May 2014 Beta Testing Thread (Random Firing with Berserker Controller)

bonefisher

Spoke to soon had some mods shut off on me, they were on all the time also without any activate/deactivate...pulled battery to reset... so far only one time..

bonefisher

OK something new......I made a new silent auto spot for Battlefield 4 to go on my Right Bumper to loop until second press, then stop. I made this to stay on all the time. It would not loop on the RB, stop on first pass. So knowing something up already, decided to put on a tac....Oh by the way I also needed to carry this in the rune pass 1s so I used LED Bottom Right to bring it to my mark....Also this works like a dream on left trigger already using with sniper breath to carry pass the 1s....kept my bottom right led open to use because it would come on showing this rune was on when hitting the tac #3... When testing, my rapid fire led shut off and my bottom right led came on and the rune worked like a dream but my rapid fire was off.. I set everything to be on all the time and all simple runes. Also used jump on tac #2 which went off too...I hit my tac#1 to change my rapid fires and it went back to working and light back on but then my auto spot was not working... So I hit the tac#3 and the light went off and hit again to activate the rune, light back on, auto spot working like a charm and no rapid fire again but it didn't mess with shutting off my jump tac#2 button this time. Went back and fourth with auto spot being on and rapid fire off vise-a- versa affect.. something must be tide in with the playback button causing this.... Please take a look!

odingalt

Staff member
OK something new......I made a new silent auto spot for Battlefield 4 to go on my Right Bumper to loop until second press, then stop. I made this to stay on all the time. It would not loop on the RB, stop on first pass. So knowing something up already, decided to put on a tac....Oh by the way I also needed to carry this in the rune pass 1s so I used LED Bottom Right to bring it to my mark....Also this works like a dream on left trigger already using with sniper breath to carry pass the 1s....kept my bottom right led open to use because it would come on showing this rune was on when hitting the tac #3... When testing, my rapid fire led shut off and my bottom right led came on and the rune worked like a dream but my rapid fire was off.. I set everything to be on all the time and all simple runes. Also used jump on tac #2 which went off too...I hit my tac#1 to change my rapid fires and it went back to working and light back on but then my auto spot was not working... So I hit the tac#3 and the light went off and hit again to activate the rune, light back on, auto spot working like a charm and no rapid fire again but it didn't mess with shutting off my jump tac#2 button this time. Went back and fourth with auto spot being on and rapid fire off vise-a- versa affect.. something must be tide in with the playback button causing this.... Please take a look!

Uhh.. that is a really long sentence. I am in your account. Which runepack should I test with?:

BF4 Pack
BATTLEFIELD 4 PREMIUM PACK
Battlefield 4 Extreme Pack

Once I get the pack loaded are there any particular mods I can play with that will cause it to mess up faster than others?

odingalt

Staff member
I am playing with your BATTLEFIELD 4 PREMIUM PACK, turning mods on and off and changing pages back and forth and boy is this thing whacked out! Eventually the LED status gets to the point it makes no sense. Will get to work.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok, that was easy. This attached beta build appears to fix the issues with the LED's going berserker (PUN INTENDED) when you are changing pages and toggling mods on and off. [Note, the -001 designator in the file name is just in case I release more than one beta in the same day. It seems that when changing pages, the buffer that remembers which group indication LED's are supposed to be on or off was not getting fully cleared.]

ATTACHMENT REMOVED. NEWER FIRMWARE ISSUED.

Last edited:

bonefisher

I am playing with your BATTLEFIELD 4 PREMIUM PACK, turning mods on and off and changing pages back and forth and boy is this thing whacked out! Eventually the LED status gets to the point it makes no sense. Will get to work.
That one had issues also but try the Battlefield Extreme Pack! Just can test quick, going to work! That was working but then went hay wire! Got a red light now on all the time showing but your real close, working alot better! Still has issues will do more testing when getting home tonight!

bonefisher

On the battlefield 4 extreme pack you have that working until you ADS and rapid fire. Also throws up a red light which I don't have red on that one page tester! Everything goes wacky, thinking something is tied together causing issues....Give it a check to see for yourself!

Make sure too ADS fast back and fourth to see tac#3 go on/off...

Last edited:

bonefisher

Also check out Battlefield 4 ASSAULT......something is really wacky......doing something to test out if I could but not knowing if it would allow. When I start adding the anti-recoil down then left and right. Seems like if the ADS makes it shut down but will act correct hip firing til everything shuts down.

odingalt

Staff member
I cannot repeat the random red light problem that you have mentioned. I will keep playing around with the Battlefield 4 Extreme Pack and post back later.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
A-hah! Random LED in Quadrant 2. Changed pages and now my Quadrant 2 LED is acting like it's dead.

I had to randomly mash a ton of buttons at the same time to get this to happen. Will have to keep doing this over and over until it makes some sort of sense to me.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm on Page 1. Pull batteries and booted up mod and Quadrant 2 LED is still off, and holding D-PAD Up doesn't turn it on like it should.

But I was able to get Quadrant 2 LED restored by scrolling to the next rapidfire mode. Scrolling to the next rapidfire mode by pressign mod switch #1 gives me two blinks on Quadrant 2, and now I can hold D-PAD up and toggle rapidfire on and off again.

Continuing testing...

odingalt

Staff member
Hmm what the hell, managed to lock it up again. No red LED this time though. I think the random red LED might just be coincidental or random, meaning it's a symptom of whatever bug is going on but probably not going to be very useful in figuring this bug out.

odingalt

Staff member
A-haaah!

Wow, I definitely found a big bug in the source code, and this particular bug could have been causing your problems. The bug I found was fixed and the new beta test firmware is attached to this post. I spent some time testing with this attached firmware, trying to get the "Random red LED" problem to come back. Seems to be working much much better. Try it out! I'll wait for bonefisher to comment on this build before claiming victory.

[By the way bonefisher, after playing with your runepacks, I found out that really love the true auto sprint you have (flick left stick up and it sprints automatically).]

ATTACHMENT REMOVED. NEWER FIRMWARE ISSUED.

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

A-haaah!

Wow, I definitely found a big bug in the source code, and this particular bug could have been causing your problems. The bug I found was fixed and the new beta test firmware is attached to this post. I spent some time testing with this attached firmware, trying to get the "Random red LED" problem to come back. Seems to be working much much better. Try it out! I'll wait for bonefisher to comment on this build before claiming victory.

[By the way bonefisher, after playing with your runepacks, I found out that really love the true auto sprint you have (flick left stick up and it sprints automatically).]

You seem to have this thing under control, must admit I am now holding back until I see/hear the word "EURIKA", before starting over with the final firmware and start to build new runes ... thank you both ..... Btw,I take back my earlier post comment, you are both genius's .......

bonefisher

A-haaah!

A quick test and out the door to work... seemed that I didn't get the red led but still had my run shut down at random...Gotta go, test more when I get home......Getting real close now!

bonefisher

Can't wait for these issues to clear up, so I can really show you some rune packs. I don't have anything to record for you tube video!
Once you get done with the flaws I'll make a special rune pack just to show off the Berserker for a you tube vid! So you can record and post up!