May 2014 Beta Testing Thread (Random Firing with Berserker Controller)

Bernard

Playing COD Ghosts and my controller will randomly fire a shot. I've tried a couple different runes and they all do it. Is this something with my runes or my controller? Anyone else having the same issue. It's really bad if I'm charging while playing. Unplug charging cord and it seems to only happen randomly versus more frequently while charging. Any thoughts or ideas what might be the issue? Wasn't sure if a wire inside the controller might be touching something that would cause this? Seems to be only happening with RT, no other buttons affected that I know of.

bonefisher

Did you update the controller on xbox one in the settings then system then update controller? Try that and let me know if that works!

jerrod710

I had the same issue with mine then that problem went away then it started to just make my character look slowly straight to the ground and loss of all ls movement. They had me send mine in so they could look at it. Odin wanted to look at it personally. Hope you get yours worked out. I updated my controller and that's what fixed it just randomly firing a shot but then it just started the whole slowly looking straight to the ground thing with no ls control.

bonefisher

I had the same issue with mine then that problem went away then it started to just make my character look slowly straight to the ground and loss of all ls movement. They had me send mine in so they could look at it. Odin wanted to look at it personally. Hope you get yours worked out. I updated my controller and that's what fixed it just randomly firing a shot but then it just started the whole slowly looking straight to the ground thing with no ls control.
Did you have a ant-recoil on it when that was going on?

Bernard

Did you update the controller on xbox one in the settings then system then update controller? Try that and let me know if that works!

I hadn't updated the controller with Xbox One. Just did it now and then loaded another rune pack on. Still happening. This time I put an Akimbo rune pack on with a Riot shield. I can set the controller down and every 20 seconds or so the riot shield will activate (strike) on it's own. When I switch to the Akimbo guns they will fire a single shot each every 20 seconds or so. Doesn't happen as often if I'm unplugged from the charger.

odingalt

Staff member
Is there any difference between rechargeable pack and regular batteries? Are you using the "3-17-2014" firmware?

I'm on the job, what I might do is send you a few different test firmwares to see if I can make the problem better or worse (I'd take either -- even if I can make it worse at least then it gives me more clues).

[Does it help at all to re-sync the controller with the console? Does it do it when you are plugged into the console with the USB cable? When I was testing a few months back, when I went into the other room, I would get a lot of weirdness. It had to do with proximity of the controller to the console. When I walked back into the room with the console it went back to normal. Wondering if re-syncing would put it on a new channel on 2.4Ghz and cut back on any possible interference issues with other devices.]

Sorry for all the questions, just looking for as much info as possible so I can try to recreate the problem here and get working on it. I'm not exactly sure which side of the ball we should be looking (firmware issue in general, or hardware issue with your controller).

Last edited:

bonefisher

I sent him a rune pack to try out ! My Ghost Attack Pack which I don't even have any problems! Then go from there I guess!

Bernard

Is there any difference between rechargeable pack and regular batteries? Are you using the "3-17-2014" firmware?

I'm on the job, what I might do is send you a few different test firmwares to see if I can make the problem better or worse (I'd take either -- even if I can make it worse at least then it gives me more clues).

[Does it help at all to re-sync the controller with the console? Does it do it when you are plugged into the console with the USB cable? When I was testing a few months back, when I went into the other room, I would get a lot of weirdness. It had to do with proximity of the controller to the console. When I walked back into the room with the console it went back to normal. Wondering if re-syncing would put it on a new channel on 2.4Ghz and cut back on any possible interference issues with other devices.]

Sorry for all the questions, just looking for as much info as possible so I can try to recreate the problem here and get working on it. I'm not exactly sure which side of the ball we should be looking (firmware issue in general, or hardware issue with your controller).

I haven't tried with just regular batteries, but I can test it tomorrow. I am using the 3-17-2014 firmware.

My computer is in another room so I turn the controller off..hold the Xbox button until the option to turn off console or turn off controller comes up. Then select turn off controller.
Then I connect to the USB to mini-USB to the programming port (bottom), then press and hold LB+RB+Power button until lights turn on and flicker. Then I plug in the second USB to mini-USB into the power charging mini USB port (front). Then install the rune pack using the software. Once done, I unplug both USB to mini USB's and go back out to the other room and hold the controllers power button.

It does happen way more often with the Akimbo rune pack and when I have the controller plugged into the charging cable. I can set the controller down and then for example the riot shield (COD Ghosts) will strike with nothing touching any of the buttons. Or if I have the pistols out they will fire a single round.

Let me test this out some more with the different rune packs to see if I see a pattern. Right now I always see it with an Akimbo setup with a riot shield. I usually add an activate on/off tac button (tac button #1).

One thing I wasn't sure about was the "Select Playback Behavior"...in order to get my runes with Akimbo to work I have to set it to: "Loop until release, then play once more". Could this be the issue?

bonefisher

Here is what I noticed with xbox one charge and play battery! So far if you have it off and decide to turn on you xbox with it! It justs turns the on button light on but no mod led lights! I have to pull battery and then start controller back up which then it shows everything on! Ok just tested with regular batteries and turns everything on the first time! If I'm correct even the xbox battery has some type of memory chip in there which mite be going with the original controller all the way or maybe holds the first born memory in there! LOL! IDK but something is up with that battery! Has this happen to anyone?

Bernard

Odingalt - I was able to reproduce the same behavior with batties. However, bonefisher let me try his rune pack and with his I don't get random shots..ect. My guess at this point it has something to do with the way I'm building my rune / rune pack. Maybe I'm missing a step or adding a step that I shouldn't be that causes the odd random single shot behavior. I've dropped my rune pack off for Bonefisher to play with and see if he gets the same behavior on his controller. I'll report back to this thread if I discover anything else. Thank you Odingalt and bonefisher for your help with this...much appreciated.

odingalt

Staff member
Hmmm... keep this thread updated, if there is a bug I want to squash it. If it's something else, I want to make it more user friendly.

bonefisher

Hmmm... keep this thread updated, if there is a bug I want to squash it. If it's something else, I want to make it more user friendly.
Here are some bugs for you to work out. Throughly tested a few hundred times with just a simple rapid fire which was on default setting in the playback behavior which have not checked them all out yet for issues and a strafe left to right....here is the results of the testing. Strafe left to right. When joystick axis behavior is in option free movement/ Playback Behavior on loop until release, then play once more. Everything worked with this setup....now once I put option left/ right only on the joystick axis behavior my left movement on the rune went right soon as I clicked on that option! Which I didn't even try to play! Went back clicked on free movement and it went back to my left movement once more. I went on to playback behavior and selected: Loop until release, then stop. Tested that in game which it went back and fourth a few times and then stayed going left with no control and only option was to pull battery to stop it! On with my test, went to rune and selected loop until release, then play once more. This option is working! Selected: Loop until second press, then play once more. This option is also working! Selected: Loop until second press, then stop. This option has issues! Started off a couple of times back and fourth then stayed going left til I pulled battery...Selected: Play Once. Seems to be working fine. Selected: Play once, stop early on button release. Also this option has issues, player stayed left til pulled battery. To be Continued!