New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

NYjetsNY1

Q: Will the new ones that you'll be selling be on the main site under the modded controllers tab at the top? I just wanna make sure I get one ASAP when they are released cuz I know you guys sometimes only have a limited supply. I'll be busy a lot this fall with work and school but I'll make sure I keep checking in.

A: New site actually. We are working on it right now. It looks fantastic! The new controllers will be under the modded controllers tab on the new site. We will have a large supply of them.

Statement: I just downloaded and installed both software packages since I know I am definitely buying one or the other. I'll make sure I keep them updated too. The software seems easy enough to use.

A: Actually, I wouldn't have both as the firmware and such are incompatible between the two controllers. If you put legacy/rapid-fire firmware/modes on a macro controller or vice versa, you can mess up your controller. Wait until you know which controller to buy, then install the software lol. I guess youcan play around with it for now, but once you get one, delete the other software.

Q: What exactly does the controller come with? What type of cable does it come with to connect to your laptop or do I have to use my own play and charge cable or something of that nature? I also really only use battery packs for my controllers, do the macros use battery packs or standard batteries. Just wondering because I also have rechargeable batteries I would use that are AA and AAA.

A: We recommend AA batteries. To program, use AA batteries with a play and charge kit on the computer. The macro controllers comes with a play and charge kit, I do not believe the Tyr's hand does, but it is compatible with it. So you'll want one if you get the rapid-fire controller. AA batteries, not AAA. You can also use rechargeable batteries but these aren't recommended. I believe rechargeable AA will be OK, but we'll see! The microsoft rechargeable battery pack has issues when it loses charge. Make sure to always have charged batteries available!

Statement: Thank you so much again. You're the man! You definitely will have me as a customer =)

Awesome. No problem.

NYjetsNY1

Just to clarify, right now you guys are tryin to finish selling the macro controllers and once you do you'll be selling new Odin's Raven controllers, (or ones that are very similar to it at least) making the macros discontinued for now? Do you think you'll have macros still in stock say in september or early october? As I talked with you before NYjetsNY1, I might want to buy a macro and one of the others in the fall you told me of. I know it's hard to judge but I was just curious cuz I just don't have the money right now or I would've gotten one already lol.

We are slowly trying to sell the macro controllers, but they are still selling fast. Then we will begin selling more odin-raven like 360 controllers. At our current rate we should have some in September, but who knows!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yeah I was gonna uninstall the software for whichever I dont get anyway. And ok awesome cant wait for the new supply! And I already have one play and charge kit so thats all set and I'll have to buy a few AA battery packs once I decide which other one im gonna get besides the new one thats coming out. Thanks again for all of your help! I will probably have to look back at this to remember everything hahahaha. I appreciate it very much and cant wait to buy from here in a month or so =)

baddad

Do you have any Thor's hammer controllers left? Mine broke and I'd trally like a new one. Don't need and can't swing the $200 for the macro, my budget is only about $100.

NYjetsNY1

It isn't going to be in limited supply if that is what you are asking. The macro controller is in limited supply though.

odingalt

Staff member
Unless something drastically changes (like an angel investor comes in and purchases the Macro controller design from us, to mass produce it) we have about 300 macro controllers left. We're definitely pricing the remaining units at a premium to get the most "bang for our buck" since there's nothing like them out there.

Earlier around April 2011 we had asked customers if they would be interested in a "Reduced cost" macro controller that would essentially remove the analog sticks from the design. We're not going to try to design that at this time. Instead, we are going to spend a couple of months building a "first person shooter" rapidfire controller, similar to our old Thor's Hammer and Odin's Raven. This should help us get the costs of the retail product down to the low $100's which is more reasonable for a modded controller. With a much simpler install of a "regular" rapidfire controller (mind you ours will still have features not available anywhere else), we will also be able to offer a lot more customization, so customers won't be stuck with only picking from 4 or 5 different shell types.

we have about 300 macro controllers left. We're definitely pricing the remaining units at a premium to get the most "bang for our buck" since there's nothing like them out there.

*Seriously crossing my fingers that there are some left by the time my order goes through* Got denied at time of purchase earlier today. Kept saying Incorrect address. Bank is holding money. Gonna get my money back tomorrow morning and try again with a pre paid credit card

odingalt

Staff member
*Seriously crossing my fingers that there are some left by the time my order goes through* Got denied at time of purchase earlier today. Kept saying Incorrect address. Bank is holding money. Gonna get my money back tomorrow morning and try again with a pre paid credit card

No you'll be good, we should have these for around 3 more months or so.

LEGIT x L00N3Y

1 month I think

Is the new controller from Viking coming out next month xD if so can I know details on what its going to have I heard it going to be more like for mw games that's perfect