New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

Alisdairextreme

Well the new controller has already arrived thats the Ragnarok. What games do you mainly play and what are you looking to do with your controller?
I normally play fps and rpg games,sometime i also play sports games.My DSL line is not very powerfull, and whenever possible, i'd like to play with a controller that can help me to have more control,to be more faster and more responsive.I think,much more, than a traditional controller.Thanks.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Well a little breakdown is that the Ragnarok is mainly focused on the FPS games. As in the macro controller is more open to every game out there. You can pretty much find an advantage in every game and exploit it with the macro controller by simply making a macro for it and flashing it to your controller. Yes it is expensive however you get what you pay for pretty much.

Alisdairextreme

Well a little breakdown is that the Ragnarok is mainly focused on the FPS games. As in the macro controller is more open to every game out there. You can pretty much find an advantage in every game and exploit it with the macro controller by simply making a macro for it and flashing it to your controller. Yes it is expensive however you get what you pay for pretty much.
In summary, the Viking has six additional buttons which in fact are fully programmable, loading or making the macros.So using the example of fps games,you can have drop shot, sniper breath,quickscope,turbo knife,programmable rapid fire,fast reload all simultaneously available through extra buttons equipment.Is it right or not?

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
That is correct but that only covers one page you can have up to 16 pages I think. So if you were to use all of those pages you would have a lot of mods on your macro at one time however you would have to free up one tac switch for a page right or left. Keep in mind you can assign macros to stock buttons too however only one macro per stock button and the button wont cancel so if you were to make a rapid fire you would want it on RT since if you put it on lets say button A it would still press button A. Where you can go from there is assigning a tac switch as a toggle and that allows you to turn on and off the macro at the press of a button. Dont know if that made sense or not however you can ask anything to clarify.

Alisdairextreme

That is correct but that only covers one page you can have up to 16 pages I think. So if you were to use all of those pages you would have a lot of mods on your macro at one time however you would have to free up one tac switch for a page right or left. Keep in mind you can assign macros to stock buttons too however only one macro per stock button and the button wont cancel so if you were to make a rapid fire you would want it on RT since if you put it on lets say button A it would still press button A. Where you can go from there is assigning a tac switch as a toggle and that allows you to turn on and off the macro at the press of a button. Dont know if that made sense or not however you can ask anything to clarify.
In addition to being able to create the macros, i think it's practical to rely on extra buttons.I suppose i'll invest my money in viking 360 macro controller.Thanks for your opinion.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
In addition to being able to create the macros, i think it's practical to rely on extra buttons.I suppose i'll invest my money in viking 360 macro controller.Thanks for your opinion.

Your welcome Im always here around the forums so if you need any help dont be shy! You wont be disappointed in your controller.

Alisdairextreme

Your welcome Im always here around the forums so if you need any help dont be shy! You wont be disappointed in your controller.
Hi MJ, i placed my order for viking right now(a lot of money...lol).I want also to tank you for your tutorials and i really hope that your support and the viking digital support about the macros, can goes on without problems.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Ill always be here. I like giving you guys support. Making you feel welcomed into the community haha. But again any questions you can ask me on here or I have my gamertag in the description I always make room for friend requests. The support will definitely continue. Your welcome for those tutorials though Im glad you found something useful in them.

garnet2k11

I also just did myself yesterday too. Ordering one officially for 415 dollars here on viking. I know some people here have said they've gotten at least 2 before, for backup purposes and such, but i just couldn't risk not getting a brand new one before they'd all be permenately sold out.

I was about to send in the one i had to odingalt and the shop, but i just felt really bad honestly. Just if some chance maybe it wasn't able to be fixed, after getting there and back to me, and then all the controllers were sold out, i'll have lost my chance for good.
So i just had to purchase a new one before being too late.

Are they already pre-updated with the latest current 0.8.7.3 firmware ? I think i saw in a thead somewhere that all are if purchased after december 2011 i think. I just wondered

Last edited:

PuckJunkie

Well, I went to buy one today. This is twice in a few days I've gone online specifically to buy one and seen a price increase of $50. I realize you are trying to maximize the revenue from your existing inventory, but don't you think this is one too many kicks in the balls for prospective customers? Two $50 price increases in a week? Frustrated barely describes what I feel. Last week I found out the $250 controller I wanted to buy was raised to $300. When I go to buy that $300 product on Monday and find it's now $350, I have to wait to Thursday. Then I try to buy it for $350 and it's now $400. I feel like I'm dealing with an extremely sleazy used car dealer.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I also just did myself yesterday too. Ordering one officially for 415 dollars here on viking. I know some people here have said they've gotten at least 2 before, for backup purposes and such, but i just couldn't risk not getting a brand new one before they'd all be permenately sold out.

I was about to send in the one i had to odingalt and the shop, but i just felt really bad honestly. Just if some chance maybe it wasn't able to be fixed, after getting there and back to me, and then all the controllers were sold out, i'll have lost my chance for good.
So i just had to purchase a new one before being too late.

Are they already pre-updated with the latest current 0.8.7.3 firmware ? I think i saw in a thead somewhere that all are if purchased after december 2011 i think. I just wondered

Yes it will come with the latest firmware.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
i have a black serpent macro that im willing to sale.

You will have to negotiate on a different site as it is not allowed to be sold on the forums. If you have an ebay account with 100% feedback you are allowed to post the link however nothing else.

jpearl81

You will have to negotiate on a different site as it is not allowed to be sold on the forums. If you have an ebay account with 100% feedback you are allowed to post the link however nothing else.

Should i post the ebay link here or make a new thread?

Seems

Thinking about picking up a Viking Ragnarok for my son for the holidays, and was wondering what the supply is like and whether there tend to be any Thanksgiving sales or the like? Thanks in advance for any info!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Most likely there will be no sales since Odin puts his controllers the lowest he can to support his company (staff,supplies, and of course himself) already. The Ragnarok is a awesome controller man, if I was your son Im sure I would love that present haha.