New DIY kits

BradT25

Hi all,

Got the email about VikingDigital today, pretty excited. I have a question for the administrator's, and that is, Is there anyway the new chips can be wired pad friendly installs. I have a couple of wired pads laying around still, and much prefer the feel of them compared to its wireless counterpart.

Thx in advance.

IrishStyle

Wired controller are very far off from wireless, a chip would have to be made for both. As for the new DIY kits I think its a GREAT idea.

odingalt

Staff member
When we get the new Matrix2 (wireless) mod chip out there I can try to provide as much info as possible so you guys can try reverse engineering the wired pad. It sounds like if I can find the time to get the solder points down then I would be able to sell more DIY kits!

odingalt

Staff member
One style. Depending on how how things go it may just come as a chip in a static baggy. Or I might offer a sleeper and a tac-switch version, but both would have the same wiring schematic. In other words we won't have three configurations like before when we had Tyr's Hand, Thor's Hammer and Odin's Raven. It will be one type of controller but maybe with a few options to customize...

odingalt

Staff member
Yes but programmable with what is the question. We are doing away with having all the driver updates like in past products. It will have USB and probably just come with a USB software tool that lets you set speeds and do some other customizing. But my plan is not to be releasing driver updates all the time.

BradT25

Sounds like it will be Boss. And back to the wired pad, just jump over to acidmods, im pretty sure RDC has a hi res picture of the wired pad and all traces and button points. I really think the wired pad would be a good investment of your time bro.

Fredrow

oh ok It would be programable as well ?

Well I know that E' has already answered this question but I gotta toss in my 2-cent-remark on it too!!
Like E' mentioned the new chip will be USER-Programmable! One would have to know that any controller mod product that Viking360 releases will always be User-Programmable.
I would have been hella shocked if I heard that the new chip wasn't user-programmable; since the signature of the Viking360 company is User-Programmable Technology!!!

Sounds like it will be Boss. And back to the wired pad, just jump over to acidmods, im pretty sure RDC has a hi res picture of the wired pad and all traces and button points. I really think the wired pad would be a good investment of your time bro.

I know that E' and myself already have all the Hi-Res pin-out schematics made by RDC for all the controllers he has done them for; and they maybe located at AM but I always get mine at xbox-scene forums!!
Also you may think that building a separate board just for wired controllers would be a good investment in your eyes, but overall in the eyes of V360 that really wouldn't be looked at as an great investment.

But the great thing about being able to buy the D.I.Y kits is that one could do it themselves and wire the mod chip up to a wired controller. Now E' also touched on this already very briefly.
One could take the time to figure out what would need to be done to convert the mod chip to be wired onto the Wired controllers!!! But really its nothing to worry to much about yet since
no one really has a great idea as to what the new mod chip functions are going to be or even what type of PIC is going to be used for the board!! So once all that is figured out then we can work on a conversion
because I'm actually very interested myself into doing something on a wired controller!!

BradT25

I know that E' and myself already have all the Hi-Res pin-out schematics made by RDC for all the controllers he has done them for; and they maybe located at AM but I always get mine at xbox-scene forums!!
Also you may think that building a separate board just for wired controllers would be a good investment in your eyes, but overall in the eyes of V360 that really wouldn't be looked at as an great investment.

But the great thing about being able to buy the D.I.Y kits is that one could do it themselves and wire the mod chip up to a wired controller. Now E' also touched on this already very briefly.
One could take the time to figure out what would need to be done to convert the mod chip to be wired onto the Wired controllers!!! But really its nothing to worry to much about yet since
no one really has a great idea as to what the new mod chip functions are going to be or even what type of PIC is going to be used for the board!! So once all that is figured out then we can work on a conversion
because I'm actually very interested myself into doing something on a wired controller!!
I wasn't suggesting that it be a separate pcb, rather one with alternative wiring schematics. I realize this is quite harder and more complex that it sounds but yeah thats where I was headed with that. I know that opensource codes are not as refined as viking, however for those who are a familiar with it, I got hazers flex code to work on the wired cl board.

Fredrow

I wasn't suggesting that it be a separate pcb, rather one with alternative wiring schematics. I realize this is quite harder and more complex that it sounds but yeah thats where I was headed with that. I know that opensource codes are not as refined as viking, however for those who are a familiar with it, I got hazers flex code to work on the wired cl board.

Well open-source codes really didn't have anything to do with what I was suggesting.

The weird thing is that it sounds like you already have a good step on the process of converting from a wireless to wired controller setup. If ya think about it, it's really pretty simple. The trick is just going to be with the programming portion of the board, but even that can be worked out. Like if V360 decides to drop the PnC port-programming for just a USB connection on the controller side then that would be really easy to figure-out and wouldn't need extra components from the DIY'er; but PnC programming could be solved too on a wired controller....

jojoenglish85

I say keep the Macro, and create a new type of controller specific for the Call of duty genre and battlefield games coming out. Something like the Ragnarok for ps3 but specifically for call of duty series ie.MW3. Macro will always sell, maybe not as fast as you would want them to, but with the right marketing it will be the best. I am just not really interested in buying anything else after owning the Macro, I feel like moving away from that feels like down grading, thats my .02

Keep the Macro alive, its going to turn into one of those phenoms where just when people really start to hear about it, by the end of this year they will all be sold out. If you don't make something better then people wont be too interested.

NYjetsNY1

I say keep the Macro, and create a new type of controller specific for the Call of duty genre and battlefield games coming out. Something like the Ragnarok for ps3 but specifically for call of duty series ie.MW3. Macro will always sell, maybe not as fast as you would want them to, but with the right marketing it will be the best. I am just not really interested in buying anything else after owning the Macro, I feel like moving away from that feels like down grading, thats my .02

Keep the Macro alive, its going to turn into one of those phenoms where just when people really start to hear about it, by the end of this year they will all be sold out. If you don't make something better then people wont be too interested.

The problem is CCG2 boards are being removed out of all controllers and replaced with Matrix2 boards. However, it seems some limited edition controllers still have CCG2 and not Matrix2.

In the future, possibly if we can make a Matrix2 board + controller into a fully functioning macro controller, then we can bring back the macro controller as a major premium.

Fredrow

JoeJoe, Jetz answer is the true reason why the macro controller will not be around for much long. The life-line of the macro controller was/is the CG2 PCB. Without that you do not have a macro controller.
You did make some ok points, but my question to you is; if you already own a Macro controller what are you worried about?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

can i ask a question about this...lets say mw3 comes out...you make a update for that...lets say they do a patch like in WaW will you release an update for that?

jojoenglish85

Well Honestly, Im stating my concern for the brand itself. Not everyone has heard of the macro so they lose out when its all sold out. I have mine for now, but im worried when it breaks down and what if im not able to fix it? Then im also out of a good piece of hardware and money. I just hope that anything else put out will be just as good as the Macro and PS3 Rag. controller. ALso i am wanting to buy a Rag. controller but i am worried that it won't work correctly when MW3 comes out, should that even be a concern?

NYjetsNY1

can i ask a question about this...lets say mw3 comes out...you make a update for that...lets say they do a patch like in WaW will you release an update for that?

The current ragnarok you can edit the rapid-fire speed! So no worries for new updates / patches, you can adjust your rapid-fire!

On the macro controller for xbox 360, you'll just have to put in a new macro we make.