mobile site?

Xx Binno xX

Any way Viking could get a mobile forms going? I am always on the site with my HTC evo. Would be amazing if we could get one. Other news osama bin laden is dead finally kalalalalala

NYjetsNY1

XxbinnoxX said:
I don't have a problem with browsing the forums either but it would be nice for a mobile site if it is possible

Maybe in the future. For now, it works perfectly well on my Droid X.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I doubt it will ever be needed, phones will only work better and better with the types of sites already being used.

NYjetsNY1

PS3andCOD said:
I doubt it will ever be needed, phones will only work better and better with the types of sites already being used.

Oh so true. Can't wait for those quad core tegra 3s!

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:

I gotta disagree with you on this one, mane!!!

Anyone with a phone that has either the Android Market or the Apple Market, or whatever F'in Market you got one your phone and search & DL the XDA-developers app.....
Use that app and then go to either XDA website on your phone's internet or your PC and let me know which was better to use on your phone?

Yes the Viking forums work OK on a mobile device, but could be so much better...Trust me... But after talking with E' it might happen sooner than later for Viking360....

XxbinnoxX said:
I might get that HTC evo 3D

Yeah I buying this beast as soon as it drops!!!

modded matt

odingalt

Staff member
I'm ditching PHPBB altogether for vBulletin as soon as I have a chance to try to make the conversion. PHPBB = total crap, lots of bugs and security holes.

modded matt

look at smf.... I have tried them all, smf gives more control to the management team, It just takes more work to set up. It will do everything vb will, without using all the resources and its still free like phpbb.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

modded matt said:
look at smf.... I have tried them all, smf gives more control to the management team, It just takes more work to set up. It will do everything vb will, without using all the resources and its still free like phpbb.
vBulletin is just as glitchy as PHPBB i agree with MM here and recomend SMF too

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks guys we will check out SMF. It will be awhile before we make the switch, I spent a whole bunch of time setting up a custom server and re-installing the latest PHPBB3 from scratch only to find out the problem must be in our theme file or buried in our DB somewhere. This installation of PHPBB3corrupts itself over time introducing all sorts of little quirky bugs. :-( I'd just like to get to something stable.

Xx Binno xX

odingalt said:
Thanks guys we will check out SMF. It will be awhile before we make the switch, I spent a whole bunch of time setting up a custom server and re-installing the latest PHPBB3 from scratch only to find out the problem must be in our theme file or buried in our DB somewhere. This installation of PHPBB3corrupts itself over time introducing all sorts of little quirky bugs. :-( I'd just like to get to something stable.

Well sense you are going to be switching to another type of layout you think you could add it so people can post videos on the forums? "Share" youtube videos.