mobile site?

Fredrow

NEpatsNE1 said:
modded matt said:
look at smf.... I have tried them all, smf gives more control to the management team, It just takes more work to set up. It will do everything vb will, without using all the resources and its still free like phpbb.
vBulletin is just as glitchy as PHPBB i agree with MM here and recomend SMF too

M1A1 your crazy kid..... vBulletin works like a champ... No way is it as buggy as PHPBB is....

Everyone should go and checkout
XDA-Developers and see how there forum is setup. Its super clean and smooth operating.

Xx Binno xX

Fredrow said:
NEpatsNE1 said:
modded matt said:
look at smf.... I have tried them all, smf gives more control to the management team, It just takes more work to set up. It will do everything vb will, without using all the resources and its still free like phpbb.
vBulletin is just as glitchy as PHPBB i agree with MM here and recomend SMF too

M1A1 your crazy kid..... vBulletin works like a champ... No way is it as buggy as PHPBB is....

Everyone should go and checkout
XDA-Developers and see how there forum is setup. Its super clean and smooth operating.
XDA has a amazing forums set up

odingalt

Staff member
No mobile site in my plans for 2011 and probably not in 2012 either. Too many other pots on the burner. Phone bandwidth is increasing and so are screen sizes. I just look at the 'regular' site on my 4G Verizon Samsung Droid Charge.

NYjetsNY1

The 4G Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic is releasing August 4th (not 100% confirmed, but highly likely).

The specs are completely double that of the Droid Charge. I will be getting it.

Sorry I just had to say it :p

odingalt

Staff member
I hate the Droid Charge. Total piece of garbage. Although I blame Verizon's custom firmware. As always, there is the manufacturer firmware, and then there's Verizon's "tweaker" version of it that comes out 3-4 months late.

NYjetsNY1

The Charge is complete garbage, although P3DROID seems to think otherwise. It would be smart to root it and install his version of android 2.3.4. I heard the battery life nearly doubles and speeds are almost doubled as well. I heard nothing but goodness from the charge once installed P3DROID's things.

Although I really just can't wait for that bionic lol. I'm sure many devs will work on it, and that it'll be rooted + filled with goodness soon. 1.2 Ghz Dual-Core Processor, and since its OMAP4, most likely able to overclock it to at least 1.5 Ghz / each core. Not to mention the RAM is DDR2 and 1GB. I'm sure this phone will be a killer and not bore me out for 2 years, hopefully at least.

Only problem is it has the 1st generation LTE in it. LTE adds decreased battery life + fatter phone.

In 2012, the LTE chips or whatnot will be smaller and take less battery life away from the phone (so I've heard).

That's the one degrading thing from the Bionic. It's fat and the battery life won't be spectacular.

Last edited by a moderator:

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

The Charge is complete garbage, although P3DROID seems to think otherwise. It would be smart to root it and install his version of android 2.3.4. I heard the battery life nearly doubles and speeds are almost doubled as well. I heard nothing but goodness from the charge once installed P3DROID's things.

Although I really just can't wait for that bionic lol. I'm sure many devs will work on it, and that it'll be rooted + filled with goodness soon. 1.2 Ghz Dual-Core Processor, and since its OMAP4, most likely able to overclock it to at least 1.5 Ghz / each core. Not to mention the RAM is DDR2 and 1GB. I'm sure this phone will be a killer and not bore me out for 2 years, hopefully at least.

Only problem is it has the 1st generation LTE in it. LTE adds decreased battery life + fatter phone.

In 2012, the LTE chips or whatnot will be smaller and take less battery life away from the phone (so I've heard).

That's the one degrading thing from the Bionic. It's fat and the battery life won't be spectacular.
sounds disgusting! oh and um sure you will be able to buy upgraded batteries to add life.