MORTAL KOMBAT X creating combos

noonoo390

when this game comes out i will be trying my best to make combos like the video.

the hard thing to do when creating runes is to get the timing down, and trying to execute the combo with
human players so any tips would be helpful.

for example when making a combo online how long should the button press be, sometimes if the button doesn't press for more then one sec it will not register as a press, stuff like that.

i know i can use the record feature but to me that seems to take longer.
the key is to make combos that's not too long and make sure it works on both left and right side
and that its not you main way of fighting but to complement how u want to play .

noonoo390

it looks like imma have to use the recording macro feature to create macro combos because doing it on the computer is actually pressing the combo so fast that its not working

modded matt

agreed. once you have the game, use the record feature to get a good idea of the timing then build from there. I spent a whole day perfecting the timing for my Killer instinct combo set. lots of trial and error, and it will only get you close. Lag can affect this as well as personal preference.

such is true with any device (viking, cronus max, titan, etc)

noonoo390

thanks for the tips bonefisher and modded matt i recorded a macro on killer instinct and found out how to time the combos it worked perfect im so excited for this new mortal kombat game

noonoo390

ok so i had some time to play around with the game for now i just created some special move macros and use these with combos i practice, its gonna be real hard trying to create 10 hit combos especially if you want to use them online

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I would just try to set all my commands @ 100 MS holds and 100MS releases. This seems to be the most humanized speed I can think of. Think about this, how many times can u mash a button in one second? If your fast I'd say 5 times. That's 100 MS pull and 100MS release. Now if I was doinig a finishing move let's say, I'd set all my directional moves with the d pad. Then I'd set a speed @ say 75MS hold and release times as typically directional movements are faster motions then mashing buttons. I bet if u just find a humanized bench mark of speed to put the command list of combos u will achieve the moves your trying to replicate.

modded matt

The problem is the online factor. You are not going to have alot of luck with 10 hit combos. Not saying the controller wont do it, its just going to be problematic due tot he human aspect. I would focus on short combos and linking them together manually in fight so you can adjust as needed.

When I did killer instinct, I used all 4 tacts and all 4 d pad directions to activate my combos. (giving me 8 slots)

noonoo390

what modded matt said is true i created special moves instead and just learned some combos to string along with the runes it works better that way

noonoo390

check this out i created a button mash rune but i put in all the character combos in one rune to button mash with one press lol look at my clip

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
In case anyone hasent seen this, here is a guide to changing the settings to perform combos correctly.

Changing these settings will greatly improve your chances of performing combos.

noonoo390

OK MODDED MATT I THOUGHTOF SOMETHING , THERE IS LAG ONLINE THAT CAN AFFECT YOU RUNE COMBO BUT LETS SAY THERE IS NO LAG WHAT I WOULD DO IS USE A CHARACTER LIKE SUB ZERO THAT FREEZE HIS OPPONETS AND THEN ONCE THERE FROZEEN I CAN USE A RUNE COMBO FROM THERE SINCE THERE FROZEN THEY CANT MOVE THATS HOW I WOULD USE THE CONTROLLER , FIND CHARACTERS THAT STUN OPPONETS AND FROM THERE SEE IF A 10 HIT COMBO WOULD WORK . IM TRYING BUT FOR NOW I STICK TO JUST SHORT COMBOS