a video thoroughly, or change the way slider bars appear. I guess this is as good of a place to post as any - is there something I can do differently with the slider bars to make them more intuitive??? Or maybe just add the words press and release.

The thing that is confusing is you can actually have the macro controller 'force' a trigger 'release'. Meaning even if you press the trigger the macro can override that press and make it like you're NOT holding the trigger. Same goes for joysticks. (Basically the macro controller has full control over joysticks and triggers, but it does NOT have full control over all the other buttons).

Not sure if I just need to make more Youtube instructional videos (like I said earlier a weekly series starting with the basics or something) ... :)

oDEEKo

Apologies if this has been mentioned already...

IIRC, in the previous software versions, when you assigned a button as 'macro toggle' if you selected an led indicator you could then choose the colour of the led indication?

With the current beta the software defaults to showing the led indicator chosen as a light blue colour. On the controller itself the chosen led indicator lights up the same colour as whatever you've set the current page led colour to.

odingalt

Staff member

oDEEKo said:

IIRC, in the previous software versions, when you assigned a button as 'macro toggle' if you selected an led indicator you could then choose the colour of the led indication?

With the current beta the software defaults to showing the led indicator chosen as a light blue colour. On the controller itself the chosen led indicator lights up the same colour as whatever you've set the current page led colour to.

The light blue color doesn't actually mean the LED will be blue. IT's just meant to indicate which quadrant was selected. We never had it setup so you could select a different toggle color actually. Not in any version ever.

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
oDEEKo said:

The light blue color doesn't actually mean the LED will be blue. IT's just meant to indicate which quadrant was selected. We never had it setup so you could select a different toggle color actually. Not in any version ever.

Thanks for the clarification.. I figured that this was the case but wasn't sure.

oDEEKo

odingalt said:

Lol :oops:

Apologies for that, obviously not having a previous software version installed anymore I couldn't check before posting ;) Thanks for the correction :mrgreen:

NYjetsNY1

Try this MW2 Rapid-fire!

Attachments

• MW2 Rapid-Fire RT 22.1 SPS.vkm
    944 bytes · Views: 25

odingalt

Staff member

odingalt said:
Crimson said:
Ok found another bug, but might be a zero-day bug not confined to this version of the .exe/.bin only. Let's say you have 4 pages, one Red, one Green, one Blue. and One Yellow. When you delete the Green page and upload the vks to the controller, you will have page 1 Red( not changed), page 2 "Green" (instead of blue), page 3 Blue (instead of yellow). So in essence, every page after the deleted page will have its color shifted in the controller even though the macro software will show you the correct pages after the deletion. So RGBY, delete G and you get RGB instead of RBY (note that pages are still correct, only talking about the color assigned to them after the deletion). Let me know if you need additional info.

Mythrandor said:
Found another minor (kinda) bug. If you dbl click a Macro file (not a set) and it opens up in the Viking software, if you then hit the green check mark it crashes the software and shows all kinds of errors.

rawflewaffle said:
I meant ill help make some if the concept is explained better, for instance if its x or y axis and you use a diagonal line wouldnt that completely defeat the purpose of the feature compared to not using it at all since obviously the macro needs to control both axis to effectively produce the desired effect

and no matter what i do when i save the macro with different green dots when i go back to edit it theyre all lit again

Thank you very much for reporting these issues. All three of the above issues have been verified. There is no fix yet. The issues have been forwarded to our Windows programmer. These are all priority fixes. Will update you as soon as we have the next software release ready.

These three bugs are now fixed in version 0.8.7.3. Version 0.8.7.3 is available for download using the links in the first post on this page. Thanks for reporting your issues.

Re: Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.3 Beta Testing....

The Page Delete Bug is still there, just different. if you open up my .vks and try to delete the last page (Red) it should delete the red page, but instead it deletes the page before it (purple) and makes my old purple page red.

Attachments

• BO - USMC.vks
    63.7 KB · Views: 15

rawflewaffle

I feel stupid for asking this but how do i go about just upgrading the software to the new fix

NYjetsNY1

rawflewaffle said:
I feel stupid for asking this but how do i go about just upgrading the software to the new fix

Download the new software on the first page of this thread, and it automatically updates it.

odingalt

Staff member

Mythrandor said:
The Page Delete Bug is still there, just different. if you open up my .vks and try to delete the last page (Red) it should delete the red page, but instead it deletes the page before it (purple) and makes my old purple page red.

Repeated the bug on my setup, thanks for reporting. I sent it back to the developer...

NYjetsNY1

new humanized rapid-fire for testing as well as testing .vks file with many speeds.

Attachments

• Beta human vks.vks
    32.3 KB · Views: 20
  • BETA humanized rapid-fire.vkm
    880 bytes · Views: 26

odingalt

Staff member

odingalt said:
Mythrandor said:

Repeated the bug on my setup, thanks for reporting. I sent it back to the developer...

Ok try again in 0.8.7.4... download link posted in the first post.

odingalt

Staff member

Ok folks I think I am going to put 0.8.7.4 on the main website for general public consumption... any last minute concerns from anybody before I do?