my controller wont connect 2 da laptop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxx rude nw xxx

HELP!!!!!!!
everytime i connect my controller 2 my laptop it comes up with a message sayin " one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it" and my mods on the controller stopped working like ill b using jitter and ill b in da middle of shootin sum1 n it jus stops, then i got 2 turn my controller on and off again

NYjetsNY1

Alright... Make sure you are using fresh batteries.

Get into program mode by having no batteries in. Hold start. Put in the fresh batteries while still holding start.

Repeat until you are in programming mode.

Then plug your controller in. YOU MUST HAVE BRAND NEW BATTERIES.

xxx rude nw xxx

ive done that i charge my pad till its green on little light on the wire
in its stuck in that mode with 2 leds even wen im playin xbox its still on

NYjetsNY1

xxx rude nw xxx said:

Use batteries, not rechargeable while programming.

xxx rude nw xxx

NYjetsNY1 said:
xxx rude nw xxx said:

ite kool im gonna buy sum 2moro
den ill holla at u n tell if its working.

NYjetsNY1

xxx rude nw xxx said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
[quote="xxx rude nw xxx":6fzlqgjx]ive done that i charge my pad till its green on little light on the wire

ite kool im gonna buy sum 2moro
den ill holla at u n tell if its working.[/quote:6fzlqgjx]

Alright microsoft has a lot of bugs with rechargeable batteries they make so they sometimes mess with the macro controller - I suggest when programming use non-rechargeable batteries and keeping the rechargeable battery pack always charged. When you have weakened batteries - the macro controller won't work as well.

odingalt

Staff member
xxx rude nw xxx said:

If you power up with the GUIDE button, do the LED's turn on normal?

And if you power up with the START button instead, do two of the LED's turn on either white or pink?

xxx rude nw xxx

odingalt said:
xxx rude nw xxx said:

If you power up with the GUIDE button, do the LED's turn on normal?

And if you power up with the START button instead, do two of the LED's turn on either white or pink?

yea it lights up pink/white when i press the start button
but wen i press the GUIDE nuffin happens no LED's turn on it still turns my xbox on then like after 10mins of playin it shows da pink/white LED's
then if i take the batteries out n put dem bak in it jus goes on the pink/white

xxx rude nw xxx

NYjetsNY1 said:
Sounds like you need to update your firmware... try it.

http://viking360.com/download-software- ... back-moves

Update the firmware there.

Guide video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5oVuclvuoM

If your controller has the pink and white leds player 1 and 4 and when you plug it into the computer and it says usb driver not working then let me know. If not, update the firmware and you'll be good to go.

yea it comes up with a message sayin one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it.

NYjetsNY1

xxx rude nw xxx said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

If your controller has the pink and white leds player 1 and 4 and when you plug it into the computer and it says usb driver not working then let me know. If not, update the firmware and you'll be good to go.

yea it comes up with a message sayin one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it.

Has it always been like this? What was it like before this? What did you do that caused this to happen?

xxx rude nw xxx

NYjetsNY1 said:
xxx rude nw xxx said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

Has it always been like this? What was it like before this? What did you do that caused this to happen?
it been working fine since i got it. then it just started playin up e.g jitter wud stop workin as im shootin sum1. then then LS stop workin so i couldnt snipe properly. soooo i looked on ere n seen tat u say 2 people up date the fireware so i did it. but then after that is wen the LED's topped workin n it wud stay in that bootloader mode.

NYjetsNY1

Sounds like you messed up the flashing of the firmware process. When you updated the firmware, did you follow the steps exactly? Did you miss a step or use the wrong firmware / wrong software... did you have the viking software open at the same time as the firmware?

When did you purchase your controller?

xxx rude nw xxx

NYjetsNY1 said:
Sounds like you messed up the flashing of the firmware process. When you updated the firmware, did you follow the steps exactly? Did you miss a step or use the wrong firmware / wrong software... did you have the viking software open at the same time as the firmware?

yea i did it properly well i followed da video. the viking software wasn't open cos it wouldn't let me update it with it open. i ordered it in october.

NYjetsNY1

xxx rude nw xxx said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

yea i did it properly well i followed da video. the viking software wasn't open cos it wouldn't let me update it with it open. i ordered it in october.

PM odingalt about this. You are past the 90 day warranty but ask odingalt what to do. You'll have to send it back.

xxx rude nw xxx

NYjetsNY1 said:
xxx rude nw xxx said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

PM odingalt about this. You are past the 90 day warranty but ask odingalt what to do. You'll have to send it back.

i jus sent him a pm. dis is gonna cost me nuff MONEY init?????

NYjetsNY1

I'm not sure. You are passed your warranty and you broke the controller drivers by flashing it incorrectly. I maybe wrong and there could be a short.

You may or may not have to pay for shipping or a fix. Odingalt will decide. That's Y I said to PM him.

xxx rude nw xxx

NYjetsNY1 said:
I'm not sure. You are passed your warranty and you broke the controller drivers by flashing it incorrectly. I maybe wrong and there could be a short.

You may or may not have to pay for shipping or a fix. Odingalt will decide. That's Y I said to PM him.

ITE DEN KOOL. FANKS 4 UR HELP

odingalt

Staff member
Open up a support ticket so you can get it shipped in so our staff can take a look at it for you.

NYjetsNY1

xAciDx ReVeNgE said:
this is exactly what happened to me...ODIN come on,Your controllers shouldnt be doing this. Find me a fix because im past my warranty to and if im not the only one with this problem its your software

Are you serious? You are going to blame odingalt and say "your controllers shouldn't be doing this" ???

My iPod died out of the blue once. Brand new too. Should I go on an apple forum and say, "hey Steve Jobs... your iPods shouldn't be doing this."

Maybe, maybe not. But the point is that things happen. Problems occur.

If this is a problem that is our fault we will fix it. It can be a short, a PCB failure, many things. But you can't just say "your controllers shouldn't be doing this"

Open up a support ticket if you can't get it working after reading my post in the thread next to this one.

You will probably have to pay for shipping. Why? This is to make sure you aren't just someone who tampered with the controller and are looking for a free fix. If you pay for shipping, we look at it and it hasn't been tampered with, we fix it. If it has been tampered with, we send it back.

"What if I buy a viking360 macro controller or legacy controller from a third party (craigslist, e-bay, 'from a friend') can I send it back for repairs if it doesn't work?
No. The 90-day warranty only applies to the original purchaser. Furthermore, while there are some repairs that we will perform (sometimes for free) even outside the 90-day warranty, we do not offer any repair service to owners who did not purchase directly from Viking360.com.

If you are concerned about warranty, only buy a controller directly from Viking360.com if you want to be covered. For modchip, modchip wiring or manufacturer's defects in the controller, you can send the controller back for free repairs for 90 days. After 90 days, some issues may still be repaired for free (we just ask that you pay shipping). Under no circumstances will we make any repairs if the warranty sticker is missing and/or the controller has been abused or tampered with.

We have adopted this policy to be fair to our repair shop - we have seen a few tampered or poor 'do it yourself' installs that customers have attempted to return to our shop. We should not be expected to repair controllers that we didn't install in the first place, nor should we be expected to repair controllers that damaged due to tampering or abuse. "

Status
Not open for further replies.